September 16, 2014 | 1817 users online

Cleansers - Dr. Hauschka - Cleansing Milk

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2007 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Idanics

I got this to use as a makeup remover and this completely dried out my skin even though I have oily skin and this product is meant for dry/sensitive skin types. Did not remove makeup and made me more congested.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2007 1:45:00 PM More reviews by slindsey001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have always been against cleansing milk because I have yet to find one that actually cleanses and refreshes.....and this one did! I am amazed how good this works, I generally use gel cleansers. However, I rarely use makeup (foundation or powder) on my face, so those of you that wear lots of makeup may need something to cleanse a little more? I did use powder once and when I washed my face, it washed it very good without leaving a residue. This product cleanses very well without over drying and my skin feels very soft and clean. I alternate between this a few times a week and a gel cleanser. My face gets too use to a product, so I like to switch. I would recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2006 11:20:00 AM More reviews by jhr48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love how natural Dr. Hauschka's products are. I love the way they smell. However, as I'm on my third bottle of this, it'll be my last. It just doesn't clean. My face feels silky smooth after using it, but one day last week I used a washcloth with some gentle soap and discovered, much to my chagrin, that an awful lot of makeup came off (in the morning, after both my evening cleansing and morning one). So, I stopped using the Cleansing Milk and have switched to a gentle soap and extra moisterizers; my skin looks so much better!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2006 3:13:00 AM More reviews by NATBEAUT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best cleanser I've ever tried. I used to find that it didn't remove makeup, but i realised now that it requires a special method to cleanse the skin of makeup and impurities thoroughly and very gently. It is very soothing. I learnt how to cleanse with this cleanser after looking at several youtube references.
First I fill a basin with warm water mixed with some lavender bath, then soak 2 cotton pads in the water and squeeze out the excess. I put a pump of cleansing milk on the pads and distribute it evenly on the 2 pads, place the pads on my closed eyes and relax for few seconds. Gently remove the eye makeup with downwards sweeping movements , then gently swipe loosened makeup under the eye from outside in. Eye makeup readily dissolves in this cleanser. Next i do the same with to remove lipstick.
Then with I wet my face with warm water, and pump 4-5 pumps of cleanser on my wet palm, add bit of water and rub palms together, then i distribute cleanser evenly all over my face. I start to carefully work cleanser into my face to remove makeup and impurities. Adding bit more water to my palms, i press and roll my palms all over my face to gently dislodge impurities.
Finally I remove the cleanser with a washcloth soaked in warm water then squeezed out the excess. i place the washcloth on my face and gently dab away the cleanser, gently wiping in tiny strokes from centre of the face out.
I do few final rinses with warm water and continue with the cleansing cream.
My skin always feel very soft , smooth and soothed.
Although this is my favourite cleanser, the price of this product is scary high. I will switch to a cheaper product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2006 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Faster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after seeing how good a friends skin looked due to using it in tandem with the toner. I have borderline dry/combination skin. It feels nice & is a product of good quality - but dried my skin out & made it blotchy and also feel tight in places. It doesnt really clean off your skin - but seems to still be harsh-ish. I wont use it again. Also i dropped the bottle on the bathroom floor (tiled) and it smashed into lots of tiny pieces - so be careful.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2006 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Srptskrts

Dr. Hauschka's Cleansing Milk is very moisturizing, so much so that I actually didn't have to use a moisturizer at night as Dr. Hauschka recommends. Aside from the moisture, this cleanser was not skin-altering enough to justify its expense, so my search for the HG continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2006 1:24:00 PM More reviews by audreyb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore Dr. Hauschka's Cleaning Milk, as it cleanses my skin without making it feel tight and itchy afterward. My skin is dry on cheeks/undereyes/forehead. It's also sensitive/reactive, and rosacea-prone. I think this Cleansing Milk would be great for skin of any type, as it balances the skin instead of stripping it of its natural oils. It does a good job of taking off mascara, and doesn't sting the eyes. (I wouldn't know of its ability to take off foundation, since I don't wear any.) I use my fingers for cleansing, instead of a washcloth, since my skin tends to react to everything, even laundry detergents and dryer sheets. This Cleansing Milk (along with Dr. H's other products in my regimen), takes all the credit for my blemish-free skin. My pores look tighter, and my skin looks more evenly-toned. I get comments on how great my skin looks. I've been using Dr. H for over a year. When I recently tried to switch to a cheaper cleanser for sensitive skin, my skin immediately went haywire. I went back to the Cleansing Milk and my skin cleared up within days. Dr H's products are less expensive if you buy them on Ebay, direct from Germany. I love that they are natural, plant-based, and free of a lot of the chemicals that you see in other lines, both from department stores and drugstores. The glass container is a bit of a pain for travel, but that is a minor complaint, and doesn't dissuade me from using this product. Oh, and the scent is lovely!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2006 4:06:00 PM More reviews by MellyHelly

Goddess, this is e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e, but worth every cent of euro - haha!
It's cheaper in Germany, but not in Italy and not easy to find in stores.
I really like this cleansing milk, even if I don't usually go for that kind of cleanser because I have combo skin and gels give me a cleaner non-greasy squeaky effect.
This milk is different and it's higly effective when used as advised by Dr.Haushcka.
It perfectly removes makeup if you spread and massage it on face then wipe away with a dump sponge and rinse with clear water. It works for eyes, too, but it may sting as it contains alcool.
The skin feels clean, soft, balanced and all you need for nightcare is their toner!
At the beginning it sounds a little freaky to skip a night cream, especially if your skin is not oily. Mine is fair with ivory undertones NC20, combo/sensitive with little blemishes and tiny blackheads, prone to redness on cheeks and starting to ageing :-(
Milk + toner provide a moisture base for night without any cream need.
You just have to get used to it. It works for me, hope I won't regret this choice later.
I love the philosophy behind this kind of olistic products that are ecological both for environment and your skin!
I had bad reaction for years with normal advised cosmetics, liking best Lancome and Clarins among others.
I never had a rush or itching or red patches since I use brandmarks like Dr.Hauschka, Lavera or Weleda, Dr.Hauschka being the milder for combination skin treatment.
Now I won't go back to commercial and industrial cosmetics.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2006 9:51:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

UPDATE October 2006: Breakout didn't go away until I started back on Neostrata. Therefore I won't buy this again as there are better, cheaper cleansers out there that are just as organic.

The first thing that struck me about the Cleansing Milk was that it smells almost exactly like Weleda's Wild Rose Cleanser: very herby/floral; a nice scent but some might find it too cloying. I use 1-2 pumps most mornings and evenings to cleanse my combination skin (despite what Dr H recommends for combo skin I have found that using this more often than the Cleansing Cream works well) and I've found that it does clean off makeup effectively, although if you like to slap it on you might find it's less effective. If I have any clean face washers I remove all trraces of the cleanser with one, otherwise I just rinse my face really well under the shower, and it leaves my face soft and smooth. It's kind of pricey though, even when buying over the net with a discount, but no more than I would have considered spending on an equivalent cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2006 3:33:00 AM More reviews by betises_lau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This leaves my thin, dry and sensitive skin so soft and clean!!! Its texture is hard to define lightweight yet dense (you can truly smell the vegetal active ingredients in there, plus a hint of alcohol), and definitely leaves your skin replenished.

As to its use, please bear in mind this cleansing milk is not a normal cleansing milk. You are supposed to dab it on your wet face, then do the press and roll movement, and finally rinse away with a damp cloth. I am pretty sure anyone skipping the rinse-off will end up with clogged pores. I was very reluctant to doing it, but it has not dried my skin at all, though it is very dry in that area and has fine lines. The milk can also be applied on a damp makeup pad to remove eye makeup. This works wonders and has not caused me any irritations or allergies (I am blue-eyed and wear contact lenses, a pretty sensitive environment).

As to packaging, I give it 5 stars. I love the glass pump dispenser: it is ECOLOGICAL, and protects the product from air damage. Not ideal to travel, but I can live with that.

As to its effects, no critics at all, my skin is clean, healthy,and I know I am not putting any dodgy chemicals on my face, while ecouraging an ecological company that plans every manufacturing step to respect the earth. Coupled with the full method (cleansing cream, lotion, moisturising milk and the occasional steam bath and mask), a perfect way to take care of your face.

This milk costs me 12 US$ bought online in Germany, making it a very affordable cosmetic line for anyone living in Europe.