October 1, 2014 | 2021 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I actually like this product. I tried other paintpots such as groundworks, but I found that color dulled my eyeshadows. Soft Orche is nice because it is suited for those who have yellow undertones like me (NC45).. It really makes my eyes look awake and I use it to line my waterline to make my eyes look bigger. I adore the glass jar and feel this will last me awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Gill222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My fav paint pot! Soft Ochre covers up my pink blue toned eyelids perfectly. Tip - apply with finger and quickly cause it sets very quickly. This is my HG eyelid primer and beats UD primer potion hands down as it gives a perfect neutral base to apply my shadows to and once applied my shadows don't budge!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For my NC25 skin, this is a much better match than painterly which looked ridiculous on me (pinky-beige and too dark). I love how it evens out my entire eye area like a concealer to hide dark spots, veins, etc. It does feel a little tacky, but I think this helps the eyeshadow adhere to it. I use my ring finger to apply this all over the eye area because the heat from my finger helps me spread it but you still have to work somewhat quickly. It makes my eyeshadow last longer throughout the day and crease less, but it doesnt enhance the eyeshadow colors or anything.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2011 5:10:00 AM More reviews by plumsiren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Such a disappointment! I went looking for Painterly (after hearing so many wonderful things about it) and the MAC person recommended this instead (glad they did; Painterly would have been too dark for me). I've been using it off and on for a few months now and I just can't seem to make it do anything special. It doesn't make my e/s adhere any better or keep it from fading. It does, at least, help to correct some of the natural purplish tones in my skin, so I prefer to wear it alone as a sort of corrector rather than as a shadow base. Back to UDPP, I think.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by LizzieAde

ok so i finally bought 2 soft ochre paint pots after watching numerous videos on youtube. At First i tried applying it with fingers it goes on smooth for 2 seconds and becomes dry almost immediately and u end up pulling your eyelids. Thats the quickest way to get wrinkles around ur eyes. so i tries applying it with a brush..BIG MISTAKE.it doesnt even blend out before drying up..after numerous experiments i found the best way to apply this.I apply my eyecream over the lids and then apply the paint pot. it goes on smoothly and allows you blend out the colour easily.I thought the cream would cause eyeshadow to crease but it didnt..now am happy with it but wont buy it again.too much work!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by mariiahx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOOOOVE this product. by the end of the day my eyeshadow always creases and looks dark. I went to mac to get painterly originally, but was disappointed when I saw it had pink undertones and I am more of a golden, low and behold soft ochre. It is perfect and brightens up my whole eyelid. Also, less likely to change the color of your eyeshadow which I noticed happens with painterly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by kirstabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this to use as an everyday base for my eyeshadows. I chose this color over other paint pots because I wanted the yellow base to neutralize my blue toned, veiny pigmented eyelids. I haven't tried too many bases, just nyx jumbo pencils (which I like, but they do not come in a shade like this) udpp (which I found difficult to blend over, maybe because my skin is dry?) and then concealer, and other regular all-over face primers (which I cannot wear because they always break me out and are the only things that do)

This neutralizes really well, and is a great match for my NC20-25 skin tone, I am 118/125 in MUFE HD and 120 in Maybelline Fit Me.

I almost always top it with brulee (I use the cheap wet and wild version - which is awesome and only 1.99 vs 11.00 in pan form from MAC) and that creates a perfect base for my shadows.

I understand what some reviewers are saying about the dry feel upon application, but I feel like its more of a tacky feeling but not sticky, it does not feel like primer though, that super smooth creamy feeling. I do think this makes the shadows stick better to the lid and with a sweep of brulee to begin I do not have issues blending out colors on top. You do have to apply it and get it where you want fairly quickly though, so that it remains easy to blend out the actual paint pot product.

In terms of shadows lasting longer, I do see a difference between using this and foundation alone. And I find it on par with UDPP in terms of lasting power, and I did not have problems with creasing from either of those products. I think it lasts better than nyx jumbo pencils too. I haven't noticed it intensifying the colors of my shadows, I do think it has definitely helped in making my shadows appear on my eyes closer to the pan color just because they no longer compete with my eyelid pigment. So that's ideal, really, and the reason I bought it.

I do not mind that its in a jar, I think you get loads of product for the price and I know this will last me a really long time, so as far as MAC products go, I think this is actually pretty cheap. Will repurchase... eventually! The SA told me to screw the lid on super tight as this product will dry out easily.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by starrynight8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this PP as a primer, but it also looks really good as an all over lid color if I'm too lazy to apply eyeshadow. It did make my eyeshadow and liner last longer, but there was a tiny hint of creasing by the end of the day at around 4 o'clock-ish. Overall, I think this is a great investment and a great product because it has lasted me for about a year, and I use it every day. I did, however, click that I wouldn't buy this again, only because I do want to try some other primers. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by tricerat0psgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I had heard a lot of hype about this product as a primer and wanted a base with more color to it than my usual TFSI and one that wouldn't crease like the NYX JEP. I liked that it is a yellow toned shade and is pretty close to my skintone in the pot but upon application it was a little too yellow. It does not enhance shadow shades either like the NYX JEP in Milk does. I applied it with a brush the first time and it did not go on smoothly and dried up too quickly. I couldn't blend out harsh lines over it. I used my finger the second time and applied a little more product the second but to my ultimate lament it creased on me which was surprising because of how dryly it applied the first time and also because my lids aren't that oily.
Third time's the charm. I applied the same heavier amount with my finger over TFSI and finally achieved success. It performs fine that way and it's really not any different than how I've used other bases but I was hoping for a one step application with this one. I gave it three stars because it doesn't require a ton of work but it's not effortless either and does create a smooth base once you get the application down.
For the amount of money pay, which is competitive with UDPP and TFSI, you get a lot of product so I thought that was reasonable. The packaging is logical, easy to use with a brush or finger, weighty and substantial. I don't worry about it breaking in my makeup bag.
I wouldn't repurchase it because it was not the flesh tone one step I was hoping it would be and I found it to be initially tricky application wise but it did provide a solid performance in the end so three overall.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by kimmyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this product as I've heard good things about Painterly and that this was the counterpart for warm skin tones. I bought this from my MAC counter and tried it for a few days. I tried using it as a base and all over lid e/s. It did not perform for either function. The formula was horribly dry on my lids, I used a finger to warm it up and it still did not spread smoothly. I was extremely disappointed and returned this product. I'm NC30 and the color was also too light for me.