August 22, 2014 | 1661 users online

Loose Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by dennymc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this powder. Have used this for the past year, great for fixing foundation. Also use over moisturiser as a quick 'run out the door' look, which I find works very well. Skin looks flawless and even. Will repurchase when in years to come it will eventually run out!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by sohvi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this one in Peche Clair, which is a very light apricot colour. When I bought this, me and the saleswoman were debating whether I should get the Clair or the Peche Clair. While my skin is really fair, I have problems with redness around my nose. Plus I have to be careful with not looking too deadly. For foundation, I'm using Vitalumière in Clair right now-while I like its dewy look, you definately need powder to set it. So we settled on the Peche Clair because it gave me a more "healthy" look.
It's perfect with my foundation (which can sometimes be a tad too dark/yellow, but makes my skintone look super healthy), really perfects it. This combo photographs very well. The Poudre universelle libre seems to have sort of an airbrushing effect, I do not know how to describe it properly. It diffuses light in the most flattering way. The scent is light, almost non-detectable.
BTW, I don't use the puff that comes with it. I use a powder brush. I brush it over my foundation, put on my blush and set my blush after that as well.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS POWDER!!

It makes my skin look so soft and supple, like there's a feathering/blurring effect! It's also nearly impossible to over-apply with this powder because it is so fine..

However, I hate the powder puff that comes with it. After you wash the puff, it's never the same. There are some hard chunks on it. I have to wash any puff everytime I use it cos I'm OCD like that, so this puff is frustrating to me.

Also, there are too many holes for this powder. Like, too much product is dispensed onto the puff, I only cut half of the plastic film off and it works great.

Will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I can't give it low marks, because it does indeed do what others have noted. Gives a nice satin finish, absorbs oil as much as a powder can, and looks good in photographs. Doesn't add too much color but won't give you the white cast that many transluscent white powders do (i.e. MUFE HD or LM). Great everyday setting powder. HOWEVER, I won't buy again because honestly what I've found is that there are cheaper powders out there that do the exact same. While it may be relatively hard to find a powder that doesn't make you dry and chalky looking, there are indeed some lower cost ones that will give a satin finish. For $50, I was expecting even more like perhaps a glowy halo effect without the obvious sparkles. As good as it was for everyday use, it didn't do all THAT. If you have money to blow, definitely get this as an everyday powder. Otherwise, if you look hard enough I think there are powders that will do the same (if anything, a lighter hand of a silky mineral foundation will give the same effect IMO). But I'm not convinced that this is the absolute best and only natural finish powder, so it's not worth the price for me personally.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by gc2011

This is the best loose powder I've used, ever. It's finely milled and sets your makeup like nothing else. It also lasts for a very long time - so no worries on price - if you use this regularly you'll get your money's worth.

I use the translucent color - the others are too dark for my fair, cool-toned skin.

Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by nick7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lovely powder, sets foundation but looks very natural! Massive pot for the money so would recomend to anyone who likes aloose powder!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted this work for me but after a month of use, I have to say it does not. I've used this this with both Vitalumiere Aqua and Pro Lumiere and had the same effect of overly drying from this loose powder.

Every time I used this to set my foundation it would settle into lines, pores and would make me look very dehydrated. So I would only use it on my forehead where I have most of my shine. Then I started to break out from it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by hetsy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A lovely product however i shall not be purchasing this again as I have found just found my HG powder (Chantecaile) however on the whole this is a solid product. It leaves a lovely natural finish however my face does need a couple of touch ups through the day/night.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by anna5858

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunately, the lightest shade, "Translucent 1," is too dark for my very fair, cool toned skin. While at Macy's, I tried this on, and it looked great, so I bought it (I believe it's $52). Gives a BEAUTIFUL airbrushed finish, that looks great during the day. Doesn't offer too much coverage, but makes skin look very pretty. After I purchased it and started wearing it, I noticed that it was definitely darker than my skin color. Because there is a little bit of peach in this powder, it turned my skin a peachy/light tan. Very minimally, yet I noticed. Even darkened the spots where I put concealer. I wish it were more neutral toned, but it's not. I have a very hard time wearing most Chanel products, with the exception of the "Tweed" collection. Most colors run very warm, and I am very cool, so they don't work.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by celegia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this powder in 20 clair after I read in some blog that it's the key for Keira Knighley's flawless skin. I've always admired her beautiful skin, so I decided to skip the foundation, which is usually too yellow and heavy on my face. For reference, I'm nc 25/nw 20 and I've always had trouble in choosing the right colour for me, because I have a light olive tone on my face and a very fair tone on my neck.
Now I pair le blanc base and this powder and the result is amazing. For the first time in my life I've reached the "Snow white effect"! This powder is so soft and transparent and it's quite a luxury treat. I'd just recommend not to use it too much to avoid the ghost and cakey look. Use a brush to apply it and not the puff in the packaging.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No