Korres Lip Butter - Pomegranate

4.2

Polybutene, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Hydroxystearic Acid, Polyethylene, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Tocopherol, Aroma, Carthamus Tinctorius Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Punica Granatum Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, CI 77891, CI 158580, CI 77491.

love it love it love it.

Nice, sheer healthy color...moisturizing...EXCELLENT texture...nice smell...cute packaging...yeah, nothing not to like (except maybe lack of SPF).

I love Korres.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It surprises me that so many people love Korres's Lip Butters. I did not find them amazingly moisturizing or an extraordinary color. Worst of all, they smell so horrible and artificial (and very "lipsticky") that it makes me nauseous.

This is a pretty good lip product. I love the colour that it gives, I especially like wearing in under my MAC Flusterose lustreglass. The consistency is really smooth and it gives a good amount of hydration. The package is quite nice, nothing spectacular but still quite nice. Although, you don't seem to get much product in the tub. Overall, a pretty good product.

on 5/12/2010 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this product. Lately my lips have been soo dry and flaky that I cant really wear lip color of any kind, even gloss. This is the perfect consistency and really does moisturize the lips. I love the color too, its a coral type color on me and lasts a while. I also bought the jasmine one, which is unfortunately more drying and doesnt seem to hydrate like this one does. I reccomend this one, but not the jasmine one.

on 5/12/2010 2:58:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love it! It actually *does* what is says... Which i find rather rare after spending lots of money on products that have turned out to be total dissapointment.

Pros:

1) Really moisturizing, not sticky or heavy at all. Ideal for throughout the year and for me, great for winter. I find lipsticks to dry out my lips a bit too much during that time, so this tinted lip butter is a great replacement.

2) Natural Product: Contains Shea Butter and Rice Wax. Mineral Oil Free, Silicone Free, Propylene Glycol Free, Ethanolamine Free.

3) Lovely Colour Range: Pomergrate version is a pink/coral colour not pigmented and has a lovely natural shine. I've also bought Wild Rose and Jasmine version. First one is a reddish colour that makes your lips look like they've just been kissed-really sexy. Jasmine is transperant and i use before i go to sleep since i don't wanna colour my pillows with the tinted ones.

4) Lovely Discreet Smell.

5) Very Cheap: I bought it for 6 Euro. I think that it is a very good deal for what it offers. I was very surprised when i read reviews saying that it's a bit too much for a lip butter. I actually believe that is it one of the cheapest (yet one of the best) tinted lip butters of the market.

6) Packaging: I have no problem that it comes in a jar insted of a stick. And to be honest, i prefer it that way. Many reviewers said that they don't like carrying a compact mirror and a lip brush to apply the product but i carry those with me at all times anyway(and i believe most of use do), so no harm done!

Cons:

1) Staying power isn't good. I found myself refreshing it quite often among coffees/ food/ciggarettes/drinks. But expecting staying power from a lip balm and/or lip butter isn't realistic in my opinion.

OVERALL: i DO recommend it, i WILL repurchase and i WILL get the entire colour range <3

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I am a sucker for lip balms and being that this product is such a beautiful color and claims to be as nourishing as a balm sold me. The warm, pink/coral shade is perfect for me so I loved that aspect, but as a moisturizer I found it was just okay. It wasn't drying, but it certainly was not as rich as I was expecting it to be for the price. It's great for maintaining already healthy lips, though.
I also wear this product as a cheek color. I have somewhat sensitive/dry skin so I like that this product is all natural and moisiturizing. It applies smoothly and distributes the perfect amount of color. It feels weightless, applies well over liquid foundation and remains dewy without looking oily or with a light dusting of powder over top creates a perfect natural looking flush.
For the combined aspects of color and versatility I give this product a 4. I wish that since it's a lip butter it would be a little more rich, especially for the price but a little goes a long way and again, the versatility of the product makes up for that a little bit. I'm looking forward to trying out a different color!

on 5/3/2010 1:41:00 PM

This is a very soft, very natural looking pinkish/peachy/coral shade. One of these your lips but better shades that just changes my colour enough but not so much that it looks unnatural or to done. It is just perfect for work, school and other occasions when you want a natural look and lipstick or lipgloss is just a bit too much but you want a bit of colour. It is not as moisturising as my favourite lipbalm, but now when spring and summer rolls around and my lips start behaving again it is just perfect. Not for winter use, though. As for the pot, I love the design. Don't care for sticking my finger in it, though, since I'm afraid I will stain my clothes if I don't think about my pinky having colour on it and it isn't the most hygienic. It would be better if it came in a tube of some kind, though I have a feeling they would have to change the wonderful, silky/buttery formula for that and that I don't want.

on 4/20/2010 5:44:00 PM

Sooo nice! The color is very lightly pigmented, so it's kinda like a stain which is nice. It is also very moisturizing! It smells pretty good, and the pot thing is cute (: The only bad thing is that I don't like applying it with my fingers because I feel like I get more product on my fingers than on my lips, but oh well it's worth it (:

on 4/20/2010 5:07:00 PM

Pros: great color, nourishing, smells great, cute packaging, all natural
Cons: umm, i really cant think of anything! I love this and am looking forward to trying different colors!

on 4/20/2010 4:50:00 PM

Now I understand the hype about Korres lip butters! I was skeptical about the sheerness of the color, but it's absolutely perfect. I love the smell and the texture -- soft, smooth but not sticky. "Butter" is the perfect name for it. The only thing I would change is the staying power. Not that it's abnormally bad, but I wish they would last longer. I don't even mind the little pot container, I think it's cute. I'll definitely be buying more colors of these (and replacing my Pomegranate one when I finish it!)

Popular Lip Treatments