December 21, 2014 | 1934 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Toasted

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous shimmer it's like a medium copper color with shimmer. It's not glittery it just shines and looks so beautiful

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by teinesamoa88

This is one of my favorite colors in the UD Naked palette. I love to use it as a shimmer of color in the middle of my eyelid, then blend Hustle into the crease. A little goes a long way with this color and it goes on very smooth. Looks great on tan/olive skin!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Alright so I have been neglecting my Naked palette but I am trying to learn to appreciate it. This color is nice! Smooth and creamy and shimmery, as is par the course for UD eyeshadows. The color is actually quite unique, not sure I have any other colors quite like it in my eyeshadow collection. As others said, it's kind of a pinky brown. It's nice as a wash of color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I'm not a huge UD fan, but Toasted is one of my favourite eyeshadows. The texture is the best there is IMO - buttery smooth but not too soft, and very pigmented. It's a velvety texture - not glitter, just slight shimmer. The colour is an amazing multi-dimensional brown. Brown is such an inadequate word to describe it, but I really can't do any better. I love wearing this with UD Scratch.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 8:39:00 AM More reviews by xbabe82517

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely gorgeous eyeshadow! Perfect for hazel eyes but I can see how it would suit most eye colours. I've given this a rating of 3 for cost as it can be picked up quite cheaply on eBay (I paid 4) but these shadows are slightly on the expensive side at full retail price but there are bargains to be found! On me (fair to medium skin with yellow tones) this shows up as a light bronzey-brown with hints of pink. It can sometimes be difficult to find a truly flattering brown shadow for hazel/brown eyes as greens and purples are usually more flattering...however, I'm an absolute lover of all browns, golds, bronzes and taupes and am frequently seduced by many shadows that look fab in the pot but fail to deliver on my eyes. This one, however, is just beautiful. I prefer a little extra definition, even for daytime, so I use this colour all over the lid and then use a little Bobbi Brown 'After Hours' in the crease and it looks incredible. My other favourite bronze/brown shadow is the Stila shadow trio in 'Champagne Glow' but I think the Urban Decay combo with the Bobbi Brown is slightly better because there's less shimmer, less fall-out and more definition. The look just looks more polished. I will always be a shadow junkie but I know I will frequently return to this eyeshadow and will definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Of all the colors in the Naked palette, this is probably the one that looks best on me. Love it. Will definitely repurchase. Nice shimmer without being over the top.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by erynnj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite shadows when I just want to do a quick wash of color or don't feel like doing much with my eye makeup. I actually find myself reaching for this often, it's just a really perfect medium toned rich warm taupe brown. Im a PPP and this is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 7:22:00 AM More reviews by penncovemuscles

i first saw this color in my UD "show pony" palette and i was unimpressed at first. i thought it looked very bland and it went untouched for months. one day i ended up swatching it on my hand and i was pleasantly surprised at how shimmery and natural it looked against my skin! this shade will forever be my #1 staple. i use it on most days alone with winged black liner on the top lid, and i ALWAYS get compliments on how it brings out my brown eyes, how unique the color is, etc. unfortunately i used the whole pan in my palette but luckily i found myself a single on ebay for $7 :]

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by jay4jazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this eyeshadow in the Naked Palette. If I look at other peoples' swatches of this colour it is a brown with a hint of pink, however on my NC25 Olive skin it is a dark pink with a hint of brown! It's a really unique colour on me and I really like it, however I personally don't think I would repurchase as I have to order it from America through a friend and have it shipped all the way to NZ. I would repurchase if I lived in a country that stocked Urban Decay.
I don't reach for it everyday, but it is one of the more used colours in the palette. I would recommend this colour to all skintones even though it is a cool colour, I think it suits warmer complexions as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh how I love urban decay's shimmer shadows - not the metallic or glitter ones, they are too messy, too sparkly, and often the base color is not very pigmented....but the shimmers!! They are one of the best eyeshadows for a decent price, I like them even more than most of the high end brands.

Toasted is a warm rich golden brown that really emphasizes my brown eyes, and somehow brings out the flecks of green in them. I would imagine this shadow would work with any eyecolor. For day, I use it a little more lightly, like a liner with a little extra smudged up into a lighter color on my lids. At night I can go a little heavier. The best thing about the UD shadows, besides the rich and interesting colors, is their texture...for a powder shadow, they are somehow smooth and creamy too. Very decadent to use. Even the highly frosty colors go on this way, they never look chalky or emphasize every little line. With a good base, like most shadows, they stay on all day.

I think this color is a new favorite, though I also love Baked and Half Baked, Roach, YDK, and that bronzey one with the green duo-chrome effect.

If you have never tried UD shadows, they are worth your time.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No