November 20, 2014 | 1775 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

This powder is superior to a lot drugstore brands I've tried. It's smooth and blends well. I would have been content with this had I not found something better, which I have. It stays on throughout the day.
This has a subtle orange hue to it that will show up if I put too much on in an area so I have to be careful when applying. I rate it a "good-average" product. I don't see that it helps blend away any flaws. What does 'mineralized' mean, anyway?
I don't want to waste this and am currently trying to use all this up so I can start using my Smashbox Halo.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by eyeluvmakeup21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i have been using this product for a few weeks now... put on alone the coverage is light, it evens out skin tone but if u have redness or other things you wanna cover up this will not do, this and some concealer and it's good. i found that the best brush to use this with is with the mac 187 brush because i tried a kabuki and it mostly scrapes off the product and picks it up only at the center of the brush, but with the 187 it picks up everything as you swirl the brush around the domed compact. this finish is always natural looking..seriously you can't tell you have anything on and that's great considering the powders i have tried are noticeable that i have powder on.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by lawla91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this like a month ago and I LOVE it, the coverage is really light so for everyday use I apply bobbi brown tinted moisturizer and then finish it with mac skin finish in medium plus.
It's very natural looking, most powders look cakey specially if you add them on top of foundation but this one doesn't, and it never breaks me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the summer and really liked it! I like that I can just put this one on with concealer and be good to go. It's a mineral foundation, so I don't really expect it to give much coverage or last too long, but for the price its not bad. I went to Las Vegas last summer with a 100+ degree weather and overall it still managed to stay put. There was a bit of fading, but then again it's mineral. I am an NC 35-37 right now and Medium Plus is perfect for my skin tone. In the summer when I am around an NC40-42, I'll probably buy the Medium Dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by shop74

This is the best powder. I love it. It is light but it covers really well. The product lasts a long time and a little goes a long way. It last throughout the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by sammin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

When I use this as a powder foundation, with jojoba oil or a light moisturizer underneath, I get good results. The brush you use to apply this is very important. I've had success using a cheap flat top brush to apply this (I'll by trying the Trish McEvoy M20 face blender brush with this presently, and will update), or the MAC 187 if I want lighter coverage.

I do not recommend using this as a setting powder over a tinted moisturizer (I use Becca's LSC in Camel), or a sunblock. My face turned orange. So I only use this on "good skin" days, when I go without the LSC. I realize I haven't yet tried it with the MAC SPF50 face primer, so when I do, I'll update this review.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by ohtin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love how this product leaves my face with an airbrushed look. I have gotten so many compliments while using this. It just gives your make-up that extra step...and makes your look more complete! I am NC42 for reference, and although I love how this looks on me, there are times when I feel that this is too light. I usually use the medium plus during winter and medium dark during summer. Either way this does a good job of making my make up stay put! No matter what foundation I use under it, even with my drugstore foundation, this just makes it look so much better. It isn't cakey, its pretty sheer I think. It isn't drying on the skin either. Definitely a must have in my make up bag!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. I have never bought any face makeup from MAC until recently. First off, I was impressed at the price. Cheaper than most high end brands and just a tiny bit more than DS brands. When I first applied the powder, it created a huge, loose mess. BUT, it's not as dusty after that first initial swipe with a brush. The SA insisted on MED for me even though I consider myself a bit lighter. And that is why she works there and I do not. The color is perfect. I picked up a concealer as well, thought the same thing about the color, but it's like second skin. I just kept on thinking, "She has perfect skin, how does she know about concealers?" Bless her heart cause I too, now, have perfect skin. You don't get much color with this powder and I love that for a few reasons. I do NOT want powder face. I can apply this like I have OCD and I will never get powder face. Second, the price. I was over the moon when she told me the price. I didn't realize that MAC makeup is so affordable. Third, I love the finish. It takes away the shinies but leaves a beautiful finish. The only grip I have it the packaging. I already popped out the plastic window. But that's small clams considering the awesomeness of this powder. Love it and I will forever buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by MzSiStarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence with this. I know this is the right color for me bc I've tried other colors but when worn alone, this makes me look super ashy! When I use it to set my foundation it looks better but still a lil gray :(. I do want to give it a shot with my revlon CS but if that doesn't work I'm either gonna chuck it or give it away......

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by vickywang

It covers beautifully without looking cakey. I think it does decent job by keeping face matt for quite bit of time. Quite happy with the result. Will purchase again.