Moroccanoil Morrocan Oil Treatment

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 11/2/2013 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This made my hair super shiny which I love. It gave me that "POP" that I was looking for and turned some heads when I went out LOL!

It really kept my hair healthy and moisturized, helped prevent split ends, and maintained my hairs integrity throughout the abuse that I put it through.

on 11/1/2013 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this oil! It is not too heavy or oily and it smells great! It works GREAT coupled with the Intense Curl Cream when I wear my hair curly.

on 10/31/2013 4:46:00 AM

I really do adore this hair oil because it means I can continue to get away with not conditioning my hair (bar twice a month deep-conditioning treatment).

The other benefit of using this is that it makes my hair (black, thin strands but lots of it, naturally neither straight nor wavy... (does my head in!)) nice and wavey! There's a method to this: towel dry hair, DO NOT COMB, scrunch two pumps of moroccanoil into the bottom two-thirds of my hair and leave to air dry. Works every time.

Just one con - the packaging! It leaks so if you're going to take this to the gym with you make sure you get either the travel version, or decant it into a bottle that is at least half-decent in it's promise to not leak when slightly off-kilter.

on 10/28/2013 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

ik LOVEEE this product!! My hair just feels so amazing :) it's so soft and shiny but my hair becomes greasy if i use to much of the product or to often and the price O.o it's so expensive! That's why i wouldn't repurchase is, well maybe.... ;)

on 10/28/2013 12:10:00 AM

Great product, not greasy, smells great, tames my thick frizzy hair and feels sooo soft. Worth the $

I got a 5 ml sample a month ago and I've been using ever since. I can see it's going to last me for a long time. It makes my hair so soft and much less frizzy. My hair is thin and long but this product doesn't weight it down or makes it greasy like other people have complained. After I wash my hair, I dry it with a towel and comb it. Then I put 2 or 3 drops of this into my palm and rub my palms together. I put hair between my palms and glide my palms down (I only apply from the middle down to the ends because my hair gets oily at roots pretty fast). That's it! This is better than any hair mask or conditioner that I've ever used! I really love it! It smells nice too.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Amazing stuff! Don't know how people didnt love it!!

on 10/15/2013 10:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I am 58 years old and my natural hair is white on the top and sides and gray in the back. I have colored my hair dark blonde and I love it (L'Oreal Excellence creme, 7bb permanent hair color). However I was using dark Moroccanoil the whole time (every time I shampooed my hair, for 3 months) not realizing that it was the oil that was turning my hair an unnatural brassy yellow color, which became MUCH worse when I spent some time in the sun. I used the oil on my virgin non-porous white hair and it was fine, but on the porous colored hair it was weird. My friends asked me what color my hair was supposed to be. Not the mark of a great color job! Finally after doing a little research online, I discovered that oil (any oil) not only strips hair color, but the dark Moroccanoil will turn blonde hair brassy yellow. I have not tried the light Moroccanoil, but I don't think I will after this fiasco.

I shampooed my hair with a color safe shampoo to get the oil out and then shampooed again with Blue Malva (purple shampoo) and left it on a few minutes (under 5) (to neutralize the yellow) and my hair looks like a more normal medium blonde, not yellow.

Ok, the next day my hair still looked a little brassy, so I shampooed with Pureology Hydrate shampoo. This shampoo is a medium lavender color to be used like Blue Malva to neutralize brass, but not as strong as Blue Malva. (You can also mix Blue Malva with a color safe shampoo to lessen the strength) I then used the companion conditioner in Pureology Hydrate (which is white, NOT purple) and left it in about 20 minutes. I then rinsed my hair and blew it dry and it looked much better, not completely normal but normal enough.

I believe that the Moroccanoil built up and stained my hair so I needed to get as much out as I could before recoloring.

Update: Moroccanoil is almost pure silicone, which coats the hair and sulfate free shampoo supposedly does not remove the silicone because the silicone is not water soluble. Heat locks the silicone into your hair making it hard to remove. Could contribute to early fading of color because the color isn't able to penetrate through the silicone.
It is better to look for products with water-soluble silicone or silicone free.

I gave the oil 1 lippie because it was moisturizing, but has been a pain for me to get my color corrected. It would probably work on virgin hair very well, but there is still the problem of build up.

on 10/12/2013 8:02:00 AM

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!! It seriously transforms my hair everytime i use it I get compliments. The smell is also great!

on 9/23/2013 11:16:00 PM

My hair is blonde, thin, the ends were once bleached, dry, sometimes frizzy and it's just past my bra strap.
I absolutely love this hair oil. It's my HG! I haven't used many hair oils in the past but this one is amazing and I am going to stick with this as long as they make it.
It smells incredible, has a yellowish colour to it which doesn't affect my blonde colour at all. I use one pump which is only a small amount and I am able to spread it through my hair very easily and it doesn't weigh it down at all. It makes my hair smooth, shiny and soft which is something I thought I wouldn't see until my natural hair grew out.
This oil is expensive at first but it will last a long time since you don't need very much it will last a long time so the price is defiantly worth it.

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products