November 23, 2014 | 1045 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Volume Clubbing

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by FUNgurl

i think it is an excellent mascara! it gives a lot of volume and length and an unbelievably rich black colour to lashes(i have the ultra black). though 1 layer is enough for luscious lashes, it can be also applied in 2 layers for a really dramatic effect (for party only) but then it should be applied precisely coz the brush has a lot of product on it and it could clump and stick the lashes together and smudge all over if u are clumsy.
i wouldn't suggest it as a 1st mascara for teens but for those who have more experience in using makeup, it can be a really good choice!
it can give a fals-lash effect and volumizes, lenghtens, colors plus curls and holds the curl. during a night in a club it wont come down. but because of that it is not easy to remove, part of it stays on lashes after you cleared your eye makeup. that is not too good but one can get away with it i think. and anyway, this mascara is not created for everyday use, its for night-outs for a killer look ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2008 8:03:00 PM More reviews by prettyvivid

yuck. this is flake city after a while. that is if you can even get it on. the brush is so huge you would need to have deer eyes to even get it on there without it going everywhere.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2008 8:34:00 AM More reviews by leahluvspink

its just a bit watery mess, you dont get length or thickness or curl. i dont have long eyelashes and i need allot of help from my mascaras coz i love mine being big and dramatic,and i dont get it with this, its just not worth the money, cheaper ones have worked better on my eyelashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by jen1santana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

not crazy about this mascara. I have seen it on others and thought wow. On myself was not impressed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Amie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this, i have a tremendous problem with flaking mascara, and i normall wash with Pears soap so its not an oily eye MU remover problem. This stays put all day and yes its a bit hard to get off, but i wash with a mild soapless gel cleanser (Avene Clenance) and that sewems to remove it well. Plus it is nice and BLACK, not ashy like other black mascaras. Doesnt clump, and it lifts and defines without being spidery, however if you goopit on it will make a mess, but thats like most mascaras anyway, with a small amount of effort this will do wonders. will buy again, and not to bad @ 6.99.
EDIT: still loving this, i havent purchased another mascara since i discovered this, i have tested a few but they didnt match up to this. The original and Black Jack formula's are still the best, the extreme black seems to get very dry and clumpy immediatly and flakes, it just doenst wear like the other two formulas. Still a happy bunny with this and its usually on offer in Superdrug or Boots :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2008 1:50:00 PM More reviews by aznshordy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i need this because I'm a dancer and i can't afford to have my mascara running down my face when I'm sweating away in class. it does smudge a little, but very very little. i notice though, that this shouldn't be for daily use. it dries out my lashes if i use it too much. it really lengthens and gives volume to my lashes. i <3 using this for my dance shows :D When i apply, it does not clump up my eyelashes that much and when it does i just brush it with my old Diorshow mascara brush and it makes me look like i'm wearing fake eyelashes.

[Edit] As the formula is introduced to more air from being used so much, it turned the formula all clumpy. I don't really like the brush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a bit on the fence with this mascara. It's a bitch to remove though - I inevitably end up losing a few lashes with this mascara. Does tend to clump as the formula is very thick and volumising, and if you're not really careful it can make your lashes curl in a funny direction. The colour is great though - really, really black.
It stays on for ages (even in the shower!) and you need to be take care when removing. Some reviewers have said there's a knack to using the brush but I use it the way it works for me. It thickens, lengthens and holds a curl quite well if you use lash curlers beforehand. I'm still on the lookout for my HG ever since they stopped selling Volum' Express (curved brush) in the UK, so until I find a replacement, I suppose this will do.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2008 3:59:00 PM More reviews by grace_x

I actually really like this mascara. After reading the bad reviews i was put off buying it but then decided to anyway and i am really glad i did. Admittedly the brush can be a bit hard to master at first but after a few applications it becomes alot easier. Also the amount of product the brush picks up can just stick your lashes toether but ive found that if you use an eyelash comb or another mascara wand (i use maxfactor masterpiece) you can easily seperate your lashes and make them long and defined. This definatly isn't the mascara for you if you like a natural look, but if, like me, you LOVE over the top, fake looking lashes this is perfect. Lippy off because it takes a while to dry, therefore you get those annoying little black splodges over your eyelids.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Vivaglam76

NIGHTMARE: I hate this stuff. First of all, it goes on in clumps. I guess its okay if you are fine with rushing to comb thru your lashes before it dries, but for me, that defeats the purpose. With dior or even some good loreal mascaras you dont have to. Also, this kind of reminds me of blinc mascara tubes because I cant get it off with remover but have to kind of pull it off. The brush is odd. Yuck. Stay away, there is an excellent chance you wont like this. Oh, and BTW, I am definitely someone who likes big bold lashes. The thicker and longer the better, as long as they are mine (ie not fake).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaCB

This seems to be a love it or hate it mascara. As for me, I love it, it makes my lashes look huge!! It adds a lot of volume and length. Sometimes I have to go through and comb my lashes after applying it, but not always. The brush has 2 sides with long bristles and 2 almost flat sides. It is very similar to the MAC Plushlash and Urban Decay Skyscraper mascara brushes. Using the flat side then the long side, I get dark (I have it in Ultra Black), long, full lashes with minimal clumping that is easy to comb out if any clumping does occur. It does not smudge or flake and comes off with regular eye makeup remover. My lashes felt soft and they stayed curled. I am definitely repurchasing