July 24, 2014 | 753 users online

Concealers - Becca - Concealer compact

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2006 10:16:00 PM More reviews by xmifaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I brought this to use as an under eye concealer - i love the small compact with mirror and the 2 coverages but it is cakey and drying *best applied with a concealer brush, not fingers.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2006 8:18:00 AM More reviews by jill_lauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm really pleased with this concealer. I have it in praline (I'm porcelain ivorym in LM)and it blends perfectly into my skin for the whole "naturally flawless skin" look. It has excellent coverage and stays put through the day. I'm tempted to say that this might replace Laura Mercier concealer as my new HG . . . will update.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2006 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Artbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Overall, I am disappointed in my Becca concealer. I have this in Praline, and the color and texture are fine, but it doesn't wear well on my skin compared to Laura Mercier's Secret Camoflage. Becca gets cakey or disappears altogether after a few hours, but my Secret Camo lasts all day. Admittedly, you do have to blend the two SC colors together, so Becca is more convenient in that way. Under my eyes, Becca didn't perform any better than Bobbi Brown or LM. It accentuates all the lines under my eyes even with careful application. So for $33, I'd pass.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2006 1:38:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Count me in as a Becca convert. So long BB Concealer Kit. Most of the reviewers seem to use Banana, and I think of my tone as being somewhat banana-y, so I tried that first and it's perfecto.

Just for the heck of it, I swiped my BB Beige concealer on my hand, and swiped Banana next to it. Unbelievable. BB looks terra cotta/orange and Becca is beautiful bisque-like beige.

Also, the creamy side of the Becca is sooo much creamier than BB. Unlike BB, with Becca you just need a touch of hydrating cream under your eye. AND, the creamy side is excellent to use around your nose if you have redness issues there. I always used to TRY to use BB concealer around my nose but it's impossible because it's too dry. But again, Becca is super creamy & smooths around nicely.

Lastly, love the fact that you have 2 consistancies to work with. The less creamy side of the Becca is perfect for those pesky sun spots - fabulous, realistic coverage.

In closing I'd like to thank all prior reviewers who warned about the flimsy hinge on the concealer. I've been very careful when opening it because I can see how it could break very easily. I probably would not have noticed that, though, if everyone hadn't mentioned it. THANK YOU.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2006 8:50:00 PM More reviews by meeshmu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, this is is a high quality concealer that i wont repurchase. read on. It does cover up well, but its a little tough to blend AND most of all, only really works well if you have a concealer brush. Absolutely wont work if you apply with your finger. (I like to use both.) The texture was just kinda of tough, and I had to layer on several layers to get my under eyes covered up well. I mean it layers well, but how long do you really want to stand in front of the mirror applying concealer. I would say this is ranked #4 as a creamy concealer in my book. #1 - definitely Lola, #2 Bobbi Brown, #3 Trish McEvoy. Like I said its not bad- its just not the best available .

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2006 2:03:00 AM More reviews by beachgirl562

I was on a quest to find a good concealer to help hide the hyper-pigmentation i got from my pregnancy as well hide redness and some small blemishes. After reading all the reviews on MUA, i had to try Becca. Everything everyone said was true... so many colors to choose from. I actually had a girl at Sephora sample the different shades on me to find the right shade (Brulee for me). The coverage is amazing !! I apply it with a Bare Essentials concealer brush all over my "problem areas".. follow up with a little loose powder and that's it.. no need for any foundation. I have always suffered with make up sliding off my face after a few hours, but was totally surprised that this stuff stays til i wash it off at night. It's NOT cheap, but for these results I would probably pay double. My skin hasn't looked this even in soo long. My new HG !!! Thanks girls for all your accurate reviews !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2006 6:43:00 PM More reviews by iro_k

Great news....I have FINALLY found the WORLD'S BEST CONCEALER!!! Becca has the most truly wonderful foundation and concealer products so for once you can finally believe the hype about a product...Becca delivers! Becca has SO MANY SHADES so whatever your skin colour you are bound to find a Becca concealer to match. The packaging is fantastic but what I love the most is how the compact is split - on one side there is a creamier version that you use under your eyes and on the other side there is a thicker, more opaque version that you use on your face. The beauty of the product is the formula - both types are easy to blend and leave a flawless finish that lasts! I LOVE IT!!! Becca is available at Sephora in the US and Myer in Australia - I WOULD DEFINITELY REPURCHASE!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2006 5:11:00 PM More reviews by freshface

I have Asian skin and it's hard to find a concealer shade that blends in well.
Becca concealer in toast could be an ultimate concealer. I've tried Paula Dorf's magic stick in #3, but it didn't match as well as Becca.

I use the regular coverage, the right side for my undereye area since it's more sheer, and dot on the left side extra coverage if I need a little more coverage, because if I use too much, the extra coverage clumps.

I do notice that the concealer seems to blend or sink into my skin after a while, after a few minutes, it's traceless. But I'm not sure if it has that great lasting power-I touch up often. I use my fingers to apply it, so maybe I should be using a brush and using powder to set it.

I must have dropped it on the floor, because my Becca concealer lid has broken off at the hinge and now I have to made do with balancing the mirror on top of the concealer in the palm of my hand.
The rubberized coating seems practical, but it's worn off.

Still, it's the best concealer I've tried so far, and it lasts. I will probably buy a new one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2006 1:08:00 AM More reviews by hatsumi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff really works with dark circles. The concealer has a creamy texture so you know coverage is nice and thick. I would recommend this concealer for you ladies who have trouble covering up dark under-eye circles or blemishes. You get two sides: on the left is heavy coverage and on the right is medium coverage.

EDIT: This is too expensive and it settles into lines. Not worth the $34 USD. If you do plan on purchasing this, my suggestion is to buy yourself a good eye cream. My recommendation: Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream. I believe that one contains a primer for your eyes too so it helps smooth your undereye area out so this concealer doesn't settle into lines.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2006 6:39:00 PM More reviews by makeupfanatic13

I am definitely loving this concealer. First I want to commend the shades....absolutely incredible. I found the perfect match over the internet in Sherbet. I love it soo much. I mostly use the side so concealing blemishes, and it covers them perfectly. I had one BRIGHT bright red acne spot, and it covered it almost flawlessly the first time, so then I put on my Prescriptives Virtual Skin foundation on, then I spot covered that spot again and it was virtually invisible, and I looked more flawless than ever. This is coming from a girl who has tried nothing but heavy foundations or high end brands to cover up acne marks which all turned out looking so fake and unrealistic. I've tried Bare Minerals, Chanel Vitalumiere, Estee Lauder Futurist (I think this foundation would break me out/give me whiteheads, because whenever I would take it off, I'd see new whitehead, when with the Becca Compact Concealer, I haven't seen it happen.) Jane Iredale Amazing Base, and I'm sure others I can't remember. With this heavy duty concealer, and the light coverage that Prescriptives Virtual Skin gives, I look natural and flawless all at the same time with the most perfect color match I have ever seen in my life. No more having to rub foundation on my neck and getting it all over my collar! What a relief! For reference, I am in Becca compact concealer: Sherbert, and in Prescriptives Virtual Skin: Cream 02. The colors match my neck perfectly, which has NEVER happened before in my life, so my skin can look pretty dull, but a little blush will fix that look right up with these two miracle products. I love it! Thank you for all the input on this concealer because if not for this concealer, I never would've been able to try less heavier foundations and I would've continued to look like a clown who put his make-up in the dark. I can finally look natural when I've been trying so hard for so long to get that look!