Rimmel Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

3.0

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Propylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Talc, Dimethicone PEG 10/15 Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Lauryl PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lecithin, Fragrance, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Methylparaben, Gossypium Herbaceum Powder (Cotton), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Silica, Dipropylene Glycol, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geraniol, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

on 2/8/2012 1:22:00 PM

So I bought this when I was planning on buying another bottle of MUA foundation primer, and me being me, I bought it under the logic of more expensive= better product.

Well. Stupid me eh?

I've used it for four days now, and I am highly disappointed. It claims to smooth, resurface, brighten, mattify, and protect. The only thing I've really noticed is the mattify, because it drains all of the oil out of my skin where it doesn't need draining, especially under the eyes, whilst leaving my t-zone oily as ever. And after using this product under my foundation, I realised that I had fine lines in my forehead, it made my foundation sink in like hell!

Long story short, if you're looking for a primer, try Make Up Academy's primer. It's only £4 and works a lot better than this one!

on 2/5/2012 10:34:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

The orange shade of this product did NOT turn transparent. The smell was a turnoff for me. Found the Fix and Perfect Pro which IS transparent and better for me. I rate it a 4 as I still have oily breakthrough. Better than without, however.

on 1/5/2012 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I had heard A LOT about primers, so i just HAD to see what the craze was about!

primers claimed to do a lot of things- minimise pores, soften skin, cover blemishes, even out skin tone...so naturally i thought it might be a marketing scam!

i hadn't had much time to research primers and the only one i had heard of was Rimmel Fix & Perfect. I tested it on my hand in the store and after a minute my hand was as soft as a babies bottom!! i could NOT believe it! I then decided primers must be amazing, not a marketing scam so i was itching to buy one! i ended up just buying this one as when i tested out a few others in the same way(covergirl/olay, australis, neutrogena) this one worked out the best.

This primer DOES do all the things it claims to, although I was somewhat disappointed, as it didn't soften my face as much as it did to my hand. (I actually found out a week later that you are meant to PAT primers in, not RUB it did start to work a LITTLE better after that, but still not as good.)

i would definietely reccomend this primer, but i am sure there are better ones out there! i just hadn't done enough research!

on 12/22/2011 3:05:00 PM

This product is great for oil skin, I am african american and it works well on my complexion as well, this surpasses all other primer's I have used in the past!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I wasn't too impressed with this primer. First of all, the colour really turned me off. It comes out bright orange, and is supposed to turn transparent when rubbed onto your skin. In certain light, I could still see that orangey tinge on my face... very unattractive. It also smelled really bad and just didn't seem to do anything. Definately not my top choice...

on 11/29/2011 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This primer didnt do much for me. I bought the 002 Primer which says it "mattifies" , but i wouldn't say it did for my skin. It is an ok product but I would not repurchase this again. My skin still got oily after a few hours but it did feel smoother.

on 11/17/2011 8:22:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I find this primer to be too creamy for my skin. This is tinted which, while that doesn't seem to be a problem for my medium skin, I can see that being an issue for fair skin. There didn't seem to be any improvement in the staying power of my foundation. I didn't feel this had any benefit to keep using it.

on 11/13/2011 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

My skin gets quite oily sometimes and I just found that this just added to this.
First, let me start with the positives;
I like the smooth clear texture and how it applies and glides easily onto your skin.
I also like how cheap it was and how long it has lasted.
Broke me out quite badly...
Negatives;
Its gets very oily after a few hours of application and the scent is not very nice either.
It was supposed to smooth, resurface, brighten, mattify and protect. These features were the main reason I bought it!
But it didn't do any of these and just made my skin oilslicky and it did NOT prolong my foundation wear, it just melted off me face.
verdict: NOT FOR OILY SKINNED GALLIES LIKE ME.
the product may seem nice and cheap but it wont work for you, sorrry.

it may work for dry skin.. :)

on 11/10/2011 6:30:00 AM

I see that there are a lot of people who didn't care for the product color but when I went to purchase there were two choices. Rimmel fix and perfect in 002 is colorless and odorless as far as I could tell. I use a Foundation brush as suggested by MUA contributors and a dry face when the air is hot and humid and a wet face when it's cool and dry out. Works great to smooth out the skin. You will get a hot flash to the skin as seems to happen with a lot of the primers that smooth the way . In no way do my eyes stream or my skin swell as with other primers I have tried. I finally wised up and bought just this one product to change in my routine and decided to see if sticking to the same product line would make them work well together and it did. My days of " well if I stand on my right leg and put it on with my left hand while whistling Dixie it will work this time " are over. One thing at a time girl , one thing at a time. lol.

on 11/9/2011 7:04:00 PM

I just purchased this yesterday. I had never used a primer before, but, after reading comments and watching on YouTube about this, I decided to try it. I recently bought Bare Minerals Original foundation and noticed it sliding and separating after several hours on my face. Today, I applied the Fix & Perfect before my Bare Minerals and here it is.................. some 11 hours later and my makeup still looks good! Very pleased with this stuff so far, it controlled the oil in my t zone for me, a great deal. The color of this is a peachy, terra cotta shade, BUT, it did NOT leave a hint of that color on my skin, strange as that is. The only shade was 001, cost 7.49 at Walgreens. My first primer ever here at the age of 46. I have fair skin, that is normally dry this time of year and oily in the warmer months. Hope this helps.

Popular Primer/ Correctors