November 23, 2014 | 1864 users online

Mascara - Neutrogena - Healthy Volume

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Aponi710

My HG mascara :)
It leaves your lashes very soft feeling and looking, and I like that compared to the dramatic effect of Lash Blast. It removes very easily, i'd say almost with warm water. Packing is typical of a mascara, just a tube. I defiantly plan on repurchasing this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by skylo0406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG mascara!!! I say that because it does exactly what I want a mascara to do. Seperates, curls, and defines. It also has a really big brush which I love. I tried the new Great Lash BIG and loved the brush but hated the formula. This mascara also leaves my lashes feeling soft and it has never clumped or flaked on me. Washes off easy too. Will buy and buy it again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2009 1:57:00 AM More reviews by pbharuch

I absolutely love this product, which was a total shock for me. I mentioned to my mom that I needed to purchase mascara, and she picked this up for me when she went out, because it was buy one get one half off. My initial reaction was "Oh god, Neutrogena is a skin care company, their makeup might be awful." First off, I have long lashes, but they don't have much curl and whenever I put on mascara, they just look longer but not thicker, so its a bit spidery. Most mascaras tend to look the same on me, except for Loreal's Voluminous, which flaked on me. The first time I put this on, I didn't like it. I did two coats, just swiping through. No volume, just spidery like always. Then I tried on the other eye with a different method - wiggling all the way through for the first coat, wiggling at the base and swiping through for the second coat, and swiping through / separating for the third coat (yes I know this many coats may be a bit ridiculous but I was looking for major volume, not something super natural). The results were fantastic, and I've never been happier. Because it was buy one get one half off, the price was good too. Finally, the packaging was great because its not the prettiest but there is a cap on the mascara and the brush on the side in the package, so it stays sealed and it can be stored (rather than leaving the brush in the tube for 3+ months until I find time to use it). There is no flaking, clumping, or smudging. The brush is a bit bulky I suppose but its not the biggest gripe, and I would definitely purchase this again.

*I have brownblack, which is great for not too much drama, and I think with black, it would give much more definition, if that is what someone is looking for.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros: no smudging what so ever. I apply a couple coats in the morning and it lasts till nightime with no smudges. Also, because of the olive oil inside, it is extremely easy to wash off. Keeps lashes soft, no flaking

Cons: To get any volume or length, I really need to apply several coats. I find the big brush wand hard to apply with, and it just takes too much effort to achieve the look I want.

Overall, this is an above average mascara because it literally has not created any smudging problems for me. But I mostly like would not repurchase because there are other mascaras out there that would give much longer and fuller lashes than this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2009 4:05:00 AM More reviews by CherryO03

Don't be deceived by the fat long.....brush (clean up your dirty thoughts). This is a very subtle mascara that is great for natural everyday use. When I first tried it I was thrown off by how large the brush was but was relieved when I found it was not clumpy. Of the many many mascaras I have tried this feels the greatest. It left my lashes feeling soft not crunchy and did not run. When I had to wash it off I didn't scrub off to wash it clean.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by harmonyjensen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Though Clinique High Definition Mascara is my HG, this mascara is a close second. This mascara makes your lashes dark, long, thick, and soft. The only issue I have with it is that it takes a while to apply. I had to brush my lashes for several minutes to get the desired result. Other than that it's great! I'm a sucker for huge mascara wands and I'm not a fan of anything with the plastic comb-like wands, which make my lashes look like long twigs.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by ImGaskarthsLilMamaxD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this in black/brown. i naturally have super long thick eyelashes, but i got this as a present and decided to use it anyway just for rare occasions (since i dont really wear make up). it leaves little clumps of mascara and sticks the lashes together...but i can make it worse i guess. i think it would work better for someone with thinner eyelashes because mine are pretty thick so it gives me some problems. i think the color is nice and i kind of like the mascara, i mean ill use it the few times i do :). oh and i think the tube is cute lol

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by jandi

I do like the look of this mascara, subtle yet noticeable, and it does not clump. However, it gave me panda eyes. My lashes do not particularly special or with great volume, so I don't think it is worth it to bear with the smudging.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by snickerdoodle171

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this because I am a sucker for natural or "healthy" makeup. Everyone is different but honestly it isn't the best mascara for me because I want sky high lashes that curl very much. It made my lashes look clumpy when I look straight ahead but my from my profile the lashes looked better. The benefits of this macara is it has olive oil which probably improve the health of your lashes and it is super easy to come off unlike other mascaras that take 50 percent of your eyelashes of everytime you use. its not a too die for product but I like the packaging and the healthiness of it so I may buy again only if I have extra cash to burn.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2009 9:44:00 PM More reviews by pocky

Healthy Volume is the first Neutrogena mascara I've ever worn and I'm thinking that Neutrogena should stick to skincare. Not only does it not volumize, it smudges in 5 minutes. Okay, so I'm exaggerating. It smudges in 30 minutes. I didn't have any trouble with clumping and the Carbon Black color was a very nice rich black. However, this mascara does not volumize or lengthen. It would be a nice mascara for someone who already has very full lashes. This mascara might build volume on thick lashes but it can't build volume on wimpy lashes like mine. This is no DiorShow. Although I'm a freak and almost every mascara smudges on me by the end of the day, 30 minutes is a new record. I'm giving this 2 lippies just because it's not the worst mascara I've ever used.