Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation

3.0

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (0.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Talc, Silica, Nylon 12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Perfluorononyl Octyldodecyl Glycol, Grapeseedate, Polyethylene, Mother of Pearl, Topaz, Quartz, Serica (Silk), Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Dimethiconol, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylysilane, Lecithin, Alumina, Lauroyl Lysine, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 1/14/2010 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Cheap, harsh brush.

Minimal coverage.

After about an hour of wearing it I started to get hot and red and itchy. I don't know what is in this, but if you're sensitive or have allergies, by all means, AVOID!

on 1/14/2010 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm also surprised by how bad the ratings are. I bought this instead of the L'Oreal mineral foundation because Target was out of the L'Oreal. I didn't know what to expect but must say I'm pleasantly surprised. I've been using it for a few weeks and it's great. First, I would advise that anyone using this purchase their own brush (I recommend the Sonia Kashuk brushes). Second, to effectively use this powder: sprinkle some on a paper towel and then dip your brush in, tap off the excess gently and powder from the outside in. I use Max Factor Lasting Performance under this and my skin looks absolutely flawless. I blot my face with paper towels throughout the day and my make-up is still good by the end of a long day. I highly recommend this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

the packaging was horrible on this product the brush was so bad and the powder got everywhere.I thought it covered okay for like 2hours but it looked weird on me.

on 1/8/2010 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I loved this for the first hour. It had great coverage, felt soft on my skin (it takes about 10 minutes to go from that powdered look and sink in), and didn't irritate my face at all!

But it just doesn't last.

After about 2hours the redness on my cheeks started to show through and in about 3 hours I was back to square one, but a lot oilier.

It looks amazing on my friend who has dry to normal skin. So ladies who are combination/oily skin, keep on looking!

p.s. I specifically used the combination/oily skin one, and it still didn't stay. I really wish it had though. It was wonderful.

on 1/8/2010 12:41:00 AM

It wasn't bad, but my Avon is way better. I had trouble finding my shade, the coverage was build-able. It wasn't natural though, the difference between Avon and Revlon is that Avon sinks in. It didn't last long, it could be cakey or powdery, and the little brush was itchy crap. At one point, the brush actually broke! When it breaks, it comes out as halves. I would buy it again, but only if I ran out of my Avon or I really had to.

on 1/7/2010 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I am always so impressed with Revlon's foundations. They are always on point! I wear this in medium-deep as the regular deep is too red on the jar. I use my Sonia K. powder brush (the one in the container is useless) and just dust a little bit all over my face. I love this foundation because as a woman of color, it does not look 'ashy' on my skin like most powders. It stays on all day, looks luminous and natural.

on 12/15/2009 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was surprised to see the negative reviews on this product - I have been using it for almost a year now and it works well for my acne prone, oily skin.
I use the fair/clair shade, and it goes on nicely, doesn't cake & I don't go shiney as fast as I do with liquid foundations. It blends in nicely with my blush too!
Also my skin breaks out less on my temples & forehead when using this foundation as opposed to liquid foundations. I have never had any problems with the brush, however at $40 a pop I usually only buy it on sale & stock up.

on 12/14/2009 4:47:00 PM

Basically Im just seconding everything that Grrrrl said in her review! I am absolutely shocked at the bad ratings for this! It is my HG powder foundation and what i use every single day to give me natural, matte coverage that LASTS. and even more surprising, i have awful, horrible luck with foundations that tout themselves as being "mineral" but this one is perfect for me.

Applied over sunscreen this provides even, medium coverage that never gets cakey no matter how much i add to certain (ahem, broken out) areas. It leaves a flawless matte finish that sticks around for a few hours. It doesnt break me out and, alternately, it doesnt dry me out. And here is the huge part: it doesnt emphasize imperfections like fine lines, large pores or rough spots like every other mineral makeup tends to do. Also, the lightest shade is a perfect match for my pale skin.

The one tiny flaw of this product is the horrendous packaging. I did what someone else recommended and bought an NYC loose powder for around $2, dumped it out and replaced it with the colorstay. Much better!

Seriously, awesome powder foundation. Highly recommended from someone who has tried practically every single one out there.

on 12/1/2009 1:25:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

it feels so gross on my skin and the brush left red marks and made my acne worse after applying. and to make matters worse, it looked so gray and dull after i applied. i so don't recommend this and such a waste of my money. well never make the same mistake twice!

on 11/14/2009 7:06:00 AM

I can't believe this product actually has a low rating here.

I've tried a lot of mineral makeup from various brands, and I've almost given up on mineral makeup altogether. Either I was too shiny, ghost-faced (what's up with the whitish cast), orange-faced, ended up with rashes, or all of the above. I finally dismissed MMU as overrated and just another fad.

After a year-long break from mineral makeup, I chanced upon Revlon's version and decided to give this "fad" another ride. Boy oh boy! I've never looked back since. This is now my HG foundation --- no breakout; found the shade perfect for my skintone; no caking; no oxidizing; renders my skin with a flawless look; very buildable without the heavy feeling on my skin; blends well with my moisturizer (no streaking) even if I didn't have the time to let it dry first.

I love love love this Revlon MMU. I hope they never stop producing it.