Maybelline Define A Lash Waterproof

3.5

Isoleucine , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Water - Aqua , Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer , Rice Bran Wax - Oryza Sativa Cera , Paraffin , Alcohol Denat , Polyvinyl Laurate , VP/Eicosene Copolymer , Propylene Carbonate , Talc , Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolyme , PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate , Propylparaben , Methylparaben , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - May Contain

on 10/25/2009 10:24:00 PM

I absolutely love this mascara- I'm on my 5 tube now and get my friends to bulk buy it whenever they're in the US or Canada. I'd even go so far as to say that this is better than Chanel's inimitable waterproof mascara (which comes a very close 2nd). This mascara does exactly what it promises and does not flake or run in the humid hot summers that we have here. The brush is easy to use and really helps to enhance the curl. The curl holds up during the day and even through an Ashtanga yoga class. Can't recommend it enough. Just wish Maybelline would come out with more colors like a deep plum.

on 10/15/2009 12:58:00 PM

I love this product due to the clump free, long, dark, voluminous lashes that I get from it! Plus the waterproof version holds a curl all day and doesn't smudge at all.

I couldn't give the product a 5 because the packaging is really awful. The lid doesnt screw on tightly and the mascara dries out quite quickly; plus the brush is very very flimsy and feels like it is going to snap when you pull it out of the tube!
I can live with this though because of what it does to my lashes!!

I gave the price a 1 rating as I bought it for just 4.80 in Boots AND got double points! I will be stocking up!

Overall this cheap mascara does just as good a job as the 20 Dior Iconic Extreme! Will be purchasing again.

UPDATE: It is REALLY hard to get this off, even with my Clinique TTDO or MAC Cleanse off oil. This is my HG waterproof mascara, but I love Benefit Bad Gal Lash more.

on 10/10/2009 8:51:00 PM

i like this mascara because its waterproof although i found it smudged a bit when i wear on my lower lashes. you definetely needa comb/brush for this product though as it can clump or go on unevenly however it isnt bad and really does lenghten mylashes. i just really like how after i brush my lashes they look bigger but still really natural and as if i didnt use any mascara at all

on 9/29/2009 8:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The packing is bright and eye-catching, but it is what's inside that matters.

The applicator curves in on one side which is troublesome because before I apply, I have to rotate the wand to make it fit with the curve of my lashes. This is an added step that I wish I didn't have to take. Also, the applicator is much too flexible. I want to have full control when applying mascara, but this wand doesn't allow for that at all. The wand has so much give that it is better suited as a catapult.

The formula dried up way too quickly. Considering that this happened to my Maybelline Lash Discovery, I have a feeling Maybelline's waterproof mascara formulation is the problem.

This mascara did lengthen my lashes as it claims to do, but this one good quality doesn't justify the many other bad ones. PASS!

on 9/23/2009 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My favorite mascara of ALL TIME!
I wear this everyday.
It gives me long lashes and i really like this

on 9/16/2009 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This was my first mascara that I used. And I researched a whole bunch of mascaras and this is what I chose, and I ABSOLUTELY love it. It separates my lashes, it really doesn't thicken nor give it volume. Because my lashes don't really need those things. The mascara just works perfectly for me. But my bottle is getting a bit old, and starting to clump, but a lash comb can fix that.

on 9/13/2009 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm someone who likes testing new mascaras each time I need a new one and I was really curious for this mascara but had no reson to buy it because my Manhattan mascara was brilliant. And now Manhattan started to dry and I had the chance to try it out. To begin with I wanted the pink one, but it wasn't in waterproof so I took the green one. I love those colorfull tubes. Makes it easy to find the mascara. I love the flexible wand, it makes it so much easier to aply. But the thing is, there isn't much product on the wand, but still, one layer too much and it looks horrible. I does lenght the eyelashes but I noticed something that the tips of 1 or 2 eyelashes were bent down and it was a shock to me because nothing like this has never happened before. It didn't come off in sweaty practise, but in shower it was running all over my face. But once you get the hang of it it can make your lashes look really good.

I won't buy this again because...I'm a mascara addict and I want to try out as many mascaras as possible XD

I'm mixed so I have quite a lot of lashes with okay length, but no volume/curls at all. This is the ONLY mascara which will hold my curl. It makes my lashes really long, so I only use 1 and a half coats. It is truly waterproof, it's a huge pain to take off, even with a really good make-up remover. Also, if you're not careful when putting the brush back in, it'll slip and get all over your hands/tube, so one lippy off.
Overall, very good mascara!

on 9/1/2009 10:47:00 PM

I bought this mascara for the summer-as a waterproof coat to put over my normal mascara. All i wanted from this mascara was to add definition to my lashes and to not smudge. (I have quite short lashes) I applied this mascara =and it lasted with no smudging! through 4 hours of sweaty volleyball. All i did was curl my eyelashes (heated the curler with my hairdryer for 10 seconds, held the eyelashes in the curler for 10 seconds), then apply one coat to all my lashes. It gave me noticeably longer eyelashes-natural and feathery-and not at all fake. It held the curl through an intense workout-and it removes pretty easily with some facial wipes+wash. I like the wand because it leaves few if any clumps on my lashes and its able to reach the corner of my eyes easily (probs cuz i don't have excessively thick lashes) this product does everything it say does-its called "define a lash" not "im wearing fake eyelashes" and gives a pretty natural look

on 8/31/2009 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because I liked the original non-waterproof formula and thought "hey, great lashes and waterproof, I'm there". If only it was as good as the original. It makes lashes clumpy and fake looking and they can't be combed to de-clump. It also made my lashes dry and brittle, not an attractive look.