September 23, 2014 | 1953 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by sunsetbreeze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

So of course I would find out about this product AFTER the color Dark Brown is discontinued! Boy, am I bummed. I received this in a swap & I am absolutely LOVING it. I plan on stocking up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Breve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE:
4 months later and I've finally finished the tube. I decided to try the light brown color this time. As it turns out, I would only recommend this color if you have red hair. Even though I have some red in my hair naturally, there was too much of a warm red tone to the light brown color to work for me so I'm going back to the dark blonde.Still love this pencil!

Wow this product totally impressed me! I got it BOGO and got the Dark Blonde color, after reading a review that said that the light brown is actually lighter than the dark blonde. I'm NC15-20 btw. My brows are a light taupey brown, they are very neutral even though my hair is naturally warm (light brown-red) so it's hard to find a brow product that doesn't have that warmth yet still looks natural on me. Anyway the Dark Blonde color fits my natural brow color PERFECTLY. I have tried:
Mac's lingering & strut
Anastasia's brow wiz in caramel, brunette, and ash brown (best match of the 3)
Smashbox brow tech in soft brown
Maybelline mastershape brow pencil also in soft brown
Kevyn Aucoin brunette brow pencil
and more I'm sure! Yet I have never found a perfect color match until now. Although this pencil isn't as elegant as some of the fancier lines, the tip is fine enough to blend well and it doesn't leave a streaky finish like some pencils can do (*ie: Maybelline mastershape pencil*). It's creamy yet still firm, whereas Anastasia's and Kevyn Aucoin's pencils were too dry and stiff to blend on sparse sections.
Only con I can find is that you have to twist up the color by grasping the pencil section that holds the color, so not ideal. That is just a small negative to me though. Bottom line, this brow pencil is super easy to use because it leaves a soft and natural finish, and it's pigmented enough that you don't have to press it over a section more than once to get color there. It is perfect for filling sparse areas and giving more definition to your natural brow color. Definite HG!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by pocky

This is a really nice eyebrow pencil, but unfortunately, I could not find a color that worked for me. The slim, twist-up pencil is a lot like MAC's brow pencils at half the price. I have dark brown hair but I have somewhat light skin (NC20ish) and very sparse brows so I can only wear taupey brown brow pencils. Dark brown or black look very unnatural on me so I bought Medium Brown and Dark Blonde. What was interesting was how Dark Blonde is darker than Medium Brown. The Dark Blonde looked better on me but it is not even close to MAC Lingering and looked really unnatural in sunlight. I looked like i had drawn my brows in. Medium Brown looked more like a blonde brown pencil so it did not work for me either. I actually already have my HG brow pencils but they're all so ridiculously expensive that I'm always keeping my eyes out for anything cheaper. Unfortunately, it looks like I will be sticking with the expensive brow pencils.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this at first. It was a near dupe to MAC eyebrow pencils at a fraction of the cost. It's slightly more waxier, but definitely still a good pencil.
However, there is a problem with it: the packaging. I had it for a week and then it broke and was completely useless and I had to toss it! First, it became difficult to twist up, then a piece from the twisting mechanism broke off and when I tried to put it back in place, it fell again and again. I ended up throwing that piece out, fine whatever it still twisted product up. I later found out this piece was holding the product in and, to my dismay, the product fell out and thus was garbage.
Good product, terrible packaging. :(
I will not repurchase unless they change the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by victoriaemilyf

I just ran out of this product and will be rushing out to get more!

It looks natural, is easy to use, stays put all day (oily skin) and lasts! With daily use, I held on to this for nearly 7 months. All it takes is a gentle touch.

The one thing I would like is a better comb for my fine hairs...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been a faithful user of MAC's Eyebrows pencil in Spiked, a dark brown. I kept reading positive reviews about the Maybelline Define-A-Brow pencils so I had to check it out. I bought one in Medium Brown and it is fabulous. It's the same pencil mechanism as MAC's, but it has a little comb on the other end. And it's a fraction of the price of the MAC pencil. I'll continue to buy the Maybelline pencil as long as they continue to make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by cindaaxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this brow-filler. I am currently using dark brown, which stinks because they are discontinuing that color. But anyway, the point is pointed and stays pointed, and the color comes off very easily. It does fade a little throughout the day, but nevertheless its a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by jcdixon

Seriously? They are discontinuing dark brown and I just found this today? That really sucks for me. I have black hair and dark eyebrows and I really love this brow product. I really like a brow pencil that I don't have to sharpen. I also liked Almay's brow pencil but I like the waxy consistency of this better. And the dark brown color is perfect for me. I will be searching for any available dark brown pencils tomorrow before they're all gone!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by mg321

Dark Brown is DISCONTINUED!

Per Maybelline's website, they suggest using their more expensive and way TOO WAXY; Eye Studio Master Shape Brow Pencil in deep brown, but itís not at all similar. It doesnít work well for oily skin and you canít re-apply it because it just smudges off the first layer.

HELP!!! Any know of an inexpensive ($10 or less) DARK BROWN eyebrow pencil that works just as well as Maybellineís?

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Jessvolta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am really satisfied with define-a-brow. I only recently started filling in my brows because they're so light. I began by using MAC's eye brow pencil in lingering, however MAC's eye brow pencil only lasted me a month. I loved MAC's eye brow pencil, but to be honest, $16.00 for a brow pencil isn't affordable on a student's budget. After reading a few reviews, I purchased define-a-brow and it is a great dupe for MAC's brow pencil. Lingering is identical to dark blonde, and is priced at six dollars and change. It is easy to use, wonderful to fill-in my sparse brows and overall a worthy purchase.