Smashbox Bionic Mascara

2.6

on 2/14/2009 12:29:00 AM

The biggest let down especially for the price tag. I couldn't even use the full sized one, with the extra-special applicator because the plunger/scraper part was stuck up in the wand. Doesn't matter because after trying the free sample I wouldn't want the clumpy, drying mess. Did nothing but make my lashes stick together - no elongating whatsoever. Don't waste your money. It's a glorified Great Lash. Yuck.

on 2/10/2009 9:44:00 PM

Ew. I hate this mascara with a passion. It is clumpy, flaky and a pain in the butt to take off. If I hadn't bought it at a store that doesn't accept returns I would have taken it back immediately, especially because it was something like $25. Not only the does the formula suck, but the cap on mine doesn't screw on correctly...so bizarre. I'd take any drugstore brand mascara over this one.

on 2/8/2009 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

The best way to decribe this product is: dried out clumpy black stuff. Maybe that's what Bionic means.

on 2/5/2009 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bionic, huh? Well I arranged a match between Bionic and LíOrťalís Voluminous mascara, and stroke for stroke on my lashes, Voluminous knocked out Bionic and made it look like a 99-pound weakling. Iím Asian and my lashes are stick-straight but surprisingly long. I need mascara that thickens and plumps my lashes. Bionic made my lashes look a little longer and blacker, but still puny. I like the black tubeís long, sleek and minimalist design, but its contents are weak and anaemic.

on 2/3/2009 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I got this in the mini size with the Sephora Lash Stash, and this is not one of the better mascaras I've tried so far. (the mini tube is also TINY, but that's not really a problem with the product itself). This mascara has a weird texture on the lashes that almost makes them feel... gloopy? Gunky? It makes them stick together weirdly and it is NOT attractive. The wand/brush are decent but nothing special. For this price, you can find something much better.

on 2/2/2009 10:14:00 AM

Ew, not on all what I expected. Gave me short, spidery, gunky lashes. Difficult to get off and overall just a weird consistancy. Yet another mascara that ended up in the trash.

on 2/1/2009 3:56:00 AM

not a fan...
while this product did a decent job at defining and volumizing my lashes, it's such a hassle to remove if I get any specks on my eyelid, because it's waterproof.
I also found that it dried up really quickly even though I had hardly used it!

on 1/23/2009 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HG mascara. Gives me black, thick, flirty lashes. My lashes are medium length and thickness. I have tried Dior, Lancome, Clinique, Mac, and all the drugstore brands. I have done one eye with this and the other with various other mascaras. I love this one because it is most dramatic.

Apply multiple coats of this Lightly, from roots to tip in one stroke. I haven't had trouble with clumping. Only bad thing is it is hard to remove, but at least it's water resistance and smudgeproof (I cry my eyes out at movies and I wore it to Valkyrie and this mascara did not budge!)

Put it this way: my mom gave it to me because it makes her lashes too long:)

on 1/18/2009 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This mascara was party of a set I got off of QVC's special of the day. I am so glad the other products in the kit were worth the price b/c this is the worst mascara I have ever used. It goes on so thick and clumps horribly. I would never purchase this mascara on it's own, I don't even know how Smashbox could sell it on it's own.

on 1/16/2009 1:56:00 AM

HORRIBLE!! clumped like crazy! im so glad i didnt purchase this mascara, i received it as a deluxe sample from sephora. it did nothing for my lashes.

Top Rated Smashbox Products