August 2, 2014 | 1003 users online

Loose Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by nick7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lovely powder, sets foundation but looks very natural! Massive pot for the money so would recomend to anyone who likes aloose powder!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted this work for me but after a month of use, I have to say it does not. I've used this this with both Vitalumiere Aqua and Pro Lumiere and had the same effect of overly drying from this loose powder.

Every time I used this to set my foundation it would settle into lines, pores and would make me look very dehydrated. So I would only use it on my forehead where I have most of my shine. Then I started to break out from it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by hetsy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A lovely product however i shall not be purchasing this again as I have found just found my HG powder (Chantecaile) however on the whole this is a solid product. It leaves a lovely natural finish however my face does need a couple of touch ups through the day/night.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by anna5858

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunately, the lightest shade, "Translucent 1," is too dark for my very fair, cool toned skin. While at Macy's, I tried this on, and it looked great, so I bought it (I believe it's $52). Gives a BEAUTIFUL airbrushed finish, that looks great during the day. Doesn't offer too much coverage, but makes skin look very pretty. After I purchased it and started wearing it, I noticed that it was definitely darker than my skin color. Because there is a little bit of peach in this powder, it turned my skin a peachy/light tan. Very minimally, yet I noticed. Even darkened the spots where I put concealer. I wish it were more neutral toned, but it's not. I have a very hard time wearing most Chanel products, with the exception of the "Tweed" collection. Most colors run very warm, and I am very cool, so they don't work.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by celegia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this powder in 20 clair after I read in some blog that it's the key for Keira Knighley's flawless skin. I've always admired her beautiful skin, so I decided to skip the foundation, which is usually too yellow and heavy on my face. For reference, I'm nc 25/nw 20 and I've always had trouble in choosing the right colour for me, because I have a light olive tone on my face and a very fair tone on my neck.
Now I pair le blanc base and this powder and the result is amazing. For the first time in my life I've reached the "Snow white effect"! This powder is so soft and transparent and it's quite a luxury treat. I'd just recommend not to use it too much to avoid the ghost and cakey look. Use a brush to apply it and not the puff in the packaging.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I cannot believe that I found this amazingly soft and wonderful powder! It is so finely milled that settles as a dream, and used with a light hand sets my make up gorgeously without looking over-powdered. I usually do not have a light hand, though, but still it is very forgiving.
I have it in "20 Clair-Transluscent 1". There is no scent that I can detect and does not break me up, so far. I still have to see how it performs when the weather turns hot.
Looking at the mirror, I think that my face looks more even, the soft acne dips I have seem to diffuse, and I am really curious of how it would look on photos. Do not get me wrong - it is not Photoshop in a container. I just love how it softly evens out my skin and make it glow while still being matte. And it does not sparkle.
The container is great and sturdy and I cannot see why people complain about the big size and the holes in the sift. Frankly, if I want to take my powder with me when I travel I would buy the pressed form. The big container is for my boudoir and there's that. I actually removed the plastic cover with the holes and freely dip my brush in, than having to make it spit out some powder every morning, which then I have to hunt about with the brush.
The price is very high. I will see how long this will last in order to evaluate it better. What annoys me is that in Greek sales when all other brands take 25% off, Chanel only drops to 10%. Still, I would buy it again and again when it finishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by amie246

I love all Chanel packaging and how chic and elegant they all are. I find that this is really get as a setting powder over foundation or TM. It gives off a matte look which is a plus. However when you apply it to bare skin, I found that it had no effect. It didn't even out my skintown or make me look super good.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by hellokatieeeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually use Chanel's double perfection powder but I wanted to try something a little lighter not as heavy (although i love the double perfection powder for going out) I just have to say that this is becoming my everyday powder. It's perfect, not too thick, not to thin. No shininess and it doesn't leave a chalky finish like other mineral powders. I think the price is a steal, it's 52 dollars but you get so much more, 3x more than the double perfection powder. The container that it comes in is so large, it really doesnt end up being much more expensive, if at all more, than competing brands. I've found my new love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by ella343

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to laugh at myself: $52 on loose powder, when I've got dry, fine-textured skin and rarely wear foundation. Did I need this? Did I need T. LeClerc, or Shu Uemura, or Caron, or Kevyn Aucoin, for that matter?

Then, somewhat to my astonishment, I found myself reaching for it every day. The powder is milled so extraordinarily fine it's quite invisible on the skin. There's no coverage. Instead, the powder is purely light-reflective, blurring over minute textural imperfections such as fine lines and pores while adding an incredible luminosity to the skin. In the vein of Touche Eclat, the base has milky peachy-pink tones, just enough to brighten sallow, tired skin, irradiated with imperceptible silver iridescence. In particular, this picks up beautifully under flash photography; it enhances the natural inner glow of the skin while muting shine, though this is not the powder to blot oil, by any means. I'd recommend this primarily for dry, mature, or dull skin.

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by AgentM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go to loose powder. Have used it on and off for the past 10 years trying other loose powders but always go back to this as think it is the best. I use Clair - Translucent 1 and have light yellow based Oriental skin and it matches me but as it is sheer it will match anyway. It is very finely milled so no powdery/flour look and meshes with skin and makes your skin natural matt. On it's own it gives me that super natural polished look and slightly evens out skin tone and minor imperfections. With a liquid powder it sets the foundation well (I use powder puff and press and roll method) and doesn't change the colour of your foundation and improves the wear and longevity. I have oily skin with very oily T-zone so I will get shiny in the T-zone after 4 hours wear and will need to blot and dust pressed powder. I don't expect a loose powder to keep me shine free all day as it can't. It costs 30 in UK so not cheap but it is a large tub and so lasts a long time. The packaging is lovely but not travel friendly as there is nothing to cover the sifter holes -powder can come up easily so you can have loads in the top part of the container. There is very small minute mica particles but you have to look very close (almost touching the mirror) and with a spotlight, so it doesn't sparkle in daylight or with spotlight and so it looks very natural. Unlike Estee Lauder Lucidity, Giorgio Armani Micro-fil and La Mer loose powder all which have sparkly mica particles and shine in sunlight and spotlight. Personally I hate that look as skin shouldn't sparkle! Oh and for me personally it has never caused me to break out or have allergic reaction. It also photos well with/without flash and causes no flash back.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No