October 26, 2014 | 1046 users online

Treatments (Face) - Walgreens - Alpha Hydroxy Lotion 8%

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by kmorse4219

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best product! I have tried all kinds of high end to drugstore brands and this is by far the best. It does not make my oily acne prone skin worse and as a matter of fact if I do suffer from a break out it clears right up with this lotion. I only apply it at night before bed and it has made a signifigant difference in my complexion. I have been using it for about a month now and would definately purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 4:12:00 AM More reviews by aquastarz01

i LOVE this product! its has provided me more improvements in my skin then the most expensive brands. I've tried products which would sometimes be valued up to $200. i am on my 2nd jar and the magic hasn't stopped not to mention its last for a while. I've been using it for about 6 months already!! give it a try its not at all expensive :)
-----------UPDATE----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still using this product its is my HG product. It is the only product for me. I recently tried Benzaclin ( I guess i was bored after using this for about 1yr and a half) but it just made my skin worse, so i came back to this and just after one application made it so much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 9:21:00 AM More reviews by palmtree714

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thank you all for your helpful comments and reviews. I have lived with my super sensitive, itchy oily skin for years now. Everything I try irritates my skin and just makes it worse. Today, what a difference. Two weeks of using this product before bed, along with some emu oil and I wake up in the morning with soft fresh skin and a HUGE SMILE on my face. This is also one of the cheapest products I have ever bought. The tub is huge and will last me a long time. My HG product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by cuoremia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! AHAs seem to work great for my skin, and this product is no exception. I have been using it for about a week, once per night and sometimes during the day. It does sting and make my skin itch for several minutes after application, even though my skin is not sensitive.

I can't believe how great my skin looks! The texture is so much smoother, and makeup applies better. Also, I suffered from post acne hyperpigmentation, and the spots are all at least 80% reduced, with some being completely gone. I mean, I've had these same marks for about a year or more! After one week's of use they're almost gone. Amazing!

What's even better is that some of my rolling/pitted scars are beginning to soften (I have them on my temples, the apple of my left cheek, and the middle of my right cheek). I have had these scars for YEARS. I can't believe it. I am in awe of this product. :D I think with continued use, these scars will be gone.

NOTE: For 2 days, I used a bit of this around the eye area, hoping to help the fine lines under my eyes, and it really irritated the skin. The fine lines turned into wrinkles (gasp!) for a day, and now the skin is flaking like crazy. Same thing happened with my neck. Just a word of caution if applying to sensitive skin/areas.

EDIT: It's been about 2 weeks, and I still love this. I have found that my face no longer gets as oily throughout the day. I don't even need to touch up on powder like I used to. Also, my pores are starting to become more refined. My skin still itches and tingles for about 10 minutes after application.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Scarlett0722

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After reading the glowing reviews for this product I went out of my way to Walgreens (I'm a CVS-er). I put this product on after I shower (and am not leaving the house) and/or at night before bed. This product spreads very easily, so little is needed. I sort of dab one finger into it and apply - usually takes 1 1/2 dabs to cover my face. It doesn't really have a fragrance to speak of. Initial application of this product will produce mild stinging, within a few applications it all but disappears. When I apply it to my face it sinks in after a bit and I feel dewy (I have combo/oily skin). I find if I pick at my skin - with a blackhead/blemish extractor after applying this product that things purge more readily. The overall result of using this product is more even-toned and refined skin. I find my skin much less blotchy, softer, and fewer blemishes. Note: Anytime you use alpha hydroxy products you are thinning the skin and making it more sensitive to light - sunscreen daily is crucial.

Additionally, I use this product on my upper arms where I have ___(i forget the name of the condition and I'm too tired to google), but it causes bumpy scaly little sort of dry skin bumps. This products sloughs them off and makes for normal feeling skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 12:10:00 PM More reviews by kristina5475

Totally true. I contacted Walgreens about this product. It's discontinued. HOWEVER, a lot of times when they discontinue products which sell really well, they are only changing the name and/or packaging of the product. Be patient, the product will be available again soon. Yippee. (I'm glad I stocked up)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 10:21:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies - do not panic - this product is NOT being discontinued. I contacted Walgreens corporate - according to Shannon Sullivan (Purchasing Coordinator - Beauty - Skincare) this product is now going to be called "W Alpha Hydroxy Cream" and all that is happening is due to name change, there is going to be packaging changes NOT a discontinuation of the product itself - so no worries!!!!! :)

PS - This is my HG night time moisturizer - clear, glowing skin, no irritations, inexpensive - I don't mind the tub, so A+++++

7/14/09 UPDATE - I have had several nice gals ask me this question and so I'm adding it to my review: Unfortunately, I did not think to ask Ms. Sullivan if there was going to be a lag between the old packaging and the new packaging that would lead to empty shelves and if so, for how long, nor did she give me this info. I wish I had thought to ask. I guess it is going to depend on where you live (based on the emails I'm getting.) I have been to a couple of different Walgreens in the past couple of days and each had a few tubs of this still on the shelf, w/ no discount or sale sticker anywhere to be seen, yet I know other folks living in other places (I live in the Twin Cities) are having problems locating....

07/15/09 UPDATE - Due to the level of interest that has been expressed to me, I emailed Ms. Sullivan again this a.m. to find out what the lag time will be between the old packaging being sold out and the new stuff being issues. Will advise if/when I hear back.

11/03/09 UPDATE - well I never did hear back from Walgreen's corporate - o well. I did see 5 tubs at one of my local Walgreen's today, so some markets still have it on the shelf...:)

14 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by rinstarangel

I was so sad when I saw the review below saying it was getting discontinued. I ran to my local one and bought the last two even though I still have an almost full one at home. (Does anyone know how long the backups will stay good for?--Message me!) I use this every night before bed, after my witch hazel toner, and I have not seen my pores so small and unclogged before! I am in love! It's also seeming to help with the creases in my forehead. I don't know what I'm going to do when this is gone. =(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by sabrinafabbott

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LADIES!!! LISTEN TO ME!!! This product is being discontinued! Go buy all of them in your town. Right now. I am stocking up in Gainesville, Florida, so please don't guy buy all of them up today while I'm at work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ladies RUN don't walk to your local Walgreens and buy this HG product! I suddenly suffered from two weeks of blemishes on my chin...seriously, I had a new pimple EVERY DAY!! I'll admit I've only been using this for 7 days, but I can honestly say, my blemishes- GONE, pores-SHRUNK, skin-LOOKING AWESOME, GLOWING!!! One thing that I've found to be VERY important is to simply use this sparingly and "pat" it on, do not RUB onto skin (this prevents any stinging, and my skin soaks this up instantly). One last thing, I didn't experiance any purging. UDATE 8/27/09-Happy to say I'm still loving this stuff! It can dry my skin a bit if I use too much, but other than that HG status fo me!!! I recommended this to a relative to was suffering from BAD acne! She purchased it and w/in a week noticed a big difference in her complextion.