November 28, 2014 | 1215 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by np_7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara. It gives some volume and it really does make your lashes appear longer. Good staying power, although after a while this makes my lashes clump together and that is not a pretty look at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Greenidgurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this as a free gift for buying so much Estee product. I liked how it made my lashes look but I wasn't crazy about how they felt. It left them stiff and "crunchy". I found that I kept fooling with my lashes with this stuff on. I will not buy it but won't turn it away if it comes with another free gift.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm reluctant to give this mascara a four or a three, because I firmly think this deserves a rating of 3.5. I have never used a mascara as infuriating as this one, because whilst it is perfect beyond belief on my bottom lashes, it has an annoying way of making my upper lashes look thin and spindly. It clumps them together - not making them 'clumpy' as such, but sticking them into long and black spiders' legs. Coupled with the fact this mascara is as black as black could be, it isn't an altogether unattractive look; but it's not perfect. One wants lashes to be lush and thick as well as long. On the bottom lashes, it really lengthens, for the wide-eyed doll look.

Removal is harder than with many other mascaras. Rather than melting off with cleanser, this sheds fibre flakes, and not incredibly easily. You need a good make-up remover.

On the plus side, and the reason I may repurchase, it doesn't smudge, it lasts for hours, and doesn't irritate.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by molnarjam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Finally, I have found a mascara that will not give me raccoon eyes by the end of the day. I've found some that were close, but would still have a little smudging. Not with this one. And I love how it coats my lashes so beautifully. Natural looking, yet still makes a big impact. I prefer bigger brushes, but that is my only con, and I can live with it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by OlgaS77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this mascara as a sample with some purchase. Well, being a bit of a fan of EL products, i was expecting some Wow-effect with this mascara, but it turned to be a quite mediocre mascara. No lengthening effect for me, just clupms on the lashes even with one layer. I must say that eventhose drugstore mascaras i tried (IsaDora, MaxFactro) didn't cause this mess. So...I am surprised and won't buy EL doubleWear mascara in full size.

By the way, it was my second EL mascara, the first one, Sumptuous, didn't impress me either. So my conclusion is that mass market mascaras may give even more effect for less money.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by roseanna1

This is my favorite mascara of all times!

after trying other Estee Lauder products and being quite satisfied, I decided to try this mascara.

It really does not smudge at all - not even after a long day of work. It lengthens as well, not in a an overly dramatic way but perfect for a nice makeup for daily use.

the brush is not the best though, the mascara tends to clump a bit at the tip of the brush, but other than that it does the job perfectly.

a musthave in my makeup pouch!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2010 8:27:00 AM More reviews by eyecandyispretty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

well first up I think I would have given this product 3.5 lippies, as it holds curl extrememly well on my straight asian lashes. So far, it is the only mascara to hold a decent curl for me. My lashes are relatively long, black, but very sparse and thin, and this did nothing for me in terms of thickening. Lengthening was also very minimal. The brush was very easy to use though, and it didn't clump.

Though the curl was good, I don't think I can afford to fork out the money to buy it, I am sure there are other brands that could potentially hold the same curl for a cheaper price :)

If you have straight, thick lashes, you should give this one ago. Also, make sure to curl your lashes before applying :D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Wishbone2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara stays on all day and does not smudge. This is the best mascara for no transfer and smudge free wear. However, it does not do much if you are looking to add thickness. Lengthening, yes, Thickness, not so much.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by shan1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really did not like this mascara. It lengthened nicely but did nothing for volume and it definitely flakes and smudges on me. There are a lot of drugstore mascaras that I have tried that work better, such as last blast and mid-end brands that are way better, such as clinique. I would never buy this product but it was worth a try as a free sample. I am just highly disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by ren_kr

I got this as a free gift and I must be in the minority when I saw I do not like this mascara. It clumps like no other on me (no other mascara has EVER clumped on me - my first clumping experience). However, I do give it props for the pigmented color (very nice dark black), it does not budge or smear at the end of the day, and the packaging is pretty sweet - a dual primer on one end and the mascara wand on the other. I wear this mascara to work when I am too lazy to wear makeup just to emphasize my eyelashes (although I am stuck combing through the suckers every morning to get those clumps out).