September 21, 2014 | 967 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Blushaholiclove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this some time ago, and maybe used it twice, when I did use high beam I would just mix it in my foundation to give me a dewy finish, sad to say since I've turned into a highlighter junky I haven't reached for this at all, really even thinking about selling it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by payjark

I think this is a great product. Not my go-to highlighter but its great to have. I have a mini version for travel and the full size for at home use. Its a bit pink for me, but in winter it looks great. Girl Meets Pearl is my HG but this is my 2nd favorite Benefit highlighter. They make the best highlighters.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by SwedishKitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this at Sephora in Sweden and it is my first Benefit product. I got this because of the hype and I was really excited about it.

Benefit High Beam is a gorgeous "pinky" liquid highlighter that has shimmer - but not glitter. It claims too give you a supermodel healthy look and bring light to your face.

The best way to apply this is to dot it on with your fingers BEFORE you set your face with powder. It don't why, but when I put this on after my setting powder it washes my foundation away (?). I think the rule behind highlighter is cream on cream - powder on powder. However, when I use this I like to put this on top on my foundation (without powder) and then use A LITTLE setting powder (I love MAC Prep+Prime Loose Setting Powder). You will get a beautiful healthy look without looking glittery.

All in all, I adore this highlighter.

Pro's:
-Gives a beautiful healthy look
-Last long
-You won't look glittery or oily
-You'll look awake
-Looks natural
-Not too expensive

Con's:
-Won't work too well on powder or powder foundations

Sorry for my English, I'm Swedish.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Dieuthuy

It is my first highlighter so I can't compare it with some other highlighters, but I think it is really good product. It works how it should work, which means it makes places, where I apply it (under the eyebrows and above the cheeks) more shiny and it looks really nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

My skin is olive, light and warm-toned. I almost always get the lightest shade in foundations and get green skin shadows. I got Moon Beam because it was on sale and cheap on the Benefit website and a sample bottle of High Beam. Maybe it's because I'm a light-skinned warm tone, but these do not look any different on me. I love this and I have two sample sticks of Watt's Up that I wish I could trade for High Beam. I've never tried any drugstore highlighters so this is my favorite. It shows up a lot more than Watt's Up and is an actual illumination, WU is a shimmer. I like my makeup to look as natural as possible. When I say natural, I mean "real". I don't use so much blush that it looks unnatural, and nobody's cheek should shimmer, I'm sorry. The only obvious thing I like to do is have long lashes, I don't see the point in natural lashes mascara haha. Benefit's liquid highlighters are a must.

Don't forget to get some on your collar bones if they're showing. Or just moisturize anything below your face that's showing. Because if you use this, it'll look better matching the chest with the face. Don't wanna be glowing up top and then look dull on the chest. Good time to apply sunscreen. :>

Most people won't use this everywhere they can, but I tried it a few times and it stands up to the heat and looks great. Your glow won't be atop your cheekbones and then randomly on your cheeks later. You can put this on the cheekbones, the brow bones, the sideways V on the temples--eyebrow to cheekbone--or brow bone to cheekbone, Cupid's bow, the area of the chin light bounces off of, up the nose bone, and starting inbetween the brows a circular or triangular shape that takes up half the height of the forehead. Most people don't even include the forehead highlight in tutorials but I do it because I am asian and have the typical flat-as-a-pancake face. I welcome any dimension.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Jessrockstarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I dont hate this product, the color is just bad for my skintone. I am very fair, and when I wear this in winter, I look straight up ASHY. I know it's weird to say but its so true. I look so. ashy. it's a problem. Not flattering in the least bit. in some lighting it looks okay but it's just a bizarre problem to have. maybe for more olive tones, it'd be nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

It's an okay highlighter but I hate the packaging because it makes the application process a hassle and their are flecks of obvious glitter is it so it is not suitable for every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Helloneighbor

while this is a great product, i hate hate hate hate hate the packaging. I hate most packaging from benefit to be honest, mostly because they're too focused on making it cute rather than functional. However, this is a really great highlighter as it spreads very smoothly and imparts a very nice subtle glow on my nc20/25 skin. It's not too shimmery. however, i find that it doesn't tend to last too long, maybe just a few hours and i'm much too lazy to reapply at work. I wouldn't buy it again if i ever run out since there's too many highlighters out there that i'd like to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 6:37:00 AM More reviews by JessicaLauren24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received a small bottle of High Beam in my "Feelin' Dandy" lip and cheek hit. This is a very easily to use (practically fool proof) highlighter that is perfect for my ivory skin :) I use this highlighter everyday on my brow bones, high on my cheek bones and down the centre of my nose.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Dolly444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had a tiny High Beam bottle as part of a gift package a couple of years ago and I didn't use it for a while as I wasn't too sure how to use it! A friend told me an assistant had used an illuminator on her cheeks and she looked like a light bulb so I steered clear for several months!

I regret this because now I couldn't imagine my daily routine without it! After some gentle instruction from a Benebabe in Boots, a few dabs under my brows looks divine! Very pretty and subtle but you can tell it's there, which gives brows a nice lift! My brows are very dark too so the contrast of pearly pink and Browzings on my brows looks very gorgeous (IMO). It still looks good after a full days wear and doesn't look patchy at all.

The big bottle is £18.50 I think, which I didn't think was too bad, as the mini bottle seems to be lasting me a while so I would be happy to purchase the bigger version should I run out. Super product :D