MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

4.2

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

I love this product by MAC and still use it to this day. I believe it costs around $17.50 at your local MAC counter and on their website. I feel that the price is a little much and if I could find a cheaper alternative to this I would for sure stop purchasing it. But until then, I'll buy it. I use this as an eyeshadow base, undereye concealer and a regular concealer and it works amazing for me in that way. I wouldn't suggest using it for the undereye if you have wrinkles/fine lines because it will settle into them and make them stand out more. It leaves your lids a tad bit tacky but I love that because it holds your eyeshadow on like crazy! I do feel like most department store makeup is overpriced so I purchase those items whenever I want to treat myself but only if I know that it's going to be something that I know will work, be worth all the money and that I can use almost every day.

I have this crazy idea of branching out for eyeshadow primer. I am using UD primer potion and got tired of it. I wanted something new to try. So I bought this. It creases like crazy with eyeshadow on top. I might just use it to even out my eyelids when I don't want to use eyeshadows. I have very oily eyelids and nothing works except UD primer potion. Too Faced ones separates in the tube.

Only got a sample but will buy full size
Colour: pale yellow-toned beige
Finish: matte
Texture: buttery
It dries in a flash and doesn't look cakey. I was looking for a base for non-yellow-based e/s. There's minimal creasing by the end of the day.
Really great skin-toned base for fair to medium skintones, I guess. Will try Painterly for comparison

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I needed an eyelid primer because I wanted the true color of my eyeshadows to show. I've never owned a primer and wanted to see if there was a difference. Now, I can never be without! Soft Ochre is opaque and has a concealer like consistancy. I've never used a primer before and noticed my eyeshadows do not stay on very long. I'm pleased with the results! Sometimes I go without any color on my lids and just use this for the brightening effect. I also have Rubenesque Paint Pot which gives me just enough warmth and love! I like to use that when I'm applying shades like MAC's All That Glitters. I imagine that the jar will last a very long time as you need only a little bit on each application. How clever of MAC to put a product out like this. I use my Paint Pots daily.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'd buy this again in a heartbeat. I've had mine for well over a year now and fortunately it hasn't dried out at all. I use this everyday before my eye makeup to even out my eyelid skintone and primer. For reference, I'm NC35. A little bit goes a long way!

I bought this product for $21 at mac and I luve this! Since I am very fair I can use this as a concealer wich is what I love it for! It has a yellow undertone so it counteracts the dark undereye circles. It doesn't crease as my concealer HOWEVER it did crease as an eyeshadow base but maybe I just applied too much. I really hope this doesn't dry out fast! As a concealer I find that is covers VERY well medium-full coverage yet you can't tell wether or not I'm wearing it :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product dried up very quickly when I had only used it a few times and makes my light-medium skin tone look very sickly like on my eyes. It is so dry that it makes your eyeshadow look cakey. For those of you that have already purchased this and want to know how to solve the "drying" out problem is to use E.L.F. eyeshadow primer that is like a wand,put that on your eyelid first then apply this base. I don't trust E.L.F. primer alone because it is so liquidy and to me doesn't seem as if it will stay on long, so I guess the two work hand in hand.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was very excited to try this product because it had so many good reviews. It works great as a base for your eyeshadows but you have to apply a small amount if you dont it will crease and look cakey! but I regret buying this for the only reason it dried up so fast :( and there was so much left. Waste of money. Once its dried up no matter what you do to make it softer or atleast being able to use it, it wont work. It dries up like clay.

This is a wonderful product. I use it as a lid primer before applying eye shadows, and just by itself on days I don't wear any shadow.

Worn by itself it really evens out the lid colour and perfects a flawless foundation look. I use NC15 studio fix and soft ochre is a perfect colour for the lids. It brightens my eyes, and yep I really do love it.

Worn as a primer under an eye shadow it works really well. First of all, if using MAC loose pigment shadow this product is a must. It keeps the shadow in place without it all falling or smudging off. No creases either.

Fantastic product! Love it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

If you're looking for something to even out your eyelids (for pale-ish skin, NC15-NC25 I'd say) then this is for you. If you're cool toned (NW) then I'd go for Painterly - this is more for warm toned skin, IMO. I genuinely think a concealer works just as well though. It's EXACTLY the same colour as my Studio Fix concealer in NC20.

Top Rated MAC Products