October 26, 2014 | 903 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by maymakeup24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not sure what all the hype with this product is about. It gives a nice finish but thats about it. The coverage is too sheer to actually cover any of my blemishes and it clings to my dryness like crazy. Haven't tried it in pictures. The packaging has a nice pump but if you store it sideways it will leak. Got the shade 115 at imats and its too dark. Glad I got it at a discount because I would not buy it full price.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by allonsy

I like this foundation. A lot. It makes my skin look great. And I don't want to admit this to myself, but.... it breaks me out! Every time I use this foundation I think "Why did I ever stop! I look amazing!" and then the next day I wake up, look in the mirror and realize the error of my ways... I'm jealous of people with less sensitive skin than me who care able to wear this beautiful foundation, but I'm afraid I had to retire it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Nadja3377

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my best foundations but its pricey...I only wear it in special occasions - I can't afford to replace it on a monthly basis

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by mermaidprincess1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've read online that there is a dupe for this foundation in the drugstore - revlon photo ready liquid foundation. I've tried both and I can honestly say makeup forever is so worth the money and revlon has some sort of shimmer to it. I would buy it again If i had the money to. It's pretty expensive but then again lately I've been stuck buying drugstore makeup. The coverage is great, it doesn't look cakey, definetly buildable. I just wish it wasn't so expensive because this is the perfect foundation for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 5:49:00 AM More reviews by labyrinthine33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation. I have been on the hunt for a medium to full coverage foundation that didn't cake or come off midday and I have found it. The color selection is amazing, it melts perfectly into my skin and accentuates the high points on my face. I don't know how it does it, but it makes my skin look like satin. I love it and will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by julielee672

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 2nd bottle so this deserves a review. The color selection is great. I'm an nc30-35 and the 127 dark sand matches perfectly. I have sensitive, dry, eczema prone skin and it doesn't make my skin scaly or break me out. I get good coverage with just one pump using a beauty blender. I strayed away to Dior's Flawless in 031 for a while and just realized how much better this makes my skin look. I'm sticking with this until I find a good natural alternative,

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Sk8ter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

A foundation to go!!

Applied easily with either finger, brush or sponge. Could be worn as natural look or full face makeup at weddings.(depend on the amount you use but coverage would be vary too)

Top quality but not Holy Grail.( what would be HG is Sisley, Cle de peau; these 2 make you look like having great skin since you are born) It cling on dry patches sometimes.
The price in my country is outrages (70$/1 bottle) I might buy it again but never buy in my country for sure.

Ps I also have HD primer but never could figure out a good way to used it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION! I have very oily skin and I am in shade #127 (MAC NC30) and it matches me perfectly. It looks so natural and beautiful! Photographs amazing and this foundation is just perfection. Looks so beautiful on the skin and flawless. I use my beauty blender and it is just incredible. Doesn't budge, transfer, or oxidize! I highly recommend to everyone! Run and buy this don't walk!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gave this a try in #177 (neutral caramel) a deep brown which is a bit more yellow-toned than my usual liquid foundation (Urban Decay Naked Skin in 12). I love the color range - there's a variety of undertones represented in the deeper shades.
I apply with my fingers (war paint stripes) and then stipple on/blend out with a damp beauty blender sponge. A few pumps gives me the medium coverage I prefer without looking cakey. When I applied with a brush I used way more product (like 5 pumps) and ended up with a too flat look, so the BB is the way to go if you like a sheerer, more natural look.
The texture of this feels nice - silky with a slightly dewey finish that gets shiny in my t-zone after a few hours with no primer. it does emphasize my pores more than I'd like. It feels heavier than my urban decay, but still pretty light. I'm not sure that this would hold up well in the heat or humidity of summer as it does wear off after a several hours. Didn't notice a smell and the transfer is obnoxious without setting powder.

Oh, and it does photograph well for me (not too flat and no flash ash). In photos, it looks like I'm wearing nothing and have even toned skin.

Overall, it doesn't beat my faves due to the wear it wears, but I like it enough to keep in the mix.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I really wanted to like this, since everyone raves about how great it looks in photos. On me, however (color 115 was what I chose), it didn't look good, so I'm sure it would not have looked good in photographs either. It accentuated dry patches (even ones I didn't know I had) and just didn't look natural. I tried to put up with it for a while, but found myself coming up with excuses not to use it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No