April 20, 2014 | 1582 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - 27 - Yachiyo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect blush brush. Before I purchased this I didn't realize just how big a difference the right brush could make. The brush itself is elegant and pretty, but the real treat is the lit-from-within, natural result. I love all of the NARS brushes I've used thus far, but this one is definitely my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by FabianaFarrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

THE BEST brush I've ever owned! If you're hesitating about buying this for any reason, DON'T. Why? (1) There's the Yachiyo, & then there's every other blush brush out there -- w/ VERY, very few exceptions of any sort: & even the exceptions still aren't the Yachiyo. (2) The difference between flawless, "lit-from-within", 100% natural-looking blush, and the all-too-common unrealistic-looking blush that just lies on top of your skin in powdery streaks? Yep: Yachiyo. Due to this inescapable fact I was never even wiling to wear powder-based blushes at all until Yachiyo. (3) In delivery & application, the angelically soft, superbly hand-crafted Yachiyo is synonymous with the words "subtle" as well as "buildable". Quite the combination! (4) And this means the Yachiyo also enables you to wear a greater variety of blush colours than you EVER thought you could (NB: thus also expanding your lip colour & eye shadow wardrobes: so be prepared, lol!). Just think of that dazzling shade of Nars blush -- or Chanel, or Dior, or Mac, or etc., etc. -- you've always "wished you could wear" but never have, b/c you "didn't think you could quite get away w/it". Well, with the Yachiyo you now CAN! (5) Hence instead of showing the same old tired face to the world, by acquiring the Yachiyo you've actually just opened the doors to a whole new fresh ARRAY of beautiful "looks" -- looks through which others will now perceive you in newly flattering & intriguing ways. Just say YES to Yachiyo!

21 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by getvampd

Can I just say that I love this brush?? I am a bit partial because I work for NARS, but we have the best brushes. This brush is part of our Kabuki series (see brushes #21 (ita, great for highlighting), #28 (wide ita, great for contouring and the #20 (botan, great for buffing)). They are traditional japanese brushes based on the Kabuki theatre and Geisha makeup brushes (watch for this type of brush in Memoirs of a Geisha while Chiyo is applying her makeup for the first time, it is white). This one in particular is perfect! The dome cut Super Goat (which is stronger than regular goat) head makes application flawless everytime. Your traditional blush brush is cut more flat which can leave even us professionals with the occasional streaks. The handle is hand wrapped in wisteria, for an ergonomic grip. The bristles are also hand folded for less shedding. This brush will be an investment that you will not regret. It is simply the best. Branch out and use it for applying highlighting powders and bronzers. Extremely versatile!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by hanging_garden

I love this brush; it's so cute! It's part of NARS' line of Kabuki Artisan Brushes. Like another user, I didn't think it looked like much after I got it (beauty.com order). It looks flimsy, but the slender handle is actually flexible but sturdy. The brush head is made of black goat hair and feels smooth and soft. When I started using it, I was surprised at its ability to concentrate color and diffuse it at the same time. I also have the MAC 187 brush, and think that's also great for use with pigmented blushes, but the smaller tapered head of Yachiyo allows for greater placement control. Admittedly, by design, skunk brushes do provide a lighter, softer application. (I did a test with EDM's Wake Up Call blush side by side on my hand.) So they might be best for really intense colors. But something like the 187 isn't designed specifically for blush so it does have drawbacks, while Yachiyo is ideal. I don't have a 188 so I can't compare. But I do have MAC 116 blush brush and the Yachiyo has a fuller head. Overall, I think this brush is great and would probably buy it again if I ever lost it. Oh, if you think $50 is too much to drop on a brush, Japonesque has a dupe for half the price. They just call it Kabuki Brush: Bamboo/Goat. I don't know how it compares, though. Below are some pics I took (click continued) of the Yachiyo with the box it came in and one of it in my hand to show relative size. But to be fair, I have somewhat small hands. lol :)

UPDATE: I reviewed this originally on 3/7/2009; it's almost 2014. I still have this same exact brush. I still use and love it. Mine does not shed, even though I'm not as gentle with stuffing it into a makeup bag as I used to be. Never had to repurchase, but I would!

continued >>

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 1:07:00 PM More reviews by ccbloom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried out this brush at the nars counter and it really seems to live up to all the hype. I think its really overpriced at 37 though but I'm willing to make an investment on this one.

edit: I found one on ebay for 12.99! yay!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 3:53:00 PM More reviews by melissab33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this from the NARS website, and when I received it I thought hmm... what did I just pay $50 for? It didn't look like much in the box, and when I took it out of the box I was thinking maybe it would go right to the swap list.

This brush is THE best brush to apply NARS blushes. I have tried sooo many different brushes including the MAC 187 (and various dupes of that brush), synthetic brushes, natural brushes, etc. When I open a NARS blush, I automatically reach for this brush now. I think it's the design of the head that makes it so suitable for blush application... the individual hairs are cut in a way that doesn't leave all of the color behind the minute you touch the brush to your cheeks. I am Mont Blanc in NARS foundation, NW20 in MAC... I use this brush to apply super dark blushes like Mounia, and Dolce Vita without looking like a clown. I was such a skeptic till I tried it, and now I feel like it was worth the investment.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 5:12:00 AM More reviews by marloes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This has to be one of my favourite brushes ever. I don't use it to apply blush, but I think it's perfect to apply face powder or higlighter. I especially like to use it with Guerlain meteorites. It picks up just the right amount of product and gives a perfect finish. The brush also works wonders for dusting off eyeshadow if it has landed on your cheeks ;)
I clean my brushes a lot and this brush stays in perfect condition.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 9:55:00 PM More reviews by sh3lls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried it all..... this is truly

THE BEST BLUSH BRUSH IN THE WORLD!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 11:53:00 AM More reviews by glossy81

let me start by saying wow. i love this brush. i bought the whole collection, btw. first of all, it's such a beautiful brush and it truly is perfect for blush application. the size and shape of the brush are ideal. it's so soft too. it's funny because i thought i was using decent brushes before but since getting these brushes i can really tell a difference. i love the whole collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2008 12:51:00 PM More reviews by CHLee916

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am NOT a makeup girl therefore I am NOT a makeup brush girl. I've tooled around with brushes but never really paid any attention to them. I bought this one and I can honestly say that I have noticed a VAST difference in my blush application.

First, I think this brush is a gorgeous brush in its own right. Second, the size of the brush is perfect for holding the right amount of blush - I tend to be heavy handed so I did have to practice for a moment until I managed the perfect sweep on the pan and then to the cheek and it turned out perfect. Great bristles for layering the shades as well. Third, I found out that there really is a difference in a cheapy, poorly constructed brush.

I found the bristles soft, supple and yielding. The coverage can be sheer to deep and I am really loving this brush. I never considered using the "skinny" part of the handle with this brush - I automatically grabbed it close to the bristle - this brush is a dream come true. Thank you, NARS!!!!

I have to add: I have always been intimidated by makeup - I never want to look overly made up so I shy away from certain colors - I'm a NUDE palette kinda girl (Think Skin Deep by NARS). Using this brush feels natural and makes my blush look absolutely flawless.