Cover Girl CG Smoothers Concealer

3.7

Squalane, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Triisocetyl Citrate, Trimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Ozokerite, Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, C10 18 Triglycerides, Propylparaben, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain ( /-): Mica 6/2/09

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this concealer last weekend and so far, this is the best concealer I've used yet. It matches my skin tone perfectly, it blends well, and the coverage is good. I also like that it's a stick concealer. I like stick concealers better than liquid because the stick ones match my skin tone better, work better at covering imperfections, and you can see exactly how much product is left. This was about a dollar more than the liquid concealers, but it was worth it. I will definitely repurchase this.

UPDATE 9/22/10: After using this for about a month, I don't like it as much. It tends to get cakey if you apply too much and it creases. I've reduced the overall rating from a 4 to a 3 and I will probably use the rest of the tube, but I don't plan on repurchasing this.

on 8/26/2010 12:46:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Lightest shade was too orange for my porcelain skin! Strange! If it would have my color everything else about it is good.

on 8/25/2010 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i have under eye circles and decided to try this out. it is easy to apply and does cover well, But it creases and wears off throughout the day so at the end of the day all im left with is creased concealer. whenever i smile or laugh mye yes crinkle and the concealer heads straight into that cranny. im going to buy a new concealer because this just doesnt cut it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
-creamy
-high pigmentation, covers small moles and pimples
-cheap

Cons:
-staying power
-HARD TO BLEND

Bottom line: This isn't too bad; it has good pigmentation and covers up a LOT. However, it's really hard to blend in and looks FAR from natural. It's really obvious I'm wearing concealer with this on. Still on the lookout for a good concealer that covers up AND looks natural!

*Tip: use a brush when applying this. IMPOSSIBLE otherwise. At least for me. (:

on 8/4/2010 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Pros: creamy, doesn't cake, nice to have a lipstick type tube
Cons: the light color has a bit too much pink for my skin color, the coverage is on the sheer side (it's gone almost as soon as I apply it).

on 7/22/2010 7:17:00 PM

Like most reviewers mentioned, this product is super cakey :(. I also just don't like the color, maybe it's just me, but the tone is kind of cold and grey ish :/. It conceals, but looks unnatural on my skin because it is gives off that unhealthy grey ish tone. You definitely need some kind of powder or foundation to cover over this cakey concealer (and there still will be a high chance the cakey-ness wills till be there). I BET ON MY BUTT that there is a concealer in this world that is better than this one. :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have dark circles from my sleepless nights due to school and i use this concealer and top it off with powder and it does a great job covering everything up.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i love how creamy this is...

on 7/19/2010 7:28:00 PM

I like this product but not enough to buy it again. The cons of the product when i used it was that it was sort of hard to blend and caked if you applied it over what you have already applied. Other then that its good and covered alot:D they do not have much of a selection for skin colors , so when i bought this it was a little to bright for my skin , but now it maches . it is really cakey at first so i had took a dampish towl and patted to make it look less cakey .

on 7/19/2010 3:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It glided on smoothly, however it was hard to blend and did not have much coverage at all. If you put on a little more, it'll look cakey and again, even more hard to blend.

Video Reviews & Tutorials