April 18, 2014 | 1476 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Wishbone2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara stays on all day and does not smudge. This is the best mascara for no transfer and smudge free wear. However, it does not do much if you are looking to add thickness. Lengthening, yes, Thickness, not so much.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by shan1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really did not like this mascara. It lengthened nicely but did nothing for volume and it definitely flakes and smudges on me. There are a lot of drugstore mascaras that I have tried that work better, such as last blast and mid-end brands that are way better, such as clinique. I would never buy this product but it was worth a try as a free sample. I am just highly disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by ren_kr

I got this as a free gift and I must be in the minority when I saw I do not like this mascara. It clumps like no other on me (no other mascara has EVER clumped on me - my first clumping experience). However, I do give it props for the pigmented color (very nice dark black), it does not budge or smear at the end of the day, and the packaging is pretty sweet - a dual primer on one end and the mascara wand on the other. I wear this mascara to work when I am too lazy to wear makeup just to emphasize my eyelashes (although I am stuck combing through the suckers every morning to get those clumps out).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by cloudzz

This mascara does exactly what it claims; it lengthens and separates very well. I like the shape of the wand. It is thin and long, very easy to get to all the baby lashes and very good on the bottom lashes. I find it impossible to have clumping with this mascara. It separates every single lash and makes you appear to have more lashes than there actually are.
I would recommend this mascara to anyone who wants length, separation, and natural looking lashes. It is good for work, interviews, and occasions where you want to appear fresh and awake, but not so right-in-your-face with your makeup. However, it's also impossible to build up volume with this mascara, no matter how many coats you apply. I do use another mascara on top when I want to add a little bit of volume.
The only reason that I'm not giving it a five is that it flakes a little. Just a little, but still disappoints me quite a bit because I don't expect high-end mascaras to flake at all. I've rarely had a problem with flaking before so this is quite a surprise. Other than that, I find this mascara living up to its name.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 2:46:00 AM More reviews by kathhh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

HG.

I've tried a lot of mascaras, high end and drug store. I can honestly say this is the best. Packaging is the best (just the right amount of mascara on the brush, distributed evenly and cleanly).

It does not smudge AT ALL.
It does not clump.
It does not flake.
Easy to remove.
It has lengthened my lashes the most dramatically out of all that I've tried.

i've found that if i wait a while (say 2 mins) between primer and mascara application, that gives me the best results.

I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by GirlFromB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good mascara if you're looking for a sophisticated, clean and classic look with stamina (who isn't). This mascara applies easily with a no-fuss brush and stay on all day and night while it removes as easy as a regular one. No extreme length or volume but if that works for you, then this is a decent buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 6:48:00 AM More reviews by JunkieXL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love this! I got this as part as a special travel case, which also included a Signature Lipstick, a blush and four colors of eyeshadow. Fell in love with it from the moment I started using it. We went to Greece and one my concerns is my mascara melting down during warm days. (or hot nights LOL) Especially when clubbing at night, I notice a lot of mascaras just running all over my cheeks. Not this one!
It does as it says: lenghten and separate, without any smudging.
I ended up going to bed without taking off my makeup and when I woke up, all makeup ended up on my pillowcase, except for the mascara.
When I run out, I'll absolutely buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a decent mascara. I discovered it when it came as part of a free gift. It does lengthen and separate well. I say that I won't purchase the product because I don't believe in paying that much for mascara. There are cheaper mascaras out there that are just as good and better. ETA: After many trials, I discovered that this mascara causes my eyes to tear badly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 8:15:00 AM More reviews by annielu1810

this mascara is in my top 5 most favourite of favourite mascaras ever!!!! best length and volume in two coats!!! great seperation too!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2010 8:58:00 AM More reviews by KalmiaB

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried an experiment. I applied this to one eye, and another mascara to the other. Slept in them. Next morning, the Double wear hadn't budged, but the other had flaked down on my skin.

I also like the shape of the brush applicator. It didn't deposit a large glop of mascara. Course, I always remove excess right after application with a clean, dry old mascara wand. I never throw those things out - they're good to tough cleaning jobs too, e.g. between tines of a fork, around the faucets etc.