Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

3.9

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: titanium dioxide 13.00% [] octinoxate 2.00% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: talc [] dimethicone [] nylon-12 [] silica [] squalane [] boron nitride [] vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer [] cetyl caprylate [] diisostearyl malate [] phytosteryl/isostearyl/cetyl/stearyl/behenyl dimer dilinoleate [] methicone [] aluminum hydroxide [] glycerin [] sodium hyaluronate [] magnesium palmitoyl glutamate [] sodium palmitoyl sarcosinate [] palmitoyl proline [] alumina [] tocopherol [] palmitic acid [] 1,2-hexanediol [] ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate [] tin oxide [] sodium dehydroacetate [] [ /- iron oxides (ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491) [] mica [] titanium dioxide (ci 77891)]

on 7/10/2011 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this powder! I have it in Neutral Fair, and it matches my light skin perfectly! I wear this very sparingly over my Lancome Teint Miracle liquid foundation as I love how it gives me a polished finish. I like that it gives a tad more coverage to my foundation without being cakey and masky...in my opinion this powder is perfect as a setting/touch-up powder, but only if used sparingly. I have found that I prefer to put it on with a big fluffy powder brush, as it helps it to go on more smoothly. I will use this powder alone sometimes if I am not wanting to wear much makeup, but prefer it over a foundation because it does not give the coverage that I prefer if worn alone. All in all, a very good quality powder that works great over a foundation as well as alone. I have combo/oily skin and have not had any issues with breakouts from this. A great product, in my opinion!!

on 6/29/2011 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Almost Powder is almost perfect. I really liked this powder at first because it seemed to give me good coverage and lasted through most of the day. What I didn't like was that I went through it very quickly. I only used a powder brush to apply, but in about 4 months I needed another one. I realized that it only contains .35 oz of product. Years ago I used Lancome's Dual Finish, and I loved it, but I thought it was too expensive. I revisited the Dual Finish and yes, it is more expensive, but it contains .67 oz of product, so the Lancome is actually cheaper and offers better coverage.

Alll in all, this is a decent powder foundation, but I won't be repurchasing anytime soon.

on 6/15/2011 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this based on rave reviews here. This broke me out pretty bad. I must have really sensitive skin.

on 5/25/2011 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

After reading lots of good reviews I wanted to try this makeup because I’m always on the quest for the perfect powder makeup. I have bought this in Neutral Fair and I have to say that it matches my skin tone perfectly. So good, that when I apply it I can’t see the difference between my skin and the powder. The only thing I see it that my skin becomes even, bright and flawless. The first result is slightly matt and “powdery”, which I really like especially in the t-zone, but after a while, as soon it starts to melt with my skin, it becomes almost dewy like with a liquid make up.

The coverage is light-medium but buildable, depending on how much you apply. The first time I made the mistake to apply lots of the powder with a big brush at once. The result was cakey and it started to itch around my nose. Then I learned to apply it like mineral makeup, starting with few amounts using a kabuki brush and adding some more where more coverage was needed. The secret for a natural look is: use less and BLEND, BLEND, BLEND. It has to really melt on or in your skin. I use circular movements like old fashioned shaving brushing (I remember my father doing that :-).

It is not long lasting and I need to blot my nose after some hours. If I want the flawless look back, I just sweep a bit with the tiny brush on my t-zone. It doesn’t oxidize and doesn’t change colour. I have used it on long haul flights of over 30 hours and so far it was the only makeup that always looked impeccable and was extremely easy to remove and to apply again wherever I was.

I have also to say that I love the new compact as it is really small and handy so that I can carry it with me and use it whenever I want. Also the tiny brush inside is very good for touch ups or for the final powder finish. Only for the full makeup effect I would recommend a kabuki brush.

It is also a good base for eye’s makeup making it long lasting. Only thing is that the blush I used to use doesn’t show off or disappears quickly on this makeup and I have to reapply it often or to use a stronger colour. But the effect is always very natural.

UPDATE: I have seen that this is not so long lasting and I have to apply tons of it in order to last. I still love the flawless finish but is it better over a liquid foundation.

on 5/21/2011 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I have mixed feelings about this powder!

Pros:
The color nr 1 is a perfect match for my fair skin...
This does not break me out....EDIT: THIS MADE ME BREAK OUT SO BAD IM STILL RECOVERING!!!
My skin looks smooth and the powder doesnt feel heavy...
It melts on my skin after some time and makes it look natural...
I always get compliments on my skin when I use this powder!

Cons:
It seems to melt off my oily skin somehow...
It caked around my nose and lips (I was using MAC SF Concealer)
Doesn't control oil

So I really don't know about this one!

EDIT: I loved this powder to begin with. I used it everyday and then I started to get really DEEP acne on my chins and it didnt start to recover until I stopped wearing this. Im still recovering and my face is not the same. I keep this now in my car ICE and I had to use it the other day and it looked so white and ashy that people thought I was sick......... I am so surpriced other people here arent talking about breakouts?

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

i really like this powder because its so easy to pick up product with my makeup brush and its so easy to apply! i have this color in 'deep' and although it looks dark in the pan, its actually not that dark when you put it on your face. FYI for clinique's stay matte powder i use 'stay golden'. the coverage is good and it makes my skin tone even and it has spf! will definitely repurchase

on 4/15/2011 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This was AWFUL!! I was matched to the color "deep." It is so weird because that color was too dark, yet greyish at the same time!! I immediately washed it off, so I do not know what affect it can have on very acne prone and sensitive skin like mine. Just steer clear of this!! If you absolutely must have a clinique powder, try the stay-matte, it wasn't good enough for me but it was a heck of a lot better in terms of color matching than this crap!!

on 4/14/2011 11:04:00 PM

For the past few years (since having my first child and now two years post-preg), my skin has been sooooo finicky. I've been acne-prone for years, but never overly-sensitive. Well, I'm definitely in the realm of having very sensitive skin these days. Because of that, I've reseated my mom as "Return Queen"... nothing I try ever works. That was the case with makeup until I found this powder. Amazing... it has incredible coverage, doesn't irritate, and keeps me looking great for nearly 8 hours without blotting/retouching. I apply by patting my Ecotools retractable kabuki into the powder, then lightly pat it all over my face one section at a time (swiping more powder as needed). For blemishes and red spots, I apply a little more just on the spot w/ an old MAC eyeliner brush. I've hit pan and repurchased a few times which is unheard of for me! Good stuff! (I use the lightest shade offered)
UPDATE 9/2011: Still love this! :-D Never causes irritation or issues.
UPDATE 3/21/12: Still going strong with this little gem!

on 4/5/2011 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I typically use Clinique's Stay Matte powder, but wanted to see if this had more staying power (it doesn't). I prefer Stay Matte's color range, so I'll return to that after I use this up.
Pros: SPF 15, oil free, light weight
Cons: It smells strange (all Clinique products are fragrance free), fewer color choices than Stay Matte, after time you have to scrape the top layer of product off to reveal usable powder.

on 3/25/2011 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have a lot of redness in my cheeks due to rosacea and this really does a great job of keeping it covered without feeling like I have too much makeup on. Also has not broken me out at all and I feel like my skin is less angry since I have been using it. I previously had been using Studio Fix for years. I thought I loved it, but this is far more natural looking. When I started using the Clinique I had several people tell me that my skin looked good, including my husband. I even had a woman whom I see pretty regularly in a local store ask me if I had changed my makeup and told me that I looked really good. While I was happy for the compliment, couldn't help but wonder how bad I had been looking prior to this makeup. I took it as a sign that I should stick with it. I also appreciate that Clinique's compacts are very sturdy, cheap packaging is such a pet peeve of mine.