Smashbox O-GLOSS

3.6

It works perfectly on me and creates a nice light pink hue on my lips...but it's so expensive!

on 4/27/2009 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I didnt buy this but I thought about it...went into sephora and tried it on...I was there for about 45 mins. looked in the mirror before leaving the store..and it made no difference on the color of my lips..this is a rip off...almost $30 on a product that does nothing? come on! good thing I tried it before wasting my DINERO!

on 4/26/2009 2:30:00 AM

I really like this lip gloss! Some people think that this is just a universal sheer pink that looks different on different lip colors, but truly it does change color, but I think that color is dependent on your body heat. But whatever, I don't really care because this color looks great on me! On my lips it turns a really pretty coral pink shade and I love it! The consistency is great, it stays for a long time without being sticky, and it's very moisturizing. The ONLY rerason I give this 4 lippies is because I think it's way too expensive! But I haven't run out, even though I bought this a while back, but I use it sparingly. I'm not sure if I will buy it again because of the price, but as long as I have my tube, I really like this stuff!
:) mo

on 4/26/2009 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE THIS. This is my replacement for 'regular' clear gloss. Why wear clear gloss when you can wear something that will give your lip color oomph.

This is gorgeous in combination with their O-Glow for cheeks, beautiful monochromatic look. Makes me look alive, and it's perfect and quick when running off to work.

The gloss lasts a long time, it's not sticky. The texture is amazing. Moisturizes your lips forever!

on 4/23/2009 4:29:00 PM

On me, it is a pretty pink color. All make up is expensive, so I didn't think about the price. I wanted to try it. I like that the color stays put, so even after a few hours, it gives your lips a nice color. Definetly try it on in the store first, as it can turn a bright pink on some skin tones. Perfect for summer.

A friend of mine introduced me to this product awhile back. It's such a fun concept and the tube is so pretty and pink, I had to have it! Well, when I got it home and started using it for myself I was a bit disappointed. My skin is very fair, so BRIGHT pink lips look a bit unnatural on me. Also, the smell is a little weird. A funny smell on top of the neon pink color is not a winning combination. Needless to say, I will not repurchase.

on 4/14/2009 3:29:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

O-Gloss!! OH NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!!! I got a sample of this, hence the dirt cheap price rating. I decided to give this a try, despite negative reviews.....OMG! I am so, so, so, so, so glad it was sample. At first my lips were a pretty pink, not so bad, but the longer it was on the worse it got until my lips were a bright shade of FUSCHIA!!! This is a horrible, horrible concept of a product (almost as bad a press on eyeshadow). This does NOT fit all skin tones, and types, I am a fair skinned person with blue/green eyes and color my hair red and this looked frightening!!! DO NOT BUY THIS!!!!

on 4/10/2009 4:51:00 AM

yes it is similar to mood lipstick.... well i went to sephora to pick up the smashbox set, that one has the o glow blush, i tried to set at the store and fall in love with the o glow, so i asked them to try on the o gloss too, well i like it a lot, very nice color it turns out very vibrant pink which doesnt look that great on me, however its actually really nice color and i do like it a lot but its is like those mood lipstick ( which is very cheap) so the price of it kind expensive... im thinking about getting it but still not sure if it worth the money... i give u update in few weeks if i get it and use it....

on 3/28/2009 7:19:00 PM

I got this for christmas and the colour DOES vary on people, on my sister its a brightish pink- fuschia. On me its a less bright pink with reddish sortof tone to it.
It goes on smoothly and its really good. :]
Will probably repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

They make this product sound soooo cool, but it's so.... b o r i n g. It's mood gloss... in a fancy little tube. It has the same generic pink mood-lipstick shade as the old floral design tubes of mood lipstick from China that were so popular in the 80's. I mean, it's Smashbox so the consitency is ok, the shine is good, and major kudos on the tube design but this product is still way overpriced. It would be nice for a young girl.. it's a very young bright pink, but not for anyone over 20. Save your $.
**Update 5/19/09** Yet *another* product I've switched stances on . I decided to give it another try and it's becoming my favorite gloss. When used in moderation it's really quite pretty and not overwhelming at all! I find myself reaching for this more and more. Pretty soon I'll need to buy a new tube. I never thought I'd say this, but.... I think I will.

Recommended for Medium Skin