September 21, 2014 | 2063 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by lookabbycat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin issues: oily skin, large pores, black heads, beginning to have fine wrinkles. I have resilient, non-acne prone skin and rarely ever have adverse reactions to products. I wanted to try the peel pads for all of the issues above and to see if it would lighten my freckles.

update - Added a lippie. I've been using these peel pads for 6 wks on and off & I've noticed that my skin is overall more even, freckles seem lighter, and pores smaller. I've pretty much stopped wearing foundation and only a tinted moisturizer. The reason why I gave 4 lippies instead of 5 is because my blackheads are still present and I'm really not sure if my skin is more even because of the peels or because it's the dead of winter and I'm just getting pale. I've also noticed that my skin seems less oily but then again it probably has a lot to do with the cold weather. I'd like to try stronger peels when I'm finished with this but in a pinch I would definitely buy these peel pads again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by andiemoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've always been blemish prone and have olive skin so I tend to get dark spots from inflammation. I've tried over the counter products (didn't work) and Retin-A (made me flaky and red and painful). I read all the positive reviews on here and went out and bought it despite the price.

This is seriously the only thing that has ever made my skin look great! I've only been using them for a week and a half and my dark spots are mostly gone, my blemishes are totally gone, and the two fine lines that I have are starting to go away. I use 1 pad a day, which I have done from the get-go - I didn't work up to it, and I've never had any redness or irritation even though I have pretty sensitive skin. If this cost $100 for 60 pads instead of $40, I would still buy them. Amazing!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Yes Ladies it is indeed a HG product. I rarely find something I love as much as these peel pads. I used to use the MD Skincare Alpha-Beta Pads and though they are good, they are way too expensive for the amount that you get. I love PTR products anyhow but I never tried the Unwrinkle pads until a week ago. Having a bad breakout, I went to Ulta determined to find some products to help me get my skin straight again. Products that I knew had good reviews and did research on. This was on my list. Being familiar with the world of Adult acne, I can honestly say, I've tried everything. Tazorac from the doc worked well, but my insurance is running out and will no longer be able to get it unless I go through ADC, which I really don't feel like doing anymore. BHA's don't seem to work very well on my skin and to be honest, I think I have built up a tolerance for BP creams, they just don't work on me anymore. So thus, it's AHA's all the way.

These pads are fantastic. you get a ton more than the MD Skincare and it's cheaper. It does sting somewhat but that is to be expected. You can leave it on up to 3 minutes. I've gone as long as 5 because I've had peels before. These little pads are chock full of good stuff for your skin. They gently but effectively exfoliate your skin revealing a brighter and smoother complexion. In a weeks worth of time, my skintone is even, my hyper-pigmentation is fading and my makeup goes on so much nicer. I'm looking forward to long term results and crossing my figures that I get no hormone related breakouts next week. We shall see!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 12:12:00 PM More reviews by trintinwin

This product definitely changed the condition of my skin- I can go around without wearing makeup for once! It dramatically reduced my breakouts and bumps, using it every night. There is a slight tingling if you leave it on for more than they recommend, but using moisturizer after washing the product off seems to calm things down. I recommend cleaning off a pair of scissors with alcohol and cutting these pads in half, since it will have enough of the product for your face, neck, and tops of your hands. This product is definitely worth the price, especially if you are using just half a pad per application. My skin is significantly smoother and glow-y. I definitely will repurchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by fridge666

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

These are awesome!
I used maybe ten pads before I realized they contained retinol and salicylic acid which one is supposed to avoid while pregnant, so I have to wait until my baby is born before I can start using them again. But even in the short time that I did use them there was great improvement in skin texture, glow, and fading of brown spots.

I have to admit that I left it on for a full half hour before rinsing it off, because my skin is used to acid treatments, and I never had a reaction from it. I used the pads on my hands as well, and it really improved the texture.

Since I couldn't use them due to being pregnant I switched to the Avon Anew Clinical Retexturing Pads hoping for a similar result, but they weren't nearly as good as these were.

I can't wait to start using the Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Pads again! I would highly recommend them to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by babitcake

These are very effective, and are gentle enough for my extremely sensitive skin. I have experienced mild stinging when first applying the pad to my skin, but it quickly goes away. I've never had facial exfoliators be so effective yet so gentle on my skin. After I rinse off, my skin feels brand new, soft and fresh. My makeup looks so much better whenever I use this before putting it on. I follow up with my day moisturizer afterward, and I have not experienced any dryness from it. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by GiglingNikki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is first time I've tried AHA/BHA products. I'm always scared of those products because I have dry/sensitive skin so I'm afraid the product is going to be too harsh for my skin, but..Big but this peel pad is so good. It works very well with me. I have a little bit of redness reaction around the area close to the nose in first few times. After the secound week my skin started to improve, smoother and more radiant. I'm so pleased. Right now I'm using every two days in evening.
Mainly I think the pad exfoliate the skin gently so it makes skin ready to absorb the good thing from other cream or moisturiser.
I bought the unwrinkle kit pack with other unwrinkle creams which have only 20 peel pads. Next time I will buy the big tub.
It's quite expensive but I think it's worth to be part of skincare routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by LissaKittie03

Love, love, love. My skin has never looked better.

What i like most about these is that they are pads. I used to use a Philosophy microdermabrasion kit, which also worked well. But honestly the process of applying the first coat, then the second, rubbing them in and washing it off was too high maintence for me. These are easy. I've been using them for about a month now and I can't believe how glowy and lovely my skin looks. However, I didn't notice instant results; stick it out a couple of weeks and one day you'll wake up, look in the mirror and think.... Wow!!

Will definitely re-purchase. As someone mentioned here, cutting them in half is a great way of getting more bang for your buck. They are plenty salient so it's fine to use half a pad.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 9:54:00 AM More reviews by dsterling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thanks to all the reviews on this website! I love these pads and my skin is looking better with every use. I have moderate rosacea and these don't irritate it all. I use one full pad every other night, my pores are shrinking and my face feels wonderful.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 5:29:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

the BEST ULTIMATE toner among all products out there.
this really refines my skin and smells really good.

TIP: i don't need to use 1 pad every time. only half of it is enough for all over the face. so i cut it into half so that i can use it for a long time.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No