Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere

4.3

I am a fan of the original No5, but Eau Premiere has overtaken it by being infinitely more wearable. Eau Premiere can take you from work to weekend to night out any time of the year IMHO. I still love No 5 EDP but will keep it for nights out in autumn and winter.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is a triumph. I too am one of those people who respect, but don't love, the original Chanel No. 5. To paraphrase Viktoria from Bois de Jasmin's brilliant comparison, the original is like stiff satin to Eau Premiere's cashmere. Something about the nose-prickling aldehydes, fustiness and wilted flowers of No. 5 meant that I just couldn't wear it. This is a brilliant riff on the original. The patrician bone structure of No. 5 is still perceptible but it is softened somewhat by toning down the aldehydes and amping up some gorgeous fresh citrus notes. As you would expect with Chanel, the quality of the raw materials is evident. . Sparkling and fresh in summer, but I think it would also be a lovely, shimmering, frosty weather scent.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Awww maaaaan. Why'd I have to go and spray the sample on myself?!?!? I fell head over heels in one second. BAM!

But then, it happened. The same thing that happens to me with the original No. 5 and most other Chanel fragrances - it disappeared. It went from Chanel No. 5 mixed w/ sweet lemonade on a sunny day, to sweet powder, to GONE in about 30 minutes. :-( I don't know if it's just my skin or if Chanel fragrances are weak, but they just don't last long enough to justify the price.

Even so, I would just die if I could find something that smelled like that initial spray.

Let me let you know how big 5 ounces: is it's a lot! This is a big bottle and it's a good thing I like it. I used to use #5 and #22. This is like a bridge between them it's has a white quality that I like. Wish I knew more about it but it's great because we are just getting into the long hot and humid summer of the beach in South Carolina. So now that I can I am going to put this in the fridge so I can spritz myself before I leave:-)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really love this. I liked the original Chanel no. 5, but this, I LOVE! I have to agree that it does not last all that long, but if you layer it with the Velvet Body Cream Chanel no. 5 it does help somewhat. It is a beautiful fragrance, and I am consistantly getting compliments, and asked about what that beautiful fragrance is. It is definitely something that is not to heavy for summer, yet I could see wearing it all winter. I just wished that it lasted longer, as I have to reapply often so I had to decant some into an atomizer so I don't have to lug the bottle around as they do not make a refillable one like the original no. 5.

LOVELY!!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

An infinitely more lovable Chanel No.5. Some of the classic aldehydes were replaced with lemon, while some vanilla was added in the base. I've found that everyone's experiences with this fragrance are different, but on me the drydown is a lovely powdery vanilla. Contrary to some reviews, I find the lasting power quite satisfactory as it lasts for several hours. Eau Premiere is elegant and refined, but warm and inviting at the same time. I am only giving it four lippies instead of five because I prefer the Sensual Elixir.

I love this, but it simply doesn't last long enough. I spray about 10 sprays of this on in the morning and there's barely a whisper of it by noon. I need to reapply multiple times during the day. I'll be through this 5 oz. bottle by the end of summer. So I won't be purchasing another bottle. I'm not crazy about the original Chanel No. 5 and love the nice citrusy notes in this one. But I can get similar citrus notes in Shalimar Light, so I'll just continue to wear that after this is gone.

This is the fragrance that brought me onto the No. 5 bandwagon. I am not a huge fan of No. 5, but this reinterpretation makes it entirely wearable for me. I really pick up on the jasmine middle note in this. No aldehydes (though I do not mind aldehydes, I adore Jean Patou Joy) and much less powdery. This is not cloying and very much a joy to wear daily. I layer this with No. 5 body lotion and I stay beautifully fragrant all day without being overpowering.

I purchased the 2.5 oz at Saks and have been delighting in it ever since! Much lighter than it's big sister, No. 5. For me this scent is somewhere between Coco Mademoiselle (perfect for a woman in her twenties or very late teens) and No. 5. This is a perfect transition scent for me at 29. More mature than Mademoiselle (which I adore) but not quite the older woman of No. 5. Truly delightful. Love, love, love it!

UPDATE August 2012: STILL loving this at 32...I go between this and Mademoiselle. It is too upscale for my office, but truly a lovely fragrance. I always receive compliments when I wear it and people can't believe it is No. 5 because I do not smell "old lady" to them (it's the lack of aldehydes!) I keep loving this and coming back to it!!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Luminous, ethereal, warm, sexy....and yet it's still your mother's no. 5! I just purchased the Eau Premiere in the "value" sized bottle....$125 for 5 oz of eternal beauty-what a bargain! Jacques Polge claims to have created Eau Premiere for ladies who "didn't think no. 5 was for them" and he's hit his mark. my mother always had a bottle of no. 5 parfum and it always looked so elegant on her dressing table, but it was such a knockout fragrance it never tempted me as a youngster to dab some on my own wrists...it was just too much. even now though my tastes have matured...I find no. 5 beautiful in theory, but not in practice. Eau Premiere has changed all that...it's like a breath of fresh air was breathed into the venerable classic, rendering it lighter, fresher, more buoyant and sparkling....yet its still warm and enveloping. if this had been on my mother's dressing table, I'd surely have been tempted. over and over again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere at first seemed to me a light, bright #5.
But later the synths and wood notes in the base dominated, so it was a no-go for me. There seems to be some controversy as to whether Eau Premiere has aldehydes or not. Nordies told me it does, and fwiw my perception is yes also.

Popular Fragrances