September 3, 2014 | 1014 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 4:01:00 AM More reviews by enigmaID

I bought this set just for the blush brush, as I managed to buy this for $7 off ebay, rather than $17 in Priceline (we get ripped off on cosmetics in Australia)- expecting to throw the rest out or go to the cosmetic graveyard in the back of my drawer.

However, to my pleasant surprise, I managed to find a good use for all of the brushes- even the lash comb, which seems to be the unloved one in any make up brush set due to its uselessness for its intended purpose (I use it to clean my fine hair comb from dust instead).
Or you could even use part of it as a lip brush to exfoliate, if you wanted another purpose for it.

I've used this set for about a month now, and review brush by brush below.

The blush brush is a dream in softness and fluffiness. It glides across my face instead of attacking my skin with scratchy needle-like fibres. It also is fantastic for heavily pigmented blushes- 2 slight sweeps do it for both cheeks in my case. And these is no shedding at all so far. Not in wash or in use. The set is worth it JUST FOR THIS BRUSH.

The concealer brush- it conceals. Softly, without packing on so much product like it could eat it and it was starving. Nice to get into corners and edges of the eye area which my finger cannot fully reach.

Eye shadow brush- good for patting on eyeshadow. I say patting as sweeping does not deposit much colour for me.

The brush roll- I haven't used it yet. I'm not going anywhere with these, as I have a set of travel brushes for the very purpose of traveling. So, it's dead to me unless I can find another purpose for it.

Overall, I say try them. It's cheap and you're hurting no-one. Especially not the environment due to it's eco- friendly credentials.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this set! All the brushes are really soft and picks up pigments well. To be honest I usually only use the concealer and blush brushes and they work pretty well. Also, for a 6 piece brush set it's fairly priced and love how it's eco-friendly too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by rshim09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awesome set. The only reason I bought this set was because I wanted the eyeliner brush and they didn't sell it individually in the stores here so I just bought the set. And I'm glad I did because I love every brush included in the set. I reach for these brush more than any others I own.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by mialovecupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got the set with the kabuki, concealer brush, blending brush, powder brush and little bag; then I got the foundation brush separately. These are definitely my favourite brushes. They are SO soft and dense, and best of all - cruelty-free.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by heathbo9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Most amazing brushes. So soft on the face, cruelty free, they are made from synthetic hair but it actually feels really soft and it picks up product like real hair would. Best part is, they are less than half the cost of a MAC brush (for a whole 5 pack of them) and they work BETTER!! I definitely recommend these. holy grail brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by BoxOfRocks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very nice set of brushes! I am quite satisfied. Bristles are soft and don't shed, the handles are the perfect length to avoid awkward maneuvering, and this kit is nicely versatile in its offerings. I prefer storing the brushes in the vinyl bag rather than the fabric roll, because the roll will get dirty from the residue from the brushes. The bag does as well, but it's easier to clean.

The one complaint I have is that I'm not a fan of the concealer brush. When I apply on concealer with it (Maybelline's Cover Stick), the product doesn't blend--I still see slight bristle marks on my skin. I use the concealer brush as a second eyeshadow brush, particularly with neutral base shades applied to larger swaths of the eyelid.

The eyeliner brush is great. I wet the brush and dip it in eyeshadow as a substitute for eyeliner. Very precise.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by AyameAngel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The brushes are so soft, and they do really well with picking up and applying the product, but they are a pain to wash and take a long time to dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by fashionmaven93

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I rated this set by piece (essentially one star per piece).

Blush brush: It's a bit dense for me to use as a blush brush so I use it as a powder brush.

Eyeshadow brush: Perfect for a quick wash of color across the lid.

Concealer: Works great for applying undereye concealer.

Angled liner: works well for filling in brows and great for eyeliner, too.

Lash/Brow: I found the lash side somewhat useless but the brow side worked okay.

Brush roll: Stashes the brushes neatly and makes for great presentation.

Dry quickly when deep cleaned and recover their shape, too.

I would (and have as gifts) repurchase this set of soft, cruelty-free, eco-friendly brushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by estheticianjill

This is nothing negative to say about the Ecotool set. I use dermminerals and achieve flawless perfection with the face brush. There is no shedding and it picks up the right amount of product. Made with study materials, I see this set lasting a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Loopachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like the bamboo square thing these came in - I keep a couple of other brushes there, too.

One thing I noticed is that these brushes (esp. the blush brush) are super, super soft. I don't get a lot of fallout either. I mostly use the eyeliner for filling brows and the concealer for applying mineral makeup as concealer, but the rest of the brushes in the kit are good quality as well.