July 25, 2014 | 2031 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by sammin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

When I use this as a powder foundation, with jojoba oil or a light moisturizer underneath, I get good results. The brush you use to apply this is very important. I've had success using a cheap flat top brush to apply this (I'll by trying the Trish McEvoy M20 face blender brush with this presently, and will update), or the MAC 187 if I want lighter coverage.

I do not recommend using this as a setting powder over a tinted moisturizer (I use Becca's LSC in Camel), or a sunblock. My face turned orange. So I only use this on "good skin" days, when I go without the LSC. I realize I haven't yet tried it with the MAC SPF50 face primer, so when I do, I'll update this review.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by ohtin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love how this product leaves my face with an airbrushed look. I have gotten so many compliments while using this. It just gives your make-up that extra step...and makes your look more complete! I am NC42 for reference, and although I love how this looks on me, there are times when I feel that this is too light. I usually use the medium plus during winter and medium dark during summer. Either way this does a good job of making my make up stay put! No matter what foundation I use under it, even with my drugstore foundation, this just makes it look so much better. It isn't cakey, its pretty sheer I think. It isn't drying on the skin either. Definitely a must have in my make up bag!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. I have never bought any face makeup from MAC until recently. First off, I was impressed at the price. Cheaper than most high end brands and just a tiny bit more than DS brands. When I first applied the powder, it created a huge, loose mess. BUT, it's not as dusty after that first initial swipe with a brush. The SA insisted on MED for me even though I consider myself a bit lighter. And that is why she works there and I do not. The color is perfect. I picked up a concealer as well, thought the same thing about the color, but it's like second skin. I just kept on thinking, "She has perfect skin, how does she know about concealers?" Bless her heart cause I too, now, have perfect skin. You don't get much color with this powder and I love that for a few reasons. I do NOT want powder face. I can apply this like I have OCD and I will never get powder face. Second, the price. I was over the moon when she told me the price. I didn't realize that MAC makeup is so affordable. Third, I love the finish. It takes away the shinies but leaves a beautiful finish. The only grip I have it the packaging. I already popped out the plastic window. But that's small clams considering the awesomeness of this powder. Love it and I will forever buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by MzSiStarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence with this. I know this is the right color for me bc I've tried other colors but when worn alone, this makes me look super ashy! When I use it to set my foundation it looks better but still a lil gray :(. I do want to give it a shot with my revlon CS but if that doesn't work I'm either gonna chuck it or give it away......

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by vickywang

It covers beautifully without looking cakey. I think it does decent job by keeping face matt for quite bit of time. Quite happy with the result. Will purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great powder.- It works great over my foundation and concealer and it doesn't make me look grey or sallow by the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by stillhot

I use different powders (Laura Mercier for photography) for different purposes, but have found that for my personal use this is the only powder I will use. After having spent fortunes on high-end foundations, only to be disappointed after a few weeks, it has occurred to me that it really doesn't matter what brand foundation I use, if I finish it with MSF....put it on in the morning, and NOTHING MOVES for the entire day.

Not sure how it would work for professional (ie photography), but for every day (and night) it's great.

I am not a huge fan of all Mac products, but this one is truly terrific.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by dzcml88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have nothing negative to say about this product. It's just great! All the hype surrounding it is totally justified. It looks extremely natural and is buildable to create decent coverage - mind you it is marketed as more of a setting powder, so it's not meant to cover blemishes - that's what concealer is for =)
Since my skin's pretty okay right now, it does its job in terms of evening out my skin tone, as a powder foundation. I also use this to set my liquid foundation and it works amazingly. I love this product and will continue to repurchase this for as long as I'm able. This is one product I would recommend to anyone.
For Reference: I'm usually an NC35 but have gotten paler than I've ever been due to my serious lack of sunlight. So I think this would work with NC35 and under...(???)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Won't repurchase. Started making me oilier and more pink after oxidation. I have since turned to MAC's careblend powder. Loving it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by midorisour03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this powder! I have an overall even skintone, with a couple spots in there of of uneveness. I don't use foundation by recommendation of a MAC makeup artist and this was suggested. And it was one of the MAC must-have products for me! It's a great product and for the most part, it's my foundation + powder all in one! It is a bit on the pricier side, $26, but worth every penny and lasts a really long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by BeTheChange

I got this in Light/Medium and it's perfect. I use it alone or to set foundation. It has good coverage and lasts a good while. I will be purchasing again.