September 20, 2014 | 1900 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic in Carbon Black

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by wq13

Pros:
Super dark, very black.
Cons:
Just about everything else!
This mascara is extremely WET, the small brush puts way too much product on my lashes, causing them to stick together, making it look like I have 5 lashes.
It cannot hold a curl at all.

The only way I can make this mascara work for me is to curl, apply it onto my lashes, comb the lashes out with an old mascara wand, then curl my lashes again. (That takes way too much time.)

I just don't understand why this mascara is so horrible on me!! Lots of beauty gurus on youtube swear by this and it looks flawless when they use it, but when I use it, its so wet and clumpy and just really bad!! It's disappointing because I really want to like this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by gloribear1107

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have short and straight lashes, therefore I usually like to combine a voluminous mascara & lengthening mascara together. I had fell in love with Maybelline's Pulse Perfection for a lengthening mascara because it dries somewhat fast and stays curled, however that was discontinued. I saw the many great reviews of the Telescopic carbon black and decided to try and it did not let me down! This is my first time using this type of wand and I love it. It grabs a great amount of product out of the tube, I find that if you apply it lightly over your lashes many times, thats the best effect. After this product dries, then I'll curl it, and then add a voluminous mascar (L'oreal Million Lashes mascara - part of the voluminous brand) and it works really great. One thing may be lacking is the curling power altogether because there is so many layers, what I do is I blow dry the end of my eyelash curler and with care I brush the lashes up so it kind of heats up and stays that way, then wait for eyelash curler to cool down, and curl lashes one more time. Lastly I then use the telescopic again on the bottom eyelashes and this is by far the best bottom lash mascara ever!! It makes it so long and dolly and since the wand is so small, it is great for applying the bottom lashes! Just make sure you apply small layers by layers instead of all at once, because that will end up getting on your eye.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by akneil

I absolutely love this mascara. It has a really nice formula, and doesn't dry too fast (great for layering). If you're someone who likes to layer on the mascara like crazy, this stuff is amazing. It makes my eyelashes look unreal! It makes them super long and separated like false lashes.

You have to keep in mind that mascara is extremely subjective.
This mascara is great for separation and length. It doesn't clump.
The brush might take a little getting used to, but personally I love smaller silicone brushes. This has to be the skinniest brush i've ever seen, but it works like a little comb.
Make sure to clean off excess mascara from the brush before you apply - as you should with all mascara - so it doesn't clump. It's better to apply more coats than too much at once.

I bought this at walmart for about 10 dollars canadian. Well worth it! Best drugstore mascara in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by karlatif

Just bought this product and tried it on. I used about 2 or so coats and i love my lashes. I also have revlons grow luscious plumping mascara and it works great when applying on top of the telescopic if you want your lashes a little fuller. I think this is going to be my new favorite mascara/1

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Lydia07

Its pretty good, but I'm still looking for a better one. This product does make my eyelashes long, as promised. I have fairly thick and long lashes to begin with but I love making them even thicker and longer. Telescopic does what it says it wil in regards to length. It also does not clump when applied to clean lashes. However, I personally, don't like the look it gives the lashes. Maybe because of the tiny brush, I end up with my lashes divided into groups, or as others put, teams. It does not really look clumpy at all to me, but it makes my lashes look unnatural and like they have less volume. I end up with very long but rather sparse looking lashes which is not a look I like. I like a long but feathery affect. I figured I could use this over a volumizing mascara and get best of both worlds but when I tried to do that my lashes clumped really, really badly. I also noticed a lot of smudging after a day of wear, though this may be due to the thicker lotion I used today. EDIT: Improves with time! Ok, I think this formula works best when not brand new. I may have also improved slightly at applying it. It is not as runny anymore and now I don't get the stuck together spider lashes. Instead I get really really long pretty lashes with no clumps. I would venture to say its the best yet from a drugstore and I have tried a lot! My only complaints are that it does tend to smudge over a full day and it slightly irritates my eyes. Not enough to make me stop wearing it but enough that I might take a break from it on days when I don't reallly care how I look.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by GMJAG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best mascara I have EVER used. I am one of those people that will buy something that's good and I like it a lot, but I always want to try something new..espeically with mascaras, but let me tell you, I think this is about as good as it's gonna get! I'm about 95% positive I am buying this when my current one runs out. I LOVE it. The small wand does some magic on my lashes and they are literally touching my eyebrows practically. My lashes are longish, but they have no curl and they aren't very thick. This stuff makes my lashes look star-worthy. Seriously, don't hesitate..go and buy it! Even my MOTHER who has bought the same mascara for years and years says she wants to buy some of this. If that isn't any indication of how good it is I don't know what is.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Makeupjunkiex0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best mascara! Hands down! I have short lashes and even without a curler or a second mascara, this product held an amazing curl, lengthened my lashes so much, and definitely made them super dark! I have no cons for this mascara! It's doesn't clump, it doesn't melt in the heat or run if wet, even without waterproof. Now I use a curler and second mascara but its just great and I totally recommend it to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a really good mascara, and I have tried tons of them, it's not perfect but it is really really good. Adds lots of length and is super dark but I think the best part is that it involves ZERO clumps although I also use a lash comb just to fan it out more, it looks intense... but believable because you can't see any evidence of mascara goop unless you look very closely. Cons are that it is REALLY unwaterproof get caught in the rain with this and you're screwed, other problem is that it's not the best for curling doesn't hold super well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by elisr

This is my HG mascara. I have repurchased it about 5 or 6 times now and will continue to do so. Lengthens like crazy, makes the lashes look super dark, doesn't smudge or flake. The price is pretty reasonable too (12 in Estonia). I have tried many other mascaras, including high end ones like YSL, Estee Lauder etc, but have always returned to this. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It's a pretty good mascara depending on what you are looking for.

I like the brush, it is very versatile and you can make the lashes super long with only a few strokes.

I do notice if you use it wrong though the lashes will get clumpy and not long enough, it takes some getting used to.

Doesn't run or flake at all and has amazing staying power. I also like the super black color.

It holds a curl very nicely even without a curler.

But, it leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to thickness and volume. I usually wear liner with my mascara but when I put it on alone it does not give enough definition/thickness, only nice length and curl.

Definitely great for a more subtle yet defined lash look, but my HG would be more dramatic.