September 17, 2014 | 1707 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No 5 Eau Premiere

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Corporate_Stooge

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me let you know how big 5 ounces: is it's a lot! This is a big bottle and it's a good thing I like it. I used to use #5 and #22. This is like a bridge between them it's has a white quality that I like. Wish I knew more about it but it's great because we are just getting into the long hot and humid summer of the beach in South Carolina. So now that I can I am going to put this in the fridge so I can spritz myself before I leave:-)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 12:36:00 AM More reviews by dani7865

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this. I liked the original Chanel no. 5, but this, I LOVE! I have to agree that it does not last all that long, but if you layer it with the Velvet Body Cream Chanel no. 5 it does help somewhat. It is a beautiful fragrance, and I am consistantly getting compliments, and asked about what that beautiful fragrance is. It is definitely something that is not to heavy for summer, yet I could see wearing it all winter. I just wished that it lasted longer, as I have to reapply often so I had to decant some into an atomizer so I don't have to lug the bottle around as they do not make a refillable one like the original no. 5.

LOVELY!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by MandaLuv1119

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

An infinitely more lovable Chanel No.5. Some of the classic aldehydes were replaced with lemon, while some vanilla was added in the base. I've found that everyone's experiences with this fragrance are different, but on me the drydown is a lovely powdery vanilla. Contrary to some reviews, I find the lasting power quite satisfactory as it lasts for several hours. Eau Premiere is elegant and refined, but warm and inviting at the same time. I am only giving it four lippies instead of five because I prefer the Sensual Elixir.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by traes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this, but it simply doesn't last long enough. I spray about 10 sprays of this on in the morning and there's barely a whisper of it by noon. I need to reapply multiple times during the day. I'll be through this 5 oz. bottle by the end of summer. So I won't be purchasing another bottle. I'm not crazy about the original Chanel No. 5 and love the nice citrusy notes in this one. But I can get similar citrus notes in Shalimar Light, so I'll just continue to wear that after this is gone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by ParisTroika

This is the fragrance that brought me onto the No. 5 bandwagon. I am not a huge fan of No. 5, but this reinterpretation makes it entirely wearable for me. I really pick up on the jasmine middle note in this. No aldehydes (though I do not mind aldehydes, I adore Jean Patou Joy) and much less powdery. This is not cloying and very much a joy to wear daily. I layer this with No. 5 body lotion and I stay beautifully fragrant all day without being overpowering.

I purchased the 2.5 oz at Saks and have been delighting in it ever since! Much lighter than it's big sister, No. 5. For me this scent is somewhere between Coco Mademoiselle (perfect for a woman in her twenties or very late teens) and No. 5. This is a perfect transition scent for me at 29. More mature than Mademoiselle (which I adore) but not quite the older woman of No. 5. Truly delightful. Love, love, love it!

UPDATE August 2012: STILL loving this at 32...I go between this and Mademoiselle. It is too upscale for my office, but truly a lovely fragrance. I always receive compliments when I wear it and people can't believe it is No. 5 because I do not smell "old lady" to them (it's the lack of aldehydes!) I keep loving this and coming back to it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by chloie9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Luminous, ethereal, warm, sexy....and yet it's still your mother's no. 5! I just purchased the Eau Premiere in the "value" sized bottle....$125 for 5 oz of eternal beauty-what a bargain! Jacques Polge claims to have created Eau Premiere for ladies who "didn't think no. 5 was for them" and he's hit his mark. my mother always had a bottle of no. 5 parfum and it always looked so elegant on her dressing table, but it was such a knockout fragrance it never tempted me as a youngster to dab some on my own wrists...it was just too much. even now though my tastes have matured...I find no. 5 beautiful in theory, but not in practice. Eau Premiere has changed all that...it's like a breath of fresh air was breathed into the venerable classic, rendering it lighter, fresher, more buoyant and sparkling....yet its still warm and enveloping. if this had been on my mother's dressing table, I'd surely have been tempted. over and over again.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere at first seemed to me a light, bright #5.
But later the synths and wood notes in the base dominated, so it was a no-go for me. There seems to be some controversy as to whether Eau Premiere has aldehydes or not. Nordies told me it does, and fwiw my perception is yes also.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by lizzdd

I LOVE this scent. Chanel No 5 has always been a bit too much for me, but this is, though related in scent a bit, lighter and more fragrant. This is a definite sample to try when you're around the Chanel counter to see if you like it. I started with the sample and then was hooked.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 5:13:00 AM More reviews by MellyHelly

I really like Eau Premiere! I don't own it, but I wear it from testers and samples and enjoy! It smells quite different from classic n5. They have a lot in common on the floral notes and some aldehydes, but then Eau Premiere works in a different way on my skin.
It starts very jasmin (and Baby Shampoo Johnson's!) and in 30 or more it becomes sweetly powdery and lemony. The klemon cut off the typical musty smell. It actually smells like lemon powdery vanilla which is exactly what Shalimar Light smells on me! Almost exactly the same evolution and drydown, eau Premiere being more floral and Shalimar Light more lemony.
I would say it's kind of sexy smell for me, a skin scent with some sweet vanilla. I'm not sure it is sexy for everyone. My best friend, who is almost the only man commenting my scents, doesn't care for these kind of scents.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by ninamichaela

Powdery white floral. Which reminds me of Estee Lauders White Linen.
Not so modern, I'm sorry.
A classic definitely, but still a bit mumsy to me.