October 25, 2014 | 1818 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Katelrobs3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

High-beam is such a wonderful liquid highlighter! This product gives your skin a healthy glow that leaves my skin looking dewy but not greasy. I apply this to the inner corner of the eyes as well as on my upper cheek bones right above my blush. This product is awesome in the summer time, for it really wakes up your face with a pinkish shimmer that isn't overwhelming in person nor in pictures. Longevity is about 6-8 hours. Very light-weight feeling on the skin, no irritation at all. I have sensitive and dry skin and have a hard time using powder highlighters, thus opted to try a more pricey product but I'm definitely glad I gave this a go. Would absolutely repurchase if I ran out!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by AmandaG1395

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've used this highlighter for years, and it is by far my favorite liquid one. The color flatters every skin tone, and I think it is just extremely effective. The only negative thing I have to say is that If I apply it down the center of my nose, a few hours later it does look a bit greasy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Yet another Benefit product I want to love but just can't...

I first tried High Beam in a Benefit mini kit (can't remember what it was called), and actually liked it a lot. I think the formula has changed however, because I've bought the full size and it's not anywhere near as effective. I seem to recall that the mini size had minuscule blue particles, which gave a more noticeable (yet still subtle) glow. It also had a doe foot applicator, which I think is far more effective than the nail-varnish brush that this full size bottle comes with.

I don't know if it's just because I'm super pale and I need something with a little bit more colour or what, but this is hardly perceptible when I put it on, and it wears off in the space of an hour... Perhaps it would be better for someone with darker skin? I just don't know.
    The formula itself is ok, but nothing extraordinary. I've had better luck with Smashbox.
    I don't know why I had high hopes for this, Benefit always lets me down :(

*Update* Decided to give this another try... bad call. I used a bit more so it would actually show up and it made me look shiny and oily rather than dewy. Will definitely be getting rid of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Blushaholiclove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this some time ago, and maybe used it twice, when I did use high beam I would just mix it in my foundation to give me a dewy finish, sad to say since I've turned into a highlighter junky I haven't reached for this at all, really even thinking about selling it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by payjark

I think this is a great product. Not my go-to highlighter but its great to have. I have a mini version for travel and the full size for at home use. Its a bit pink for me, but in winter it looks great. Girl Meets Pearl is my HG but this is my 2nd favorite Benefit highlighter. They make the best highlighters.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by SwedishKitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this at Sephora in Sweden and it is my first Benefit product. I got this because of the hype and I was really excited about it.

Benefit High Beam is a gorgeous "pinky" liquid highlighter that has shimmer - but not glitter. It claims too give you a supermodel healthy look and bring light to your face.

The best way to apply this is to dot it on with your fingers BEFORE you set your face with powder. It don't why, but when I put this on after my setting powder it washes my foundation away (?). I think the rule behind highlighter is cream on cream - powder on powder. However, when I use this I like to put this on top on my foundation (without powder) and then use A LITTLE setting powder (I love MAC Prep+Prime Loose Setting Powder). You will get a beautiful healthy look without looking glittery.

All in all, I adore this highlighter.

Pro's:
    -Gives a beautiful healthy look
    -Last long
    -You won't look glittery or oily
    -You'll look awake
    -Looks natural
    -Not too expensive

Con's:
    -Won't work too well on powder or powder foundations

Sorry for my English, I'm Swedish.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Dieuthuy

It is my first highlighter so I can't compare it with some other highlighters, but I think it is really good product. It works how it should work, which means it makes places, where I apply it (under the eyebrows and above the cheeks) more shiny and it looks really nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

My skin is olive, light and warm-toned. I almost always get the lightest shade in foundations and get green skin shadows. I got Moon Beam because it was on sale and cheap on the Benefit website and a sample bottle of High Beam. Maybe it's because I'm a light-skinned warm tone, but these do not look any different on me. I love this and I have two sample sticks of Watt's Up that I wish I could trade for High Beam. I've never tried any drugstore highlighters so this is my favorite. It shows up a lot more than Watt's Up and is an actual illumination, WU is a shimmer. I like my makeup to look as natural as possible. When I say natural, I mean "real". I don't use so much blush that it looks unnatural, and nobody's cheek should shimmer, I'm sorry. The only obvious thing I like to do is have long lashes, I don't see the point in natural lashes mascara haha. Benefit's liquid highlighters are a must.

Don't forget to get some on your collar bones if they're showing. Or just moisturize anything below your face that's showing. Because if you use this, it'll look better matching the chest with the face. Don't wanna be glowing up top and then look dull on the chest. Good time to apply sunscreen. :>

Most people won't use this everywhere they can, but I tried it a few times and it stands up to the heat and looks great. Your glow won't be atop your cheekbones and then randomly on your cheeks later. You can put this on the cheekbones, the brow bones, the sideways V on the temples--eyebrow to cheekbone--or brow bone to cheekbone, Cupid's bow, the area of the chin light bounces off of, up the nose bone, and starting inbetween the brows a circular or triangular shape that takes up half the height of the forehead. Most people don't even include the forehead highlight in tutorials but I do it because I am asian and have the typical flat-as-a-pancake face. I welcome any dimension.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Jessrockstarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I dont hate this product, the color is just bad for my skintone. I am very fair, and when I wear this in winter, I look straight up ASHY. I know it's weird to say but its so true. I look so. ashy. it's a problem. Not flattering in the least bit. in some lighting it looks okay but it's just a bizarre problem to have. maybe for more olive tones, it'd be nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

It's an okay highlighter but I hate the packaging because it makes the application process a hassle and their are flecks of obvious glitter is it so it is not suitable for every day.