October 25, 2014 | 1528 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by sandyatthebeach1

Such a great product- way better than a loofah! It's actually sort of like an unraveled loofah sheet, and because of that, it's so much better than a loofah at getting everywhere clean. I can bunch it up and use it to scrub my arms and legs, and then hold onto it on both ends and use it to clean my back. It actually really helped me fade my bacne scars, haha, since it got at at the previously inaccessible back area. Not only that, it leaves your skin extremely soft and I can tell my skin absorbs lotion so much better. It prevents ingrown hairs, too, because it exfoliates so well. It also lathers up realllly well- you don't need to use a lot of product (soap, body wash, whatever) to get a really good lather. Also, it's super cheap and easy to find at any Asian grocery store/drug store. You can get it off Amazon or something, too. I've been using these for at least a year now, and I suggest buying a few, since they do fray over time and you probably want to change them every few months just for sanitary reasons.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 2:49:00 AM More reviews by swethatelkar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Love these bath towels, they exfoliate perfectly and the skin feels super soft after shower and the moisturizer sinks into the skin right away. My skin was getting dry and flaky at the tip of my nose and no amount of cream would help including coconut oil. Just out of curiosity, I lightly scrubbed my face with it and it totally got rid of dead skin and my skin looked glowing. However, I don't use it every day as it would be too much of exfoliation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by 2010

Love these. Bought this at the suggestion of MUA and as usual, MUA didn't let me down. Leaves my skin super soft after I shower and helps my ingrown hairs. Will definitely purchase again in the future:)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by mariaeh

I have been using exfoliating gloves from The Body Shop for at least 20 years. I saw the reviews on MakeupAlley and thought okay I will give them a chance so I ordered them from an online site it was 4 cloths for $20. I have been using the Salux clothes for about a week and I can honestly say it has made a huge difference in my skin. I love the fact the cloths are long enough that you can scrub your back which has always been issue for me. I feel I neglect my back :)

Also you do not need to use a lot of product the Salux cloths foam up nicely with a little amount of soap. My skin is so soft combined with Neostrata Body Lotion and or Curel Body Lotion - its an unbelievable change. I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by LadyMidnight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As amazing as people say. You can buy it direct from the company or on ebay for a few cents cheaper. AMAZING for keratosis pilaris and the cloth stays clean. I love using this with Dr. Bronner's almond liquid soap.

Protip: if you find it too scratchy, try folding the cloth in the shower instead of using it bunched up like a poof. If the surface is flat, it's less irritating.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Since this Salux towel is on the MUA’s “MUA Top Picks” page a couple of years ago, I tracked it down in the local Asian stores in DC metro area but could not find one. So I ordered one from Amazon.com and received fake Chinese towel. I complained to Amazon and they refunded the full $ and let me keep that Chinese towel. Some reasons, I did not throw away it and took it when I traveled to California last year. I could not take shower without a pouf mash sponge since I became adult (stocked up at Bath & Body Works’ semi-annual sales with ~ $2) it takes time to dry off when I travel. That Chinese towel dried off in ~ 10 min, which is about the time I spent for dressing up after shower. Anyway, I looked for authentic Japanese Salux at stores in San Jose’s Japantown. I did not find one so I bought some Korean made towels (not as good as Chinese towel) from Daiso (kind of Dollar store for Japanese products in CA). Finally, on my second trip to California in this spring, I found these Salux towels at "Marina" grocery from Union City. It is a Japanese grocery store (it also had very good Japanese sesame dressing!). I paid $4 each and bought every color from the shelf. So I finally compared it to fake Chinese towel from Amazon and actually, the fake one is not that bad. It is thinner than Salux and less rough in texture. I can’t use Salux daily in the shower as it is quite rough for my *thin* skin :). I used about 3 times a week. I also used on my face when I wore MU. I used regular face cleaner; usually L’Oreal gel and it deep cleans my long wearing MU without a trace. Of course, I rubbed gently on the face and I like it better than St. Ive’s Apricot face scrub. I rinse it well after each use and when I used on the face, I used it before the rest of the body. I also dropped it in the washer weekly and so far, so strong and I have happy face and healthy skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 5:01:00 AM More reviews by jenny90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this from my local 2 dollar shop in New Zealand. So cheap. A little stiff and rough at first but only after a few times it gets much softer. A nice size to reach your back too. I no longer get scaly looking legs and my whole body is so much softer. I wouldn't recommend using this on your face, I think it's too abrasive. I've had this for a couple of months and it's still going strong. Would repurchase and recommend to people who don't have super sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by kushiez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been one of the best product recommendations I have gotten from MUA. I love how easy it is to use and how wonderfully exfoliating it is on your body. I have heard of people using this on their face, however I would caution against that unless you have skin of steel. Its super hygenic also; you can stick it in the washing machine once in a while with some bleach and bam! Good as new.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 8:13:00 AM More reviews by 1Bruce1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'll never use a pouf again. I stock up on these off eBay. I do wonder how often you should replace though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 4:10:00 AM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I ordered these cloths form the Salux distributor here in California, and received them so quickly. I had my doubt given that I've been a "scrubber" my whole life, but WOW BABY!, these things do feel like 10 million microscopic elves exfoliating and massaging your body at once!
I've been careful not to over-use (although the temptation is difficult), as I am concerned about being over-doing and creating a nightmare on my already over-sensitive skin. I think I'll just need to work up to more scrubbings. I've ordered more for friends and family, as I am sure that they will love the experience.
Please make sure that you go to the manufacturer's web site and order, and please do not be over-zealous in your scrubbing. I think that most of you ladies will love these!
Thank you, Makeupalley gals!

UPDATE: I am still using these, but only once per week. Perfect! It is the most amazing sensual experience! Nothing like it.

2nd UPDATE: Status quo--these are still great, just make sure that you do not over-use. I am still at once weekly.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No