November 21, 2014 | 1851 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by joannajoseph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a NC37 and was matched to shade # 155. This is a super-pricy foundation, but I do think a good foundation is one of the few beauty products that are worth investing in. When I wear this foundation, I always think my skin looks like my skin, but better. There's a pretty glowy finish to this (even though it's matte), and it applies so beautifully and evenly without clumping up to dry skin or blemishes. I knocked off one star because it's so darn expensive, but if you're lucky, you can get it for a little cheaper off of ebay/Amazon/another online site.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by aliciajim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So far this is fabulous on my face. I'm acne prone and definitely cannot do drug store foundation without having a huge zit the next day. I have not broke out wearing this at all. It covers my acne scars and redness perfectly. It leaves a nice matte finish as well and does not look cakey. I prime with ester Lauder and use a light powder after. It stays put like this and I don't look like a grease monkey by the end of the day (as i do have combination skin). I haven't tried it alone. This is my usually routine anyway since my T-zone is pretty oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have purchased this foundation several times now, and overall, I've had a positive experience with this product. I am a big fan of the MUFE foundations. My favorite actually is the Matte Velvet + because I tend to be on the oilier side, but this foundation is wonderful too. I like how the coverage of Makeup Forever foundations are medium-full, yet appear and feel light on the skin. I had moderate acne as a teen, and still suffer from post-blemish scarring along with the occasional breakout, and this foundation covers my imperfections beautifully without being heavy and cake-y. In my opinion, a majority of skin types can wear this foundation. I have combination skin that can become oily with heat or humidity, and this foundation holds pretty dang well on my greasy mess of a sweaty face. I can get some shine with this foundation if I'm in a hot, stuffy room or outdoors in the heat and humidity, but this foundation does not claim to provide oil control, and actually does a great job for a foundation geared towards all skin types at subsiding sebum. This foundation probably will do well for those of you with dry skin as well because it has a creamy consistency that blends very easily and is soft on the skin. For those of you like myself who tend to get a little shiny, just use your favorite setting powder and you're good to go.
The packaging is great too, and so easy to use with the convenient pump bottle. I have noticed, however, that the shade range is more for people with warmer/neutral skin tones, which works for me since I'm pretty olive, but those of you with cooler skin tones may have a little more difficulty finding a match. Don't let that discourage you from trying it out, though. This is a worthwhile foundation if you can find a match.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Finally got a chance to try this since I was out of my Diorsculpt. I really thought I would like this but I didn't, I found it drying and it darkens after you apply it on skin. I don't find this full coverage at all more like medium on the light side, The colors are strange and I did try a few 120 was too light while all the others were way too dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by lipglosslove

I have tried a lot of foundations recently and this is the one I come back to. It isn't perfect and by no means makes my problem skin look 'flawless', but it definitely evens skin tone and provides a much nicer look to skin than if I were to remain makeup free. The things I like the most about this foundation is the colour match (excellent) and the appearance - not cakey, not mask-like, much more natural and flattering than other foundations I have tried recently. To summarise if you need to cover problem areas, try to do so with a concealer product, as a foundation for an even skin tone and improved look to skin this one is nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Roxxy6341

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When I bought this foundation, I was looking for a medium to full coverage foundation that would help the appearance of my problem skin at the time. I went to Sephora and got matched (I found a color that is pretty spot on. They have a good color range) and gladly took it home. I've been using it for about 4 months now and have really enjoyed it.

What I liked:
-Nice medium coverage foundation (it is build able, but for the most part it's medium coverage)
-Satin finish. No shimmer, glitter, or weird dewy finish)
-Pump bottle!!!!!
-It's very easy to build up without looking cake-y and even when I set it with powder (I use a MAC MSF and the MUFE HD powder) I don't look like I plastered on my foundation.

The only thing I can think of that someone might have a problem with is that this foundation doesn't cover up blemishes or redness very well. Like, it covers them, but you can still notice the places you have a blemish that may be red or irritated. Now, that didn't bother me too much since I use powder and it is what it is, but for someone who has acne that tends to be very red, I would recommend Clinique Redness Solutions foundation. It's very similar to this one, but does a better job with fighting redness.

tl;dr I really like this foundation. I use it as my everyday one. I will buy it in my summer color once I get tan and really enjoy using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by rlamour

I really wanted to love this foundation, especially after hearing such positive reviews of it. However, I found that is really fell short, although the color range is fantastic, it's staying power and the texture of it's finish really turned me off. It gave light- maybe light medium at best coverage, and I found that I had to use a ton to get decent coverage.

If you have pretty much perfect skin already, I can see why you would like this foundation, however, it doesn't really do much of anything for dark circles, acne scarring, or discoloration. The staying power was also minimal, every time I would touch my face I would get the product on me (a big pet peeve of mine). Also this foundation seemed to break down over the course of the day and get globby on my skin. I wanted to love it, but was seriously disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by carcars2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ACTUALLY TRIED THIS FOUNDATION AND THE CONCEALERS AT SEPHORA AND I WAS SOOOOO EXCITED, BUT EVERY SHADE I TRIED DID NOTHING TO COVER MY BLEMISHES. SO I RECOMMEND THIS FOUNDATION ONLY IF YOU HAVE NO BLEMISHES!!.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by maymakeup24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not sure what all the hype with this product is about. It gives a nice finish but thats about it. The coverage is too sheer to actually cover any of my blemishes and it clings to my dryness like crazy. Haven't tried it in pictures. The packaging has a nice pump but if you store it sideways it will leak. Got the shade 115 at imats and its too dark. Glad I got it at a discount because I would not buy it full price.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by allonsy

I like this foundation. A lot. It makes my skin look great. And I don't want to admit this to myself, but.... it breaks me out! Every time I use this foundation I think "Why did I ever stop! I look amazing!" and then the next day I wake up, look in the mirror and realize the error of my ways... I'm jealous of people with less sensitive skin than me who care able to wear this beautiful foundation, but I'm afraid I had to retire it.