September 3, 2014 | 1382 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by JonMoss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am always so impressed with Revlon's foundations. They are always on point! I wear this in medium-deep as the regular deep is too red on the jar. I use my Sonia K. powder brush (the one in the container is useless) and just dust a little bit all over my face. I love this foundation because as a woman of color, it does not look 'ashy' on my skin like most powders. It stays on all day, looks luminous and natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by amyfitz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was surprised to see the negative reviews on this product - I have been using it for almost a year now and it works well for my acne prone, oily skin.
I use the fair/clair shade, and it goes on nicely, doesn't cake & I don't go shiney as fast as I do with liquid foundations. It blends in nicely with my blush too!
Also my skin breaks out less on my temples & forehead when using this foundation as opposed to liquid foundations. I have never had any problems with the brush, however at $40 a pop I usually only buy it on sale & stock up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by fancyxamy

Basically Im just seconding everything that Grrrrl said in her review! I am absolutely shocked at the bad ratings for this! It is my HG powder foundation and what i use every single day to give me natural, matte coverage that LASTS. and even more surprising, i have awful, horrible luck with foundations that tout themselves as being "mineral" but this one is perfect for me.

Applied over sunscreen this provides even, medium coverage that never gets cakey no matter how much i add to certain (ahem, broken out) areas. It leaves a flawless matte finish that sticks around for a few hours. It doesnt break me out and, alternately, it doesnt dry me out. And here is the huge part: it doesnt emphasize imperfections like fine lines, large pores or rough spots like every other mineral makeup tends to do. Also, the lightest shade is a perfect match for my pale skin.

The one tiny flaw of this product is the horrendous packaging. I did what someone else recommended and bought an NYC loose powder for around $2, dumped it out and replaced it with the colorstay. Much better!

Seriously, awesome powder foundation. Highly recommended from someone who has tried practically every single one out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2009 1:25:00 AM More reviews by vicxon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

it feels so gross on my skin and the brush left red marks and made my acne worse after applying. and to make matters worse, it looked so gray and dull after i applied. i so don't recommend this and such a waste of my money. well never make the same mistake twice!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2009 7:06:00 AM More reviews by Grrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe this product actually has a low rating here.

I've tried a lot of mineral makeup from various brands, and I've almost given up on mineral makeup altogether. Either I was too shiny, ghost-faced (what's up with the whitish cast), orange-faced, ended up with rashes, or all of the above. I finally dismissed MMU as overrated and just another fad.

After a year-long break from mineral makeup, I chanced upon Revlon's version and decided to give this "fad" another ride. Boy oh boy! I've never looked back since. This is now my HG foundation --- no breakout; found the shade perfect for my skintone; no caking; no oxidizing; renders my skin with a flawless look; very buildable without the heavy feeling on my skin; blends well with my moisturizer (no streaking) even if I didn't have the time to let it dry first.

I love love love this Revlon MMU. I hope they never stop producing it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2009 11:31:00 PM More reviews by docshaaz

after hearing loads of comments about ths product being ashy,chalky,......i still went ahead and bought it.......i luv it......really.......my skin is a combination time....but i wear it with a base of good moisturiser atleast 10 minutes before......and i wear it over my revlon colourstay liquid.......let me tell u..it lasts me the whole day and my oiliness is well at bay......i luv this product and will ef repurchase....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by almost40

I bought this from my local market for £5 so the cost alone is a great selling point as this sells for £12 in chemists.I got it to try as I find using mineral powder foundation over my liquid foundation really makes my skin look great.I didn't want to pay £12 but a fiver was soooo cheap I had to give this a go.I love it! I got it in light/medium which I thought might be too dark but it was a perfect match for my fair skin.I don't like the brush in the lid so use my 109 and it goes on a dream,looks lovely over my foundation and lasts a good few hours.My skin doesn't look too matte which is ageing but doesn't shine either.I'm really pleased with my bargain find and have since bought two more while I can get them so cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2009 7:03:00 AM More reviews by bobbob616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, if you have combination or oily skin like me then mineral foundation is NOT for you. The mineral ingredients will draw moisture and make your skin even oilier. The packaging seemed great at first. It's convenient allowing you to just pop it into your handbag and use it when you're out without having to carry a brush. The brush is also retractable. However, the quality of the brush is sub-standard. It's scratchy and next to impossible to wash (yucky!).

The foundation itself provides light coverage but has a slightly orange tint to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2009 2:44:00 AM More reviews by beautyandmoi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay so I'm a newcomer to the mineral side of foundations, this is my only mineral foundation. I love this foundation, I have acne prone skin so you're probably thinking that this will not cover it enough or anything. Well surprisingly, it covers alot, and it looks natural too. I used to wear Dream Matte Mousse which I actually loved, and it covered well, but I didn't like how heavy it was on the skin, whereas this foundation feels like you aren't wearing anything while giving medium coverage. It doesn't cover ALL of my redness/blemishes, but it does cover 95% of them. The colour is perfect for my skintone also. What I'm NOT so keen on is the packaging. I agree, it is handy, many times I have been late for something and had to apply my makeup in the car so I want to bring the least amount of makeup possible so I like the little brush included then, but at home, I prefer to use my mini kabuki brush. The brush that is included isn't THAT scratchy to be honest, it's good for just being a brush that was included in it!

All in all I recommend this foundation and I would say it's the best I've tried hands down.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by spoiledka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tried this for a few weeks and hated it. I used it as setting powder over my colorstay foundation. For reference I use the oily/combo foundation in Buff but used this in fair/light. I don't see how this provides any coverage by using it by itself. As a setting powder I liked it at first but then i noticed my face would get super oily after wearing it for about an hour. I also noticed it tends to seperate on my skin once it gets oily. It makes my face look blotchy and I can not touch up because then it looks cakey. The packaging sucks really bad as well. The worst part is that this stuff has made me breakout bad. Nasty cystic kind under the skin that hurt. I'm still recovering from that. Revlon products have never made me breakout with the exception of this. Never again will i buy. ;(