November 26, 2014 | 1662 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by NaturalBeautyLovr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great product! I love this! Makes my eyeshadow last all day and has yet to crease on me -- even after a long day at work (and I have VERY oily skin, so this is even more amazing!). Will definitely buy this again, though I think a jar lasts forever! I'd had mine for months and there is still a ton left in there, and it's just as creamy as when I first bought it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by bbluvsmac

this and bare study are my HG eye bases. I orginally bought painterly and it cast a purple color on my lid so i returned it and got this and i am sooooo happy i did. :]

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2011 5:56:00 AM More reviews by missashleexoxo

Started off as a great eyeshadow primer to give a natural colour base, but as time went on it got thick and now makes eyelids look wrinkly! Opposite of what anyone wants! Will not buy again. But I do have two other paintpots; Blackground & Vintage Selection (limited edition?) which have not had this problem, theyre a much better consistency.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 3:14:00 AM More reviews by sharonshizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Went into MAC with every intention of buying Painterly because of recommendations of some of my fave youtube gurus. However, I tried it out and it was wayyy too pink toned for my skin (NC20) and therefore I felt as though it would alter the color of my eyeshadow. I bought it later anyways (but thats a different review) The SA recommended soft ochre as the most neutral color base for my shadows. First off, I love the color. It is perfect for me, blends perfectly against my skin tone, and works great as an all over wash on lazy makeup days and more frequently I use it as a highlighter on my brow bone while using painterly sometimes on my lid. Works great for that. Therefore, I would recommend soft ochre for my pale skinned warmer/neutral tones gals.

However, the consistency is rather dry. It doesn't apply as smooth as I would like it to and find that I have to warm it up between my fingers a bit and hurry to blend it all out over my lid because if I take my time with it, it cakes up a bit on my skin. After a few uses, I got used to it however and have no more problems with the texture. As an eyeshadow base, it actually works quite well. It definitely helps the eyeshadow last for more than a few hours but doesn't hold it up quite as well on my sometimes crazy 12 hour days like my hg NARS eyeshadow primer does although this little jar does last me forever (had it for about a year and barely a quarter through it) vs other eye primers. Overall, pretty good base. I would repurchase for sure :)

--------- edit----------

another great use for this base. I've been getting really bad undereye circles with finals coming up and used this as a corrector underneath my concealer one day since it's yellow toned and there was a huge difference between the eye with it and without it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by stacey0125

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great color for those with yellow undertones in their skin as it has a little bit of a yellowish-cream color. I do love the color and they way it applies, however I would not buy this again and here is why:
First of all if you are buying this as an eyeshadow primer to make your eyeshadow last longer, you are better off going with Urban Decay Primer Potion. This creases and doesnt last long at all. The only way I was able to get this not to crease was to apply UDPP underneath which is completley pointless since this is a base. I will probably use what I have because it will last me forever, but I will not be repurchasing this. One thing I do like this for is on lazy days or on the weekends when I want a polished-but easy look- I will just use this by itself and it give a nice color to the eyelid but like I said it will crease usually with just an hour or so. Overall 3 lippies because it creases and doesnt work well with eyeshadows. I will not be repurchasing this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I actually like this product. I tried other paintpots such as groundworks, but I found that color dulled my eyeshadows. Soft Orche is nice because it is suited for those who have yellow undertones like me (NC45).. It really makes my eyes look awake and I use it to line my waterline to make my eyes look bigger. I adore the glass jar and feel this will last me awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Gill222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My fav paint pot! Soft Ochre covers up my pink blue toned eyelids perfectly. Tip - apply with finger and quickly cause it sets very quickly. This is my HG eyelid primer and beats UD primer potion hands down as it gives a perfect neutral base to apply my shadows to and once applied my shadows don't budge!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For my NC25 skin, this is a much better match than painterly which looked ridiculous on me (pinky-beige and too dark). I love how it evens out my entire eye area like a concealer to hide dark spots, veins, etc. It does feel a little tacky, but I think this helps the eyeshadow adhere to it. I use my ring finger to apply this all over the eye area because the heat from my finger helps me spread it but you still have to work somewhat quickly. It makes my eyeshadow last longer throughout the day and crease less, but it doesnt enhance the eyeshadow colors or anything.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2011 5:10:00 AM More reviews by plumsiren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Such a disappointment! I went looking for Painterly (after hearing so many wonderful things about it) and the MAC person recommended this instead (glad they did; Painterly would have been too dark for me). I've been using it off and on for a few months now and I just can't seem to make it do anything special. It doesn't make my e/s adhere any better or keep it from fading. It does, at least, help to correct some of the natural purplish tones in my skin, so I prefer to wear it alone as a sort of corrector rather than as a shadow base. Back to UDPP, I think.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by LizzieAde

ok so i finally bought 2 soft ochre paint pots after watching numerous videos on youtube. At First i tried applying it with fingers it goes on smooth for 2 seconds and becomes dry almost immediately and u end up pulling your eyelids. Thats the quickest way to get wrinkles around ur eyes. so i tries applying it with a brush..BIG MISTAKE.it doesnt even blend out before drying up..after numerous experiments i found the best way to apply this.I apply my eyecream over the lids and then apply the paint pot. it goes on smoothly and allows you blend out the colour easily.I thought the cream would cause eyeshadow to crease but it didnt..now am happy with it but wont buy it again.too much work!