BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 10/29/2013 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't know why people think this is for very pale complexions. I have medium skin tone with yellow undertones and this works perfectly for me. I apply it with the brush that comes with the bottle and blend it with a real techniques pointed foundation brush. I find that this is what works better for me because blending is the problem I have when using this product. If I blend it with fingers the product just sticks where I applied it.

I have very oily skin but the top of my cheeks are normal so I mostly use it there and to highlight the inner corner of my eyes, it works wonderfully for that purpose. The downside, beside the price, is that it breaks if you apply it on fine lines, it doesn't happen right away but at the end of the day you can notice.

I would definitely repurchase this product because it really gives a nice healthy glow. I have seen people mixing this in their foundation for a dewy finish, I can't do that because I have oily skin but it looks amazing!

on 10/29/2013 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I RECIEVED THIS IN A YOUTUBE WINNING.. SMALL SIZE BUT IM GLAD I DID.. IM LOVING THIS IN THE BROW AREA AND HIGHTLIGHT. ITS CREAMY SO IF YOUR OILY YOU WILL NEED A POWDER!!! BUT THE HIGHTLIGHT IS AWESOME. IM NC45 AND IT SHOWS UP FANTASTIC. I WOULD BUY AGAIN

on 10/28/2013 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this product. I have deep set eyes, and when I put this on the outsides of my eyes, they look bigger and brighter! I'm kind of a dunce with liquid makeup, but this one was very easy for me to use. I will definitely buy it again

on 10/16/2013 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's an HG for some, not me. On my oily skin, which runs fair with undertones I cannot pin down, so I'd go neutral, it does nothing for it, nothing against it. It just is. I'm better off using a concealer in a Salmon Shade, and a bronzer to contour. I just let the natural horrific shine of my overactive oil glands at almost 50, highlight. Gack!

Seriously, this is not for me. That's me. My skin, which is just mine. On yours, it could be wonderous. :) Maybe not if you're super oily, or have darker skin. It really does seem to sit in a range of colors and it's limited. They do make other things I cannot live without, so this is not anti-Benefit. I really like a lot of their stuff.

on 10/16/2013 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

After years of eyeing this and thinking the price was stupid, I finally get it. This highlights in the most subtle way; mostly because I think it blends better (I use a Beauty Blender) than most liquid highlighters (NARS Copacabana) and lacks glitter. The packaging is ridiculous. A squeeze tube would be far better. Alas, I'll probably repurchase this.

on 10/2/2013 8:02:00 AM

Nice product but prob quite heavy for a natural look. I always get compliments when I wear this tho so I love it!

on 9/28/2013 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Yuck.... there's not much good to say about this product.... way too shimmery, too sticky, messy, just not impressed. Would never get this again.

on 9/26/2013 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I don't think High Beam deserves the hype. The color is too frosty for medium to dark skin tones, or anyone who likes their highlighters to give them a warm glow. The texture and staying power is great, and the packaging is cute, but I recommend Benefit's warmer shades - like Moon Beam or Sun Beam - for everyone except the palest skin tones.

on 9/19/2013 12:42:00 PM

High Beam is a very pretty pale neutral pink. It makes my face look so radiant and nice. I feel happier just wearing it. I do wish it were in a pump style bottle though but I'd still repurchase it. I have also tried Boots no7 pink highlighter and would say this one is better, even if its double the price. I apply it along my cheekbones, down my nose, and on my browbones. Theres no scent and it lasts long.

on 9/13/2013 7:33:00 PM

My favourite highlighter- great tone, perfect amount of sparkle, good texture, blendable etc. Only grumble is the high price.

Video Reviews & Tutorials