September 14, 2014 | 1944 users online

Concealers - Becca - Concealer compact

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2006 12:34:00 AM More reviews by mustangsuz00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am Asian with melasma (sunspots) and i've tried everything to cover it including Chanel, Shiseido, and MAC but none of those brands covered it as well as BECCA. The BECCA combination of foundation (Caramel) and Concealer Compact (Cashew) has covered my sunspots almost completely. It's miserable having these pesky sunspots that won't go away even after seeing numerous dermatologists. BECCA has helped the most cover it with looking perfectly natural. Natural is the key word. I don't look overly made up or covered up. I also suggest Caudalie Vinotherapie that has improved my skin texture and actually lighted my melasma.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2006 12:52:00 PM More reviews by kitty62

I have a long history with this concealor and believe it or not, I still haven't found a good color match. The best luck I've had so far is with combining two shades, Praline and Tahini. (For reference, LM Warm Ivory is a touch too light for me; Stila ILF in 30 Watts and Perfecting Foundation in C are perfect.) I get a little of each shade on the two different sides of a brush then blend them together on my hand. This has the nice effect of melting the concealor a bit, making it easier to apply without having to use a lot of eye cream underneath, though it is time-consuming and I end up wasting a lot.
Like a previous reviewer, I've gotten different shade recommendations every time I asked, both at Sephora (terrible lighting) and Nordstrom (better). I started with Biscuit (too white) then went all the way to Tahini (too dark and a bit too tan). Then I tried Praline (too light) and Latte (too gray). I didn't even consider Banana because that looked way too yellow. With all these shades around, I started combining and experimenting. As many colors as there are, I think there is a gap in the line since it's such a big leap from Praline to Tahini and there's no light shade with a touch of pink in it that isn't overly gray.
Otherwise, I'm happy with the formula. It stays put a good long while, especially if I go easy on the eye cream and take the time to blend properly. (On the package insert, Becca recommends a rolling instead of a wiping motion. My results are better if I take a little extra time to let the applied concealer melt a little further on my face before blending.) I don't use setting powder, which I believe emphasizes my lines. I also use the concealor along my lipline to cover some redness there.
Packaging quality is iffy. The rubberized coating peels off the compact after awhile, and I recently had a hinge break off one of mine. Now I have the four pans of the two shades side by side in a Trish McEvoy planner page. It's a handy arrangement; I'm just hoping they don't dry out.
I haven't stopped searching for my one perfect concealor, so I'll keep using this until I do .. or until my patience with combining runs out.
UPDATE 10/16/06: I am still using this, blending the two shades, but I discovered another use for the lighter one: a light (VERY LIGHT) dab on my very rosy-red lips, blended well, makes a nice base for paler lip colors. continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2006 10:16:00 PM More reviews by xmifaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I brought this to use as an under eye concealer - i love the small compact with mirror and the 2 coverages but it is cakey and drying *best applied with a concealer brush, not fingers.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2006 8:18:00 AM More reviews by jill_lauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm really pleased with this concealer. I have it in praline (I'm porcelain ivorym in LM)and it blends perfectly into my skin for the whole "naturally flawless skin" look. It has excellent coverage and stays put through the day. I'm tempted to say that this might replace Laura Mercier concealer as my new HG . . . will update.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2006 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Artbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Overall, I am disappointed in my Becca concealer. I have this in Praline, and the color and texture are fine, but it doesn't wear well on my skin compared to Laura Mercier's Secret Camoflage. Becca gets cakey or disappears altogether after a few hours, but my Secret Camo lasts all day. Admittedly, you do have to blend the two SC colors together, so Becca is more convenient in that way. Under my eyes, Becca didn't perform any better than Bobbi Brown or LM. It accentuates all the lines under my eyes even with careful application. So for $33, I'd pass.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2006 1:38:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Count me in as a Becca convert. So long BB Concealer Kit. Most of the reviewers seem to use Banana, and I think of my tone as being somewhat banana-y, so I tried that first and it's perfecto.

Just for the heck of it, I swiped my BB Beige concealer on my hand, and swiped Banana next to it. Unbelievable. BB looks terra cotta/orange and Becca is beautiful bisque-like beige.

Also, the creamy side of the Becca is sooo much creamier than BB. Unlike BB, with Becca you just need a touch of hydrating cream under your eye. AND, the creamy side is excellent to use around your nose if you have redness issues there. I always used to TRY to use BB concealer around my nose but it's impossible because it's too dry. But again, Becca is super creamy & smooths around nicely.

Lastly, love the fact that you have 2 consistancies to work with. The less creamy side of the Becca is perfect for those pesky sun spots - fabulous, realistic coverage.

In closing I'd like to thank all prior reviewers who warned about the flimsy hinge on the concealer. I've been very careful when opening it because I can see how it could break very easily. I probably would not have noticed that, though, if everyone hadn't mentioned it. THANK YOU.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2006 8:50:00 PM More reviews by meeshmu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, this is is a high quality concealer that i wont repurchase. read on. It does cover up well, but its a little tough to blend AND most of all, only really works well if you have a concealer brush. Absolutely wont work if you apply with your finger. (I like to use both.) The texture was just kinda of tough, and I had to layer on several layers to get my under eyes covered up well. I mean it layers well, but how long do you really want to stand in front of the mirror applying concealer. I would say this is ranked #4 as a creamy concealer in my book. #1 - definitely Lola, #2 Bobbi Brown, #3 Trish McEvoy. Like I said its not bad- its just not the best available .

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2006 2:03:00 AM More reviews by beachgirl562

I was on a quest to find a good concealer to help hide the hyper-pigmentation i got from my pregnancy as well hide redness and some small blemishes. After reading all the reviews on MUA, i had to try Becca. Everything everyone said was true... so many colors to choose from. I actually had a girl at Sephora sample the different shades on me to find the right shade (Brulee for me). The coverage is amazing !! I apply it with a Bare Essentials concealer brush all over my "problem areas".. follow up with a little loose powder and that's it.. no need for any foundation. I have always suffered with make up sliding off my face after a few hours, but was totally surprised that this stuff stays til i wash it off at night. It's NOT cheap, but for these results I would probably pay double. My skin hasn't looked this even in soo long. My new HG !!! Thanks girls for all your accurate reviews !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2006 6:43:00 PM More reviews by iro_k

Great news....I have FINALLY found the WORLD'S BEST CONCEALER!!! Becca has the most truly wonderful foundation and concealer products so for once you can finally believe the hype about a product...Becca delivers! Becca has SO MANY SHADES so whatever your skin colour you are bound to find a Becca concealer to match. The packaging is fantastic but what I love the most is how the compact is split - on one side there is a creamier version that you use under your eyes and on the other side there is a thicker, more opaque version that you use on your face. The beauty of the product is the formula - both types are easy to blend and leave a flawless finish that lasts! I LOVE IT!!! Becca is available at Sephora in the US and Myer in Australia - I WOULD DEFINITELY REPURCHASE!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2006 5:11:00 PM More reviews by freshface

I have Asian skin and it's hard to find a concealer shade that blends in well.
Becca concealer in toast could be an ultimate concealer. I've tried Paula Dorf's magic stick in #3, but it didn't match as well as Becca.

I use the regular coverage, the right side for my undereye area since it's more sheer, and dot on the left side extra coverage if I need a little more coverage, because if I use too much, the extra coverage clumps.

I do notice that the concealer seems to blend or sink into my skin after a while, after a few minutes, it's traceless. But I'm not sure if it has that great lasting power-I touch up often. I use my fingers to apply it, so maybe I should be using a brush and using powder to set it.

I must have dropped it on the floor, because my Becca concealer lid has broken off at the hinge and now I have to made do with balancing the mirror on top of the concealer in the palm of my hand.
The rubberized coating seems practical, but it's worn off.

Still, it's the best concealer I've tried so far, and it lasts. I will probably buy a new one.