Neutrogena Healthy Volume

3.7

on 11/13/2009 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this mascara!! Its awesome, and it curls my straight asian lashes and holds the curl!! Looks natural yet still gives me length AND volume. I like it better than my diorshow iconic which coincidentally is virtually impossible to remove, this washes off very easily. I'm very happy with it and would definitely repurchase again.

on 10/15/2009 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this mascara. My eyelashes are pretty long already, so I am looking for a mascara that does not weight them down. This does the job perfectly!!! also it does not clump. I have tried Diorshow, MAC, Maybelline, etc. etc. This one is much better and really affordable.

on 10/11/2009 4:27:00 PM

After being so disappointed with expensive and drugstore mascaras (MAC, Loreal, Max Factor etc.), I was beginning to think there was no such thing as a good mascara and the girls that said these mascaras were good already had fabulous lashes. Thats is, until I tried this one! I really don't know what made me buy it, desperation I guess. I have spent more than I would like to admit in the last month on mascaras alone with no success whatsoever. It was getting to be an expensive quest and I was about to throw in the towel and use up the crap I had bought. But this last weekend I had an event that I wanted to look fabulous for and it wasn't going to happen with clumped-together, Tammy Faye Baker lashes (RIP). A bogo sale on Neutrogena cosmetics caught my eye and to my pleasant suprise, this mascara turned out to be everything I wanted. It looks natural, doesn't clump, lengthens, thickens, and gives the illusion of you having more lashes than you do. This could become my HG mascara. Easy-to-apply, very reasonably priced, and the brownish black shade that I prefer to jet black is just that -brownish black, not mahogany..yuck. I feel like the burden of finding a mascara has been lifted from me! haha. -Just kidding ;-) Highly recommend!!

on 10/8/2009 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this mascara. I am put off about the consistency, though its good 'cause its not runny AT ALL (I thought I got a bad tube & it was all dried up) so it keeps the mascara from getting everywhere and becoming spider lashes. That being said, I do wish it was /slightly/ more watery 'cause I'd just feel better, lol.
Love the brush, I'm a fan of big brushes, plus it doesn't have too much on the brush, so that's wonderful as well.
This is great for daytime wear, which is what I use mascara for, but on the occasion that I might go out, or want a more dramatic look, I feel that I won't be able to achieve that look, so I might buy Maybelline, which is also cheaper, or Clinque, which I spoil myself with occasionally.

on 10/1/2009 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the only mascara I have ever used that makes my lashes look naturally long and full, I love it! I bought it after a L'Oreal mascara made my eyelashes super dry and brittle because I had heard it was very conditioning and it really was, it was a huge help in getting my lashes back to a healthy state.

on 9/8/2009 6:08:00 PM

My HG mascara :)
It leaves your lashes very soft feeling and looking, and I like that compared to the dramatic effect of Lash Blast. It removes very easily, i'd say almost with warm water. Packing is typical of a mascara, just a tube. I defiantly plan on repurchasing this!

on 9/6/2009 10:12:00 PM

This is my HG mascara!!! I say that because it does exactly what I want a mascara to do. Seperates, curls, and defines. It also has a really big brush which I love. I tried the new Great Lash BIG and loved the brush but hated the formula. This mascara also leaves my lashes feeling soft and it has never clumped or flaked on me. Washes off easy too. Will buy and buy it again and again.

on 9/6/2009 1:57:00 AM

I absolutely love this product, which was a total shock for me. I mentioned to my mom that I needed to purchase mascara, and she picked this up for me when she went out, because it was buy one get one half off. My initial reaction was "Oh god, Neutrogena is a skin care company, their makeup might be awful." First off, I have long lashes, but they don't have much curl and whenever I put on mascara, they just look longer but not thicker, so its a bit spidery. Most mascaras tend to look the same on me, except for Loreal's Voluminous, which flaked on me. The first time I put this on, I didn't like it. I did two coats, just swiping through. No volume, just spidery like always. Then I tried on the other eye with a different method - wiggling all the way through for the first coat, wiggling at the base and swiping through for the second coat, and swiping through / separating for the third coat (yes I know this many coats may be a bit ridiculous but I was looking for major volume, not something super natural). The results were fantastic, and I've never been happier. Because it was buy one get one half off, the price was good too. Finally, the packaging was great because its not the prettiest but there is a cap on the mascara and the brush on the side in the package, so it stays sealed and it can be stored (rather than leaving the brush in the tube for 3+ months until I find time to use it). There is no flaking, clumping, or smudging. The brush is a bit bulky I suppose but its not the biggest gripe, and I would definitely purchase this again.

*I have brownblack, which is great for not too much drama, and I think with black, it would give much more definition, if that is what someone is looking for.

on 8/5/2009 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Pros: no smudging what so ever. I apply a couple coats in the morning and it lasts till nightime with no smudges. Also, because of the olive oil inside, it is extremely easy to wash off. Keeps lashes soft, no flaking

Cons: To get any volume or length, I really need to apply several coats. I find the big brush wand hard to apply with, and it just takes too much effort to achieve the look I want.

Overall, this is an above average mascara because it literally has not created any smudging problems for me. But I mostly like would not repurchase because there are other mascaras out there that would give much longer and fuller lashes than this one.

on 7/30/2009 4:05:00 AM

Don't be deceived by the fat long.....brush (clean up your dirty thoughts). This is a very subtle mascara that is great for natural everyday use. When I first tried it I was thrown off by how large the brush was but was relieved when I found it was not clumpy. Of the many many mascaras I have tried this feels the greatest. It left my lashes feeling soft not crunchy and did not run. When I had to wash it off I didn't scrub off to wash it clean.

Popular Mascaras