September 18, 2014 | 1373 users online

Foundations - Sally Hansen - Inspired By Carmindy Natural Beauty Your Skin Makeup ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

This is am amazing foundation. It has a lot of silicones in it which makes it glide over all my skin imperfections. I don't have breakouts but just minimal red acne marks left over and this covers most of them w/o concealer. The coverage is medium and it sets pretty fast but I was able to blend it fine because it just glides. Its not powdery at all and has a dewy, really pretty finish. My skin is a little bit dry and this goes right over it w/o showing any of the flakies. It also doesn't really feel like wearing makeup not heavy at all. Also, I think it even made my skin more moisturized something about it. I don't even set it with powder afterwards and I have really oily skin. I wore it for at least eight hours and it did not move I think b/c the silicones makes it stay on really well. I remove it with jojoba oil and it all comes off nicely. My only problem for me personally is that I do have oily skin and while it doesn't make that worse, it also doesn't make it better.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by rrhoden05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

The lightest color is a tad bit too dark for my ppp skin, but I couldv'e made it work. I loved that this had a pump and it looks great when I first apply it, gives medium coverage, after a few hours it tends to slide right off my face around my nose and chin. It didn't cause me any break-outs, just wish it would've stayed put. I will use it up but will not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by topnotch_babydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ive been using this foundation for a few months now,and it is simply amazing!I have dry,acne prone skin and I have literally tried almost every high end brand under the sun,and this was one of my first ventures into drugstore makeup.I feel the quality of this surpasses many high end brands! The color was perfect--ecru beige for my NC20 skin.I tried porcelain and it was too pale,perhaps itd work for NW15 skin.The texture is a bit thicker,and the coverage is med-full buildable.I love that it has a pump.I use this w/my sephora #55 airbrush and it gives an amazing,flawless finish.I havent been this happy w/a foundation in awhile.You do have to moisturize really well,I found it sometimes clings to my dry patches.It also seems to fade after 4-5 hrs of wear,but its still worth it.I set it w/Lily Lolo mineral foundation in warm peach,and it gives me picture perfect skin! Will buy over and over!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by pandabear33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this foundation about a year and a half ago, slapped it on my face right away, & was horrified. It had balled up on my face almost immediately, accentuating every little tiny area that wasn't perfect. I immediately returned it. Despite my past experience, I was in the market to try a new foundation recently & decided to give this one another go because of all the positive reviews on MUA. The color match was PERFECT - i feel like very few brands can get very fair shades right - but I had the same results that I got a year ago. It felt so so so thick on my face, and I can't stand that feeling. I tried several different methods of applying it, as well as over different moisturizers..but it still was a big old cakey ass mess. Even my boyfriend commented on how you could see the makeup sitting on top of my skin. I have dry skin, but not so much so that a foundation should be doing what this one did. It looked like I had used a spatula to put my makeup on and that is just not attractive. I returned it once again and definitely will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by lorisuepalm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Decided to try something besides "Mineral Makeup" My skin has been so dry. So far so good. Nice coverage. I have been using for one week. Works best with a primer. Have not tried this lines primer yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Justin11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

After years of searching, I have to say that this may just be my HG foundation. It's the most amazing drugstore foundation I have tried, period. I feel it's as good, if not better, than other high-end brands as well.

I apply it with my fingers, and the coverage is amazing. It's full without being heavy or cakey at all, and if I feel I need extra coverage, it's definitely buildable. It has a really thick, cream-like consistency, which I love because it's not so dry that it emphasizes dry areas or flaky patches, and it makes for easy blending. This is the one foundation that I have found that makes your skin look flawless no matter what you have going on underneath...flaky, red, etc...it's all covered. The best part is that even though it's full coverage, it still looks completely natural and like "Your Skin."

Initially, I was hesitant to try this foundation because it wasn't oil-free and normally that's a requirement for my acne-prone skin. However, I took the plunge and i'm so glad I did. It doesn't break me out at all, and I actually think it may stay matte longer than some of the oil-free ones I have tried.

I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a full-coverage foundation that won't break the bank. Yes, I do think it's a little more pricey than it should be for drugstore foundation, but since it works for me, I don't mind paying it. As far as the packaging, I have to agree that the frosted glass isn't the greatest when it comes to picking a shade, but I do like it. It doesn't have that cheap feel that some do, and the pump is great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I rarely say "the best, my favorite" as a comment to my reviewed products. BUT, this foundation, ill say it is the best and my favorite drugstore foundation ive ever used. usually the long-lasting and anti-oxgyen foundation will make your skin dull crazily. and the ones which dont harm your skin usually wont be able to stay on your face for more than two hours. this one, is the best one has a perfect balance between this two sides. thats why i say its the best drugstore foundation. it could be a little cakey in the winter, but if you apply a good primer it wont be a problem.
    i know the price is a little pricy for drugstore product, but its so worth it. its actually not a drugstore foundation quality and it even comes with a pump! the only problem is that maybe you wont be able to find a shade which matches your skintone perfectly because there are only ten shades avaiable and most of them are cool tone colors. but if you are lucky enough to find one, then just try it on, you wont regret!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by beebop808

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is a "devil in disguise!" in an absolute good way of course! I wanted to wait a while to do a review on this. This is my second (first Revlon Colorstay) drugstore foundation purchase. It is overpriced in my opinion being that its a drugstore foundation. Secondly, I really don't like buying foundation from drugstores, due to the simple fact that; testers aren't readily available, no MA, and the color selections are almost always off for me as well as the quality. I got mine for a little over $15 tax included. I wasn't looking to spend 15 bucks on drugstore makeup up let alone a foundation when I could have easily came up with $11 more and gone to MAC. However, I was willing to give it a try since stumbling across the display and seeing the well reviews here on MUA. To my dismay, I was pleasantly surprised as to how good of a quality this really is. It covers all your flaws extremely well (mines that is!). I didn't use it to conceal dark under-eye circles, but works so good at camouflaging acne blemishes and scarring. *CheeWhoo* Giving you a flawless, glowing, dewy completion!!! Some may find it a little oily, but a little powder does the trick. This foundation is great for disguising any flaws you may have ladies :) The reason I call it a devil in disguise because once you wash this off, all your flaws are visible again :( I just may repurchase this, if I can figure out what's causing my breakout! 4 lippes cause I'm assuming this cause me to breakout after a few months.
    ********************************************************************
    Pros:
    The texture is creamy & smooth
    Bendable & buildable
    Medium to full coverage
    Great use/application without a primer or moisturizer
    Disguises your flaws

Cons:
    Consistency is thick
    Frosted glass bottle making it hard to see actual color
    Didn't find any testers
    Causing possible breakouts
    Doesn't wash off easily

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by silverbrook

I bought this at Ulta on sale for about $6 and so far I really like it! I've only used it today so I'm not sure if it'll break me out yet. I bought sandy beige. To put it on I dispensed the liquid onto the back of my hand and applied to my face with a flat-top brush. At the end I didn't even wash my hand because it had blended into my skin so well, lol. It feels like I'm not wearing any foundation and the coverage is quite good! It was pretty easy to blend too. I just used rapid stippling/short brushstrokes. I really like the feel of the product and also, the packaging is heavy and feels expensive which is a plus. And you can't beat the price. I think normally it's about $12. Run to ULTA and get this if you're trying to figure out a new foundation to try since there are mad clearance sales!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by chewydg

I love how this foundation feels on my skin! I looked up on here all foundations and found some pretty good reviews. Luckily when I went into cvs I bought the perfect color, so no need to go back and return lol! It's a very light foundation barely feel like I'm wearing anything. I put on a primer before hand and added the foundation. So far so good :]