Bourjois Volume Clubbing

3.2

It's the mascara the puts the most 'material' on my lashes. But it can be a little clumpy. I sometimes use my fingers pressing them together on the two sides of my lashes to remove some of the clamp. Overall I like it. (I've never really bought high end mascaras, only some Clinique, so I can't really compare.) I usually use Maybelline Volume Boost or Full'n Soft (which is my favourite) but none of them is as dramatic as this one.

Overall this is a decent mascara if you desire a dramatic "false eyelashes" appearance. I have long been trying to achieve that but with straight, thin (albeit long) eyelashes, it takes a significant amount of effort. This is one of the few mascaras that created that look. It's also very black, which I like. I'm not a fan of the wand itself. I applied it the way the website advised and all it did was create vexing clumps. I applied it just using the area with the bristles and that worked out well. I have yet to experience any flaking or smudges. However, I noticed that mascara does not look nice at all after a couple of hours. Clumps form randomly. I never know if my eyelashes will look good or not. I prefer Bourjois's Volume Glamour mascara, but this is still an alright choice. I probably will not repurchase.

i find this way too clumpy and difficult to apply. my lashes looked rubbish, not volumous, just stuck togther.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking for that mascara that not only gives you volume but also that lil bit extra, the dramatic look. After dozens of mascara this is the one for me. Especially for a night out it's perfect. For daily wear I just use the brush side, which already gives you much more volume and length. Buy it if you like to have dramatic eyes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i think it is an excellent mascara! it gives a lot of volume and length and an unbelievably rich black colour to lashes(i have the ultra black). though 1 layer is enough for luscious lashes, it can be also applied in 2 layers for a really dramatic effect (for party only) but then it should be applied precisely coz the brush has a lot of product on it and it could clump and stick the lashes together and smudge all over if u are clumsy.
i wouldn't suggest it as a 1st mascara for teens but for those who have more experience in using makeup, it can be a really good choice!
it can give a fals-lash effect and volumizes, lenghtens, colors plus curls and holds the curl. during a night in a club it wont come down. but because of that it is not easy to remove, part of it stays on lashes after you cleared your eye makeup. that is not too good but one can get away with it i think. and anyway, this mascara is not created for everyday use, its for night-outs for a killer look ;)

yuck. this is flake city after a while. that is if you can even get it on. the brush is so huge you would need to have deer eyes to even get it on there without it going everywhere.

its just a bit watery mess, you dont get length or thickness or curl. i dont have long eyelashes and i need allot of help from my mascaras coz i love mine being big and dramatic,and i dont get it with this, its just not worth the money, cheaper ones have worked better on my eyelashes.

not crazy about this mascara. I have seen it on others and thought wow. On myself was not impressed.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I really like this, i have a tremendous problem with flaking mascara, and i normall wash with Pears soap so its not an oily eye MU remover problem. This stays put all day and yes its a bit hard to get off, but i wash with a mild soapless gel cleanser (Avene Clenance) and that sewems to remove it well. Plus it is nice and BLACK, not ashy like other black mascaras. Doesnt clump, and it lifts and defines without being spidery, however if you goopit on it will make a mess, but thats like most mascaras anyway, with a small amount of effort this will do wonders. will buy again, and not to bad @ 6.99.
EDIT: still loving this, i havent purchased another mascara since i discovered this, i have tested a few but they didnt match up to this. The original and Black Jack formula's are still the best, the extreme black seems to get very dry and clumpy immediatly and flakes, it just doenst wear like the other two formulas. Still a happy bunny with this and its usually on offer in Superdrug or Boots :)

i need this because I'm a dancer and i can't afford to have my mascara running down my face when I'm sweating away in class. it does smudge a little, but very very little. i notice though, that this shouldn't be for daily use. it dries out my lashes if i use it too much. it really lengthens and gives volume to my lashes. i <3 using this for my dance shows :D When i apply, it does not clump up my eyelashes that much and when it does i just brush it with my old Diorshow mascara brush and it makes me look like i'm wearing fake eyelashes.

[Edit] As the formula is introduced to more air from being used so much, it turned the formula all clumpy. I don't really like the brush.

Popular Mascaras