Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

3.8

Acrylates Copolymer, Alcohol Denat, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/, Ammonium stearate, Aqua, Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Bentonite, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1, Butylene Glycol, Camelia sinensis, Caprylyl Glycol, Carmine, Cera alba, cera carnauba, Cholesterol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 19140, CI 77288, CI 77492, CI 77499, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, ethylhexyl acrylate crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Hexylene Glycol, hydroxyesters acrylates copolymer, Isostearic Acid, Kaolin, Laureth-20, Macadamia integrifolia, Manganese Violet, Mica, Panthenol, PEG-100 Stearate, phenoxyethanol ()iron oxides (CI77491, Polyaminopropyl biguanide, Polyvinyl acetate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Silica, Simethicone, Stearic Acid, Sucrose Distearate, Titanium Dioxide, Tromethamine, Ultramarines.

on 5/27/2011 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I never strayed from my beloved Lancome Hypnose and Definicils Mascaras until now. I have extremely sensitive eyes and for the past 25 years I also wore contacts so finding non-irritating eye makeup and especially a good mascara which also is easy to remove has been a struggle. Even Clinique mascaras irritate my eyes but both Lancome mascaras never bothered my eyes.
6 weeks ago I got Lasik eye surgery after battling with chronically inflamed eyes for nearly 7 months. It turned out I developed an intolerancy for contacts so I would have never been able to wear contacts again. The procedure went well but I needed to find a water-resistant mascara because I have to use artificial tears for the next few months. Regular waterproof mascaras are difficult to remove and when I read about this EL Mascara (it's a Paula's Pick) I decided to try a sample size tube of it.
So far I like this mascara! It does a good job lengthening and thickening my short, sparse lashes and it doesn't irritate my eyes. The small brush works really well in reaching even the tiniest lashes. No flaking, no smudging, holds well and best of all it's a breeze to remove. It comes off easily by wetting a washcloth (I use a baby muslin cloth) with very warm water, pressing it gently to your eyes for about 20 seconds, and then wipe off. It won't come off using a (waterproof) eye makeup remover or your regular cleanser! Same goes for tubing mascaras and for example Clinique Lash Power Mascara.
After not being able to wear any kind of eye makeup for so many months I'm extremely pleased with this mascara. I even bought a full sized one so now I'm ready to face the world;-) Update: sadly this mascara irritates my eyes after a couple of days wearing it. Back to Lancome mascaras...

on 5/25/2011 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a tube of this in a GWP and it was AWFUL!!! It flaked all day and really irritated my ocular rosacea. Strange part was that at the end of the day when I went to remove it with my Clinique TTDO eyes makeup remover, I could NOT get the stuff off. I then had to use some Mary Kay Creamy Cleanser #2 and a washcloth to remove the rest. My eyes were very irritated by the time I was done. So glad I didn't buy this stuff.

on 4/26/2011 9:06:00 PM

I don't even know if I am talking about the same mascara here as everyone else because this was the worst mascara I have ever tried. It clumps my lashes on contact and did nothing for lengthening or volumizing for that matter. To start, the formula is goopy and the brush does not do it any favors. The product piles onto the brush and transfers onto my lashes with a honey-like consistency. Overall, it just makes my lashes look like a goopy mess and dries them out during the day. I even tried to apply with a light hand and I still get the same clumpy goopy effect. I would not recommend this product to anyone!

on 4/24/2011 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is by far the best mascara I have used for my oily skin/oily eye lids. This stuff does NOT budge until you say so. This lengthens my lashes beautifully and there is no smudging at all. It is a little expensive though and I try to wait until I can get it with a bonus gift. Now, eye makeup remover does not get this mascara off completely. What I do is I use a cotton ball with my makeup remover and after that I use another cotton ball with only warm/hot water on it and it takes the mascara right off. This will continue to be my go to mascara when I need one that will last all day or for a special occasion.

on 4/23/2011 7:45:00 AM

This is the only mascara that I've ever tried which really doesn't smudge! It is also very black and dramatic and volumises well. I have given it 4 stars because it is clumpy and makes my lashes splay out in all directions. I always comb through afterwards but it's still a bit untidy. Otherwise, I will continue to use it just for the staying power.
Edited 7 months later:
I've upgraded to 5 stars. After using it for a month it stopped clumping and went on much more easily. If you wipe the brush before use when it is new it will go on neatly.

This is a great product but for my fine brittle lashes it dries them out unfortunately :( I use this for special occasions when I need something to last a long time without any worries about touch ups.

on 4/10/2011 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

a friend of mine gave me a sample size of this mascara...and frankly this is best mascara i have ever used!!!it is way better than DiorShow.i applyied this first thing in the morning,with one coat i've already had dramatic lashes,and i went to school,when i returned i went straight to bed,and when i woke up the mascara was still there with zero smudging!!!and the funny thing is that you can remove it very easy....your eyes won't hurt from rubbing......5 lippies from me....

on 4/6/2011 6:58:00 PM

I love, love, love this mascara! It lengthens like nothing else, making me look like I'm wearing falsies. It lasts all day and doesn't smudge. I will definitely repurchase this!

on 3/26/2011 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is, together with Clinique Power Lash, my favourite mascara. The good thing in comparison is that this delivers lots of length and volume making my lashes almost unnatural. The not so good thing is that it is not extremely longwearing like Power Lash, that means that when some days my eyes tears or if I cry or swim, this will dissolve much easier (but without smudging, just crumbling off). Otherwise it is also easier to wash off and this is really good as I am always a bit lazy when it comes to remove my makeup. All in all I love it and I will keep repurchasing it and alternate it to Power lash.

on 3/14/2011 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have no problem saying this is a total HG product for me. This came as a GWP product special packaged as a double ended tube, one side is this mascara, the other is the lash primer plus. I use them both together and the results are AMAZING!!! The length it gives is incredible, also it gives great volume too, it's similar to lancome definicils, which is another awesome mascara, I love them both because they both give me long thick falsies-like lashes, but there's pros and cons in both. The major feature of this mascara is its formula, it NEVER smudges, nor does it flake, even on my hooded monolids, i can always count on this for those days when i have night classes/labs or when i know i'm gonna be staying up late. The mascara formula is also unique in which its removal is different than your usual mascara where you take if off with eye makeup remover and a cotton pad, this mascara will never come off with eye makeup remover, which adds to the point that it's 100% smudge proof, it comes off with warm water. It's oil-proof, but not waterproof. If you would just splash water to your eyes and then gently rub the mascara off, you can actually feel it coming off with your fingers. I love the fact that I don't need eye makeup remover to take this off, but it could be an extra step if you have to remove your eye shadow and liner with eye makeup remover and then this with water. One thing I have noticed with this mascara is that sometimes some top lash would stick to my bottom lash, which is quite annoying, and it never happens with lancome definicils, so it must be formula of this mascara. Overall, this is a great great great mascara if you want your lashes to stand out and be the focus of your eye makeup, this will give you bold looking lashes with zero smudge. Totally worth the $$