L'Occitane 100% Pure Shea Butter

3.9

Shea Butter

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

A little goes a long way!! The pot may seemed overpriced but it's really not that bad cuz it does last. I use it on my lips when they are really chapped and also on very dry, cracked spots and around my cuticles where my skin sometimes breaks. I will buy again and bought some as a stocking stuffer for my sister!!

This is way too overpriced!! And not the best shea to use anyway. This is highly refined, so all the good qualities are removed from it. Ive used unrefined shea butter alot and its so much better! In general shea butter is hard to spread on skin anyway, but there have been some brands of the unrefined kind Ive really liked that melted into my skin like butter. But this one isnt it!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best pure shea butter product that I have ever purchased. It doesn't have an over the top nutty aroma to it, it emulsifies between my fingers rather quickly, and it never leaves my skin greasy.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Excellent product. I have very sensitive lips and this is the only thing I have found so far which moisturises them well without giving me an allergic reaction. I don't use this everyday, only some nights before going to sleep, but when I do, I can pretty much be assured of soft, smooth, rosy pink lips when I wake up in the morning. Price-wise, it's a tad expensive, but one small tin of the shea butter lasts me just about forever (I throw out all remaining product after a year, though), so I guess it isn't that bad.

i got this small pot, thinking it's cute. i used it as lip balm amd for my rough finger nails. for my lips, it works well, makes lips soft and soothing. for my fingers, nothing! the skin around my finger nails keep on drying, and applying this just makes me feel sticky...

I find this product is only something to be used for skin emergencies and problem areas. It's fabulous for general dry skin on the body, but I find it save me most when my skin flakes and dries and looks generally awful from over cleansing and lack of sleep. I put this on overnight and BAM it puts loads back into my skin. I'd never use it in the day on my face, it's far too thick for that but I've used it on my legs in the day before.

Way over priced. I gave some to my sister as a gift while she was pregnant for her growing tummy and she loved it. But she got this brand because of the gift factor. For me I will by the pure unrefined stuff from some place like TKB for a much better price.

This is my favorite L'Occitane product. It is a little tricky to use because you have to melt the shea with your fingers until it is soft and pliable; but it very moisturizing and I love it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product is great. As most of the other posts I use it mainly on my lips and occasionally on the tips of my hair for split ends. I am a big fan, however the one downside is its high price. I have been buying it but will switch over once I find a comprable product for less.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm giving this a low mark because of the brand name. On passing the l'occitane store I went in and saw the jar of shea butter they were selling for a ridiculous price and was horrified that anyone would buy it.
Tabaldi is correct. This company is taking full advantage of the fact that many people don't realize that they can buy a huge tub (about 4x larger than the one I saw in their store) of 100% unrefined 100% pure shea butter for $4-6 in most muslim/african stores/black beauty supply stores or just do a quick search on the web and you'll find hundreds of online stores that have it like Ebay or Anwaar.

Real shea butter is kind of like soft clay in consistency. It really does work to help heal marks and blemishes. You can also mix a little into your regular lotion to make it a bit softer. It's fantastic on hair if you mix it with hair creams. Used alone on my hair it's a bit drying though but mixed with coconut/olive/castor oil it's amazing. I also personally can't take the smell of it unless it is mixed down with something else. You can also mix in a few drops of essential oil.