July 23, 2014 | 1115 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 100% Pure Shea Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 2:14:00 AM More reviews by bonita29

This is my favorite L'Occitane product. It is a little tricky to use because you have to melt the shea with your fingers until it is soft and pliable; but it very moisturizing and I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2007 6:10:00 PM More reviews by BlondeJennyS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is great. As most of the other posts I use it mainly on my lips and occasionally on the tips of my hair for split ends. I am a big fan, however the one downside is its high price. I have been buying it but will switch over once I find a comprable product for less.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2007 2:43:00 AM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm giving this a low mark because of the brand name. On passing the l'occitane store I went in and saw the jar of shea butter they were selling for a ridiculous price and was horrified that anyone would buy it.
Tabaldi is correct. This company is taking full advantage of the fact that many people don't realize that they can buy a huge tub (about 4x larger than the one I saw in their store) of 100% unrefined 100% pure shea butter for $4-6 in most muslim/african stores/black beauty supply stores or just do a quick search on the web and you'll find hundreds of online stores that have it like Ebay or Anwaar.

Real shea butter is kind of like soft clay in consistency. It really does work to help heal marks and blemishes. You can also mix a little into your regular lotion to make it a bit softer. It's fantastic on hair if you mix it with hair creams. Used alone on my hair it's a bit drying though but mixed with coconut/olive/castor oil it's amazing. I also personally can't take the smell of it unless it is mixed down with something else. You can also mix in a few drops of essential oil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2007 10:21:00 AM More reviews by margiemoo

I bought the little 8ml tin of this to use as a lipbalm, and it's great! Non-sticky, non-shiny but moisturising, with very little fragrance. However, it's too expensive for such a small amount of product just for my lips, ($12.95AUD) as I go through one quite quickly. The little aluminium tin makes it ideal for the smallest of purses, but I prefer a tube. Nice product but probably wouldn't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by alal

I bought this in the travel tin pack that has 3 or 5 I can't remember. It was $25-30 for the pack, not bad when you divide amongst the multiple tins. This shea butter is VERY creamy and pure, and doesn't have that 'off' smell other, cheaper shea butters have. I use this on the lips primarily and it moisturizers beautifully without petroleum in it, and no real scents or tastes. Exactly how I like it. Also useful for cuticles and flyaway hair. I guess if I was really in a pinch I would buy whatever I could but so far L'occitane's pack has lasted me almost a year. Only drawback for me is the tins; i hate sticking my fingers in it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2007 1:15:00 AM More reviews by tebaldi

ummmm.....you can buy 100% Shea butter for about $4.00 an ounce. This is overpriced because of the name.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2007 9:39:00 AM More reviews by manmg2

WOW. This stuff is brilliant, you can use it for so many different things!! I use it as a lip balm as itís the only product I've found which keeps my lips smooth and prevents them from getting dry and cracked. I also use it on the ends of my hair to stop them from splitting and getting dry and brittle. I also use it on my feet to keep them nice and soft and prevent hard skin from building up. Itís also great for moisturising very dry skin. The only downside is that itís very expensive but you can get it a lot cheaper on ebay.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2007 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Aisukurimu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Given how thick this stuff is, I expected it to moisturise a little better. It is incredibly moisturising at first (ie. you can barely touch anything for the first hour after application!) but within a few hours it's almost as though you hadn't put it on - weird. I don't think it's any better than a standard supermarket moisturiser for dry skin, like Cetaphil. The bonus is that it's frangrance free, however. But it's quite an expensive product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2007 1:38:00 AM More reviews by brwneyedgymnast23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing! It has saved me. My eye area is super duper dry, painful sometimes too. I use this at night on my eyes and it's so nice! Really moisturizes and doesn't give me milia. I can only use it at night though because it doesn't exactly soak in right away. And during the winters my hands get super dry and crack, I bet I'll be using this on them this winter. We'll wait and see.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2007 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Kagali

I bought a small .26 oz tin of this and it lasted me a while because I only use this as a lip moisturizer. I think it's be too much as an overall moisturizer but it's hard to make your lips too oily as the lip skin generally takes a beating with the eating, licking of lips and different lip colors. When I dried the hell out of my lips using long lasting lipsticks, only this could get them back to being supple. Thumbs up. :)