April 19, 2014 | 886 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by heinesite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been looking for a primer that does smell and feels amazing. This does both at such a great price. I have oily olive skin and this does great with my skin. I am so glad I came across this on so many forums. I've tried Liole's Pore Rich Balm and this is comparably just as amazing at a lesser price.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by kikirose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I generally perfer silicone based clear gel primer so when I heard there was a cheap dupe I had to try it. Big mistake, I have pretty oily skin and I use milk of mag (which works great btw) and put this on top and it made my skin so oily like I never put on milk of mag in the first place. So for me this is a no go!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Taterbon

Kept reading about using this product as a primer all over the place. I didn't want to spend the cash on Smashbox primer, so I figured it was worth a shot. WOW! I'm impressed, poreless, line-free, and my foundation could have withstood an Olympic swimming race! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by sarandipity68

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!

it is dirt cheap compared to the
smash box primer..=1.7 oz = $49 (at sephora.com)
monistat primer = 1.5 oz= $4.44 (amazon.com)

monistat has been a blessing... i use this product lavishly.. about a dime size (which is too much) but i like to put it all over.. i let it absorb into the skin for a few mins and than add the foundation.. it makes my skin look flawless, and feel smooth. the foundation stays on all day!!!

one tube lasts me about 4-6 months.. invest in this!!!

(also not sure if it is true but i have read of multiple websites this is the same exact thing as the the smashbox primer :-0 ))

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Looking for the business? This is it.
My very oily skin couldn't handle foundations, everything slid right off me. I started using this miracle gel at the top of the summer and won't use anything else. Ever.

Because packaging is a clean dispensing squeeze tube, very inexpensive, and fairly easy to find (online too).

Then, performance: It holds back the oilies enough for oil control foundations to really look good all day. And, it is such a smooth layer between moisturizer and foundation, my skin stays hydrated (oily women know we can be dry and be oily too).
Better still, I can now wear foundations I said 'never again' to like Mac Studio fix. Using this gel as primer, Studio Fix actually never touches my skin - ergo - no more Mac breakouts. I can finally use it up!

And about $6usd? Go get some!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by nena1432

I REALLY wanted to like this product because of all the good reviews but it broke me out so bad . I liked the way it kept my makeup lasting longer than usual but I rather not use it due to the horrible breakouts !

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I'm definiately in the minority on this one, but I could not stand the way this product felt on my face. It felt so heavy & oily, especially when I wore a liquid foundation over top. Did absolutely nothing to prevent my face from getting oily or keeping my foundation in place. I was a hot, greasy mess after only a couple hours of wear.

If you're looking for a good DS primer, I'd recommend the Revlon Photoready Perfecting primer over this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by clumpedmascara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff ^.^ I have VERY oily skin, and this keeps my makeup lasting the entire day...even in hot weather! It's kind of a high price for a drugstore product (imo), but a little really goes a long way! Like, I need less than a dime size for my whole face. It's very worth the money and lasts for a good while :) One tube lasted close to half a year for me! It also gave my foundation a nice, smooth look :) I've tried this w/ both powder and cream foundation, both looked nice. Lastly, this did not make me breakout!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by AmandaRose83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I started using Bare Minerals about a month ago. But I felt like after a few hours, it would settle into the tiny lines around my eyes and make them look huge! It also really emphasized my pores. So I started researching foundation primers and so many people were giving Monistat Chafing Powder Gel rave reviews.

I headed down to Walmart and bought the gel for around $6 (hello bargain!). I moisturized my face and let it sink in. Then I applied the chafing gel and finally my Bare Minerals. The gel felt to light on my face and really smoothed everything out. The Bare Minerals looked great and stayed looking amazing for several hours...a few of those were even outside in the humidity. I love this stuff and will definitely be buying it again.

Update: when I am in a hurry, I will mix the gel in with my moisturizer and then apply it. I think it works just as well and makes my skin ready for foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by BazookaBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. Love, love, love.

A friend of mine turned me onto this a couple years ago when she saw I was using a revlon brand primer that cost $12 for a teeny tiny tube (about a quarter the size of the monistat chafing gel) and pulled this out of her makeup bag and told me to give it a go. Four times as much product for half the price, and worked better than the Revlon had, I was sold.

I've had the same tube now for a year and a half and it's only about 2/3 of the way empty. I don't wear makeup every single day, granted, but I do wear it often enough and I always wear this with it if I'm going to put on foundation.

I have super sensitive skin and it has yet to give me any problems. It's very soft and light, and I don't feel it at all when I put it on. I only need about a pea sized drop to cover my whole face.

As a bonus it does a fantastic job at it's original purpose.