Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Milk

3.8

Water/Aqua, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Glycerin, Fermented Grain Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bentonite, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol 5/29/09

My favorite and only cleanser. I tried this product (along with their Moisturizing Day Cream) about eight years ago when my skin was oilier and was not impressed, but now, at 49, I would use no other cleanser. It goes on silky smooth, and I LOVE the fragrance. It leaves my skin smooth and velvety, is not at all irritating, and has really helped to balance my mature combination skin. I get compliments all the time on my complexion and I don't wear foundation. The fact that it is made of natural plant products and contains no harmful chemicals is very important to me. While I know that a glass bottle is better for the environment, I was very disappointed when I once dropped a brand new bottle of this stuff on a tile floor and it broke. This cleanser isn't cheap, and I was horribly upset to lose a nearly full bottle of this magic stuff.

on 7/20/2007 11:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I said yes on buying again but it is really a maybe. I got a sample kit from Dr. H to try. Two cleansers (cream and milk), a toner, 3 moisturizing creams (gentle, rose and quince).

After trying and not liking the cleansing cream, I have moved on to the cleansing milk. I like this much better. It smells great and cleanses well but I pre cleaned my eye makeup with my DHC Whip Oil - not sure how it does on eye makeup. It felt nice, rinsed clean and left a soft feeling face but I felt like I needed some moisturizer. This goes against what they say you should do on their program. They want you to moisturize in the am not pm. But I felt I needed it. I did once side with squalane and the other side with the quince day cream. Woke up feeling fine - with no discernible difference between either side. Did the same routine tonight - will see about tomorrow. I like this milk just fine - just not sure if it is the HG cleanser.

Do like the Quince Day Cream.

Not crazy about the toner.

on 5/18/2007 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't LOVE this product, but i do like it. I like the smell (orange flower) and the bottle (fits in my cupboard). It removes my makeup nicely without me having to use a toner. It isn't as hydrating as I would like though. But I might buy it again.

on 5/7/2007 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a very gentle cleansing milk that didn't dehydrate my skin at all. However it was not at all satisfying as a makeup remover. The bottle is in glass and I was afraid to drop it. Overall a good cleanser, but not for makeup. Good for sensitive and dry skin and it smells good too.

on 4/10/2007 7:02:00 PM

I bought a sample size bottle and it was more than half empty. I called the store and they measured the weight of the samples and realized that many are missing the product. So be aware. BTW the product is not on the shelves and there is no way the customers can steel it. Store manager is sure it came that way from Dr Hauschka.
Regarding the product, I didnít like it at all. It leaves my skin oily and caused a breakout after the very first cleaning. I tried few more times and it just got worse. I ended up with small red bumps all over my forehead.
I have feeling that my skin is not clean and my pores clogged.
Itís to expensive and a big disappointment.

on 3/26/2007 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm in my mid-30's now and I had a really nasty case of something dry/sensitive going on. I was using a "mild" cleansing gel by another brand and it made my skin so dry that it was flaking and blotchy red. After 5 days of using Dr. Hauschka's Cleansing Milk, my skin has completely transformed. It feels like velvet. I'm also using the facial toner and I agree with previous posts, a cream is not needed afterward. Any oily-ish residue that's left behind after the cleanser is washed off is whisked away clean with the toner, without drying. Now my dry patches are gone and so is the redness. My makeup goes on so smooth and even now that it almost seems a waste to use makeup (dang those nasty under-eye circles though...ugh)!

on 2/24/2007 2:23:00 PM

I got this to use as a makeup remover and this completely dried out my skin even though I have oily skin and this product is meant for dry/sensitive skin types. Did not remove makeup and made me more congested.

on 1/18/2007 1:45:00 PM

I have always been against cleansing milk because I have yet to find one that actually cleanses and refreshes.....and this one did! I am amazed how good this works, I generally use gel cleansers. However, I rarely use makeup (foundation or powder) on my face, so those of you that wear lots of makeup may need something to cleanse a little more? I did use powder once and when I washed my face, it washed it very good without leaving a residue. This product cleanses very well without over drying and my skin feels very soft and clean. I alternate between this a few times a week and a gel cleanser. My face gets too use to a product, so I like to switch. I would recommend this product.

on 11/29/2006 11:20:00 AM

I love how natural Dr. Hauschka's products are. I love the way they smell. However, as I'm on my third bottle of this, it'll be my last. It just doesn't clean. My face feels silky smooth after using it, but one day last week I used a washcloth with some gentle soap and discovered, much to my chagrin, that an awful lot of makeup came off (in the morning, after both my evening cleansing and morning one). So, I stopped using the Cleansing Milk and have switched to a gentle soap and extra moisterizers; my skin looks so much better!

on 11/23/2006 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the best cleanser I've ever tried. I used to find that it didn't remove makeup, but i realised now that it requires a special method to cleanse the skin of makeup and impurities thoroughly and very gently. It is very soothing. I learnt how to cleanse with this cleanser after looking at several youtube references.
First I fill a basin with warm water mixed with some lavender bath, then soak 2 cotton pads in the water and squeeze out the excess. I put a pump of cleansing milk on the pads and distribute it evenly on the 2 pads, place the pads on my closed eyes and relax for few seconds. Gently remove the eye makeup with downwards sweeping movements , then gently swipe loosened makeup under the eye from outside in. Eye makeup readily dissolves in this cleanser. Next i do the same with to remove lipstick.
Then with I wet my face with warm water, and pump 4-5 pumps of cleanser on my wet palm, add bit of water and rub palms together, then i distribute cleanser evenly all over my face. I start to carefully work cleanser into my face to remove makeup and impurities. Adding bit more water to my palms, i press and roll my palms all over my face to gently dislodge impurities.
Finally I remove the cleanser with a washcloth soaked in warm water then squeezed out the excess. i place the washcloth on my face and gently dab away the cleanser, gently wiping in tiny strokes from centre of the face out.
I do few final rinses with warm water and continue with the cleansing cream.
My skin always feel very soft , smooth and soothed.
Although this is my favourite cleanser, the price of this product is scary high. I will switch to a cheaper product.