November 23, 2014 | 1086 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Mariamcc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It has so many different uses. I apply it on my hair, cuticles, lips and skin. I will not travel without it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

Since my skin is oily and my hair is very thick and a bit dry, I have been using this product only on my hair. I would describe Josie Maran's Argan Oil as a lighter weight, less fragrant version of MoroccanOil in superior packaging. For me it's simply not as effective a product for dry/damaged hair as MoroccanOil is, and I do prefer the (admittedly stronger, but pleasant) scent of MoroccanOil. This product comes with a pipette delivery system that makes it easier to use than MoroccanOil, though, and definitely nicer for travel. If you are looking for a multi-use argan oil, then this is definitely a solid choice, but if dry/damaged hair is your primary concern then MoroccanOil is a better product, and similar in price.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by itzelc18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried this oil about three times and each time it would cause pimples to form on my face. I have pretty normal skin, not dry, not too oily, with no or rare breakouts. I am, however, sensitive to many ingredients in many products and will get pimples from certain things. I recently tried it a third time, applying it to my face at night, about a week ago and I ended up with four pimples on my face. I tried this product three times because I am always on the hunt for organic skincare products and this oil only has one ingredient and many people seem to like it. It does moisturize pretty nicely and gave my skin a glow, but I found that when I would stop using this product, I saw there was no real difference on my acne scars or skin texture. After testing it out three times over the course of one year, I think I won't buy it again, it doesn't make a long term difference to my skin, causes breakouts and the price is too much. Sensitive skin, beware.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

If you don't have dry skin, using this product on your face is a little bit of an overkill(especially in the summer). I'm all about organic and natural hair/skin products, but I felt like my face was covered in a layer of grease for the whole night after I applied it on my face. I did, however, like it for other uses.
FACE:
I live in California, it's dry here so I definitely like to use thicker moisturizers at night. I thought the consistency would be like a serum, so I first applied 3 drops to see if they'd cover my face. They didn't. I feel like if you want to apply a thin layer on your face, you really have to rub it all over your face. I'm not a fan of rubbing my face of any sort because I am terrified of wrinkles. I applied a few more drops to spread the product evenly on my face. My face felt greasy for a long time. I ended up blotting them off because I didn't want the oil to get on my silk pillow case. I think this may be a good product to use in the winter, but it was too much for me in the summer. I don't recommend using this alone. Mixing it with your night moisturizer will help spread the product easier.

LIPS/HAIR:
I definitely will be using this product for my lips and hair. When I apply it on my lips at night, they are always so moisturized in the morning. As for hair, I have damaged hair so I've always been applying argan oil as a leave in conditioner. I only apply a very small amount and it usually makes my hair shiny and soft. It's also a great detangler.

I guess it all depends on what you need Argan oil for. The price isn't very economical, but it didn't bother me since organic/natural products are usually more expensive anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Lipstickjunkie4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is another one of my favorites. I have oily skin and this balanced it out and kept my skin soft and supple. This is truly an amazing product! Another score from Josie Maran!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by mgibbs

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the whole bottle before I reviewed this and it's simply an ok moisturizer. It does
nothing for wrinkles or anti aging. Waste of money for me. I recently bought Marula oil
at Sephora and have been using it for a little over a week and can see a difference in
my skin. I'll wait a few more weeks and review it.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Aedwards1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've wanted to try this but just didn't know about putting oil on my face and truthfully the price. But I got a sample for my birthday as Sephora and was floored. My skin looks amazing! I will never use anything ever again. I'm 46 and my skin is changing. A getting older thing I guess. This just works. For me it's a no brainer!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Jennaglamorous6

I used this product for approx. 2 months. It did moisturize very well but it is so expensive. And 1-2 drops was not enough to cover my whole face. It did not make my face oily. I do not know if it helped with my acne because i was also using an acne cleanser and nightly spot treatment gel but it did not cause any break outs. I do not know if it faded any dark spots since I only used it for two months. When I ran out I switched to a cheaper moisturizer which I like very much (Yes To Cucumbers). But if I ever have extra money I will definitely repurchase Josie Maran Argan Oil

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I honestly can't stand this stuff. I have very oily skin with large pores and redness issues so I was already not particularly enamoured with the idea of spreading oil all over my face anyway, but I received a bottle of it in my Sephora's bestsellers box and decided to give it a try as a night moisturiser. My skin feels fairly normal when I do this after I wake up - normal for me being a little "dewy" all over and quite oily on my forehead - so there are no negatives about it. But it feels the same as if I had not bothered to wash my face after using my makeup wipes the night before. So there's no point in even using it at all.

When I try it as a day moisturiser, however, it never absorbs. After lunch I can touch my neck and still feel it sitting on top of my skin. This is without putting any makeup on top of it. I tried it for several days just to see if my skin would get used to it and it never did. Oil moisturising is just not for me. This oil is super expensive so I will definitely never buy it again and wish I could swap the rest of it for something I would actually use.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by BritMC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

We used to sell a mad amount of this product at Sephora, so I decided to try it out for myself as i have normal/dry skin. The packaging is a bottle with a little dropper inside. I typically hate droppers, but since its a fluid oil, the dropper is more ideal. Only a drop or two is enough for your whole face and neck. I would rub the oil between the finger tips and gently massage over my face, patting it in afterwards. It takes a little while to soak in, and feels quite slick for the first few minutes. Its certainly something you would probably want to use at night rather than the morning.
As for results, it did help keep my skin moisturized, nothing dramatic though. I have a few mild acne scars, and I saw no results in terms of fading. A little warning, for those of you who have tiny hard white bumps on your face, known as "milia", this is NOT for you. I get occasional milia (a pain in the butt, as they can't be popped) and this product made it ten times worse. This was before I was aware of oil contributing to the formation of milia. Just want to let any of you who have this problem to stay away from this oil at all costs. Other than that, i found the argan oil to be a very basic moisturizing oil suitable for dryer skin, and especially mature aging skin. It also works great for cuticles, elbows, knees and other dry areas, as well as hair. Don't expect it to do anything miraculous though, as it won't.

I'd also like to point out that it is 100% Argan Oil, so it can be easily obtained elsewhere for less than half the price. Josie Maran is a higher end cosmetic line, so of course they are going to mark up the price.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No