April 21, 2014 | 1425 users online

Powder - Mary Kay - Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2009 10:56:00 AM More reviews by mel1smus

I didn't like this mineral foundation at all. I used Bare Minerals before, and I'll be going back. There is just no staying power at all. I noticed that the main ingredient is talc, which isn't even in Bare Minerals at all. I won't even be finishing the container.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by semor211

I love this powder. I usually use it as a finishing powder, not a foundation. I do sometimes use it alone as a foundation like on the weekends or when I'm just going to the grocery store or something. Would likely buy again when I run out... which based on the size of the packaging will not be soon at all!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 2:35:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product was not something i really got excited about. i got this in the bronze and it resulted in a just right shade except it was ashy. It ends up having a matte kind of finish which I hate, as it takes away moisture from the products i used before. I love the brush that it come with though. I feels so good. I like that it doesn't have a too heavy coverage. Just a mid kind of coverage which I love. My one true complain in this is that it can be drying and it makes my skin look ashy. Aside from that, I would have loved this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by tequierosparrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

works good when overtop of foundation but i see really no great covering power without some coverage already present underneath. works good when paired with mk foundation. i feel the same about this as the mk foundation though, its reliable, but im left wanting a bit. also, i question whether this stuff breaks me out. i dont really think it does but i do think that i need to be extra careful with my skin (eg drink lots of water! wash and tone appropriately) when wearing it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2009 7:39:00 PM More reviews by suttonrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this ever since it came out, I believe in December of 2007. I really like it but at the same time I am always looking for something new and better. It has never broken me out and it looks really natural and is easy to apply. I don't like the brush that came with it though. I use Trish Mcevoy's "The Point" brush, it's small, precise and you don't waste powder like you would when using a bigger brush. I have oily skin and I still have to blot a few times a day but this mineral powder works better than most. I have tried Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden, BE, my latest is MAC Studio Fix which broke me out imediately when I tried it.

It doesn't have really heavy coverage, I would say pretty moderate but I have several steps to my beauty regiment. I use Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel, followed by their redness relief protective base, Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer and then the mineral powder and bronzer to top it off. I am trying to use a better primer so the powder stays, Proactive Sheer Finish Mattifying Gel and MAC Prep+Prime Face Protect SPF 50 are the ones I am alternating to see which has the best result. I have huge pores and this does not accentuate them at all, in fact I think it makes them look much smaller, unlike Mac Studio Fix. I don't like feeling of liquid foundation so this is the best mineral powder I have found for oily skin/large pores. Ivory 2 works best for me and I am NW20 in MAC. Ivory 2 isn't too yellow or orange on me and doesn't oxidize.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by FOiLED

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This one was one case of love at first sight(or first application) that just did not last. Loved almost everything about this product. coverage was wonderful: moderate but natural looking in many lights, lol. Beige 2 color was almost perfect and you could only barely see the ashy sheen it had to it if you starred too long. Lasted through almost half the day. There were lots of 'almost' with this foundation, but I could deal with almost perfect. It almost didn't break me after one week of daily use. I can deal with all the other qualms, but not breakouts. As soon as I learned the culprit of the (then)latest breakout, back it went.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by ash41749

I switch from Bare Minerals to Mary Kay's mineral powder and I'm very satisfied. My skin has a tendency to get really oily throughout the day, something the Bare Minerals didn't help with at all, but MK's minerals really does well with keep the "shine" at bay. Also, I have fair skin and MK's Ivory 001 matches my skin perfectly, whereas I always had trouble findind a BM foundation to match my skin tone. The only bad thing about MK's minerals is that you have to build up the coverage more, moreso than BM for example.

Overall, I really do like this product. It looks natural and give me the appearance of beautiful skin, rather than a cakey hott-mess.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by normoes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had major problems with this product. I tried it several times over a period of a month, all with the same reaction. My face actually hurt everytime I put it on, and I did not find the coverage to look natural. It actually accentuated my pores.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by chboo12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is definitely one of my biggest regrets. It made me breakout after about 2 weeks of use...i loved the coverage and how it went on though. However, my skin did not adapt to it at all since my cheek had some blemishes due to it which took a realllllyyyy long time to go away (they finally did thanx to purpose bar soap/cleanser) but anyway I wouldn't recommend this product or ever buy it again, especially since it's also so messy.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2008 8:12:00 PM More reviews by dharbo

I don't think this is the worst mineral foundation but its not awesome either. First of all the colors aren't that great of a match. I am a true medium and Beige 1 is too dark, even if I try to lightly blend its still not a good color on me to get the coverage I want. Then Ivory 2 is too light. So I mix both to get my color. I try to do like BE and slowly build coverage but once I have medium coverage my skin feels dirty and dry. Even if I moisturize well it still feels dry and heavy. I'm glad this works for some, but doesn't for my skin.