October 2, 2014 | 1543 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - 27 - Yachiyo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by ohtwicemyburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ooooooh, Yachiyo...I wanna cuddle with you! Such a beautiful, luscious, soft brush, and as perfect as can be. Don't be fooled by its delicate handle! Yachiyo promises to be the best thing to happen to your makeup routine since blush was invented. For example: I dip this into Desire (BRIGHT PINK), don't even tap it, apply right to my apple, and.....I'm glowing. If I did the same with NARS' blush brush, I'd look like a doll gone horribly wrong. Yachiyo is so lovely, I can't believe I hadn't invested in it sooner. You can contour, highlight, give your cheeks a pop of color, ANYTHING, and it will look as natural as the day you were born. Lit from within, with perfect skin and amazing cheek bones. This is worth $200, and is a steal at a mere $50. I'm retiring my MAC 188 from powder colors and keeping it for cream only.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a blush brush and decided to try this brush after reading the great reviews. The brush head is the perfect size and shape for applying blush. It isn't the softest brush I've had but soft enough and definately not scratchy. It applies and blends blush beautifully, even pigmented blushes. I do use the MAC 187 for the most pigmented blushes though. I really like the look of the brush itself, there's a rustic yet delicate feel about it. I would definately repurchase if needed. EDIT: Took off a lippie as it has become a little scratchy after 4 months.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by addercat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I cannot believe I even briefly hesitated to buy this brush. It is absolutely perfect. I have fair - medium skin, and with this brush I can wear pretty much any blush color and apply it with ease and not look like a clown. It's pretty and soft and hasn't shed yet and you will not regret buying this brush! <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Rholynn

Ladies and gentlemen, I can now apply blush with ease and it comes out flawless everytime....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect blush brush. Before I purchased this I didn't realize just how big a difference the right brush could make. The brush itself is elegant and pretty, but the real treat is the lit-from-within, natural result. I love all of the NARS brushes I've used thus far, but this one is definitely my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by FabianaFarrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

THE BEST brush I've ever owned! If you're hesitating about buying this for any reason, DON'T. Why? (1) There's the Yachiyo, & then there's every other blush brush out there -- w/ VERY, very few exceptions of any sort: & even the exceptions still aren't the Yachiyo. (2) The difference between flawless, "lit-from-within", 100% natural-looking blush, and the all-too-common unrealistic-looking blush that just lies on top of your skin in powdery streaks? Yep: Yachiyo. Due to this inescapable fact I was never even wiling to wear powder-based blushes at all until Yachiyo. (3) In delivery & application, the angelically soft, superbly hand-crafted Yachiyo is synonymous with the words "subtle" as well as "buildable". Quite the combination! (4) And this means the Yachiyo also enables you to wear a greater variety of blush colours than you EVER thought you could (NB: thus also expanding your lip colour & eye shadow wardrobes: so be prepared, lol!). Just think of that dazzling shade of Nars blush -- or Chanel, or Dior, or Mac, or etc., etc. -- you've always "wished you could wear" but never have, b/c you "didn't think you could quite get away w/it". Well, with the Yachiyo you now CAN! (5) Hence instead of showing the same old tired face to the world, by acquiring the Yachiyo you've actually just opened the doors to a whole new fresh ARRAY of beautiful "looks" -- looks through which others will now perceive you in newly flattering & intriguing ways. Just say YES to Yachiyo!

21 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by getvampd

Can I just say that I love this brush?? I am a bit partial because I work for NARS, but we have the best brushes. This brush is part of our Kabuki series (see brushes #21 (ita, great for highlighting), #28 (wide ita, great for contouring and the #20 (botan, great for buffing)). They are traditional japanese brushes based on the Kabuki theatre and Geisha makeup brushes (watch for this type of brush in Memoirs of a Geisha while Chiyo is applying her makeup for the first time, it is white). This one in particular is perfect! The dome cut Super Goat (which is stronger than regular goat) head makes application flawless everytime. Your traditional blush brush is cut more flat which can leave even us professionals with the occasional streaks. The handle is hand wrapped in wisteria, for an ergonomic grip. The bristles are also hand folded for less shedding. This brush will be an investment that you will not regret. It is simply the best. Branch out and use it for applying highlighting powders and bronzers. Extremely versatile!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by hanging_garden

I love this brush; it's so cute! It's part of NARS' line of Kabuki Artisan Brushes. Like another user, I didn't think it looked like much after I got it (beauty.com order). It looks flimsy, but the slender handle is actually flexible but sturdy. The brush head is made of black goat hair and feels smooth and soft. When I started using it, I was surprised at its ability to concentrate color and diffuse it at the same time. I also have the MAC 187 brush, and think that's also great for use with pigmented blushes, but the smaller tapered head of Yachiyo allows for greater placement control. Admittedly, by design, skunk brushes do provide a lighter, softer application. (I did a test with EDM's Wake Up Call blush side by side on my hand.) So they might be best for really intense colors. But something like the 187 isn't designed specifically for blush so it does have drawbacks, while Yachiyo is ideal. I don't have a 188 so I can't compare. But I do have MAC 116 blush brush and the Yachiyo has a fuller head. Overall, I think this brush is great and would probably buy it again if I ever lost it. Oh, if you think $50 is too much to drop on a brush, Japonesque has a dupe for half the price. They just call it Kabuki Brush: Bamboo/Goat. I don't know how it compares, though. Below are some pics I took (click continued) of the Yachiyo with the box it came in and one of it in my hand to show relative size. But to be fair, I have somewhat small hands. lol :)

UPDATE: I reviewed this originally on 3/7/2009; it's almost 2014. I still have this same exact brush. I still use and love it. Mine does not shed, even though I'm not as gentle with stuffing it into a makeup bag as I used to be. Never had to repurchase, but I would!

continued >>

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 1:07:00 PM More reviews by ccbloom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried out this brush at the nars counter and it really seems to live up to all the hype. I think its really overpriced at 37 though but I'm willing to make an investment on this one.

edit: I found one on ebay for 12.99! yay!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 3:53:00 PM More reviews by melissab33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this from the NARS website, and when I received it I thought hmm... what did I just pay $50 for? It didn't look like much in the box, and when I took it out of the box I was thinking maybe it would go right to the swap list.

This brush is THE best brush to apply NARS blushes. I have tried sooo many different brushes including the MAC 187 (and various dupes of that brush), synthetic brushes, natural brushes, etc. When I open a NARS blush, I automatically reach for this brush now. I think it's the design of the head that makes it so suitable for blush application... the individual hairs are cut in a way that doesn't leave all of the color behind the minute you touch the brush to your cheeks. I am Mont Blanc in NARS foundation, NW20 in MAC... I use this brush to apply super dark blushes like Mounia, and Dolce Vita without looking like a clown. I was such a skeptic till I tried it, and now I feel like it was worth the investment.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No