September 22, 2014 | 1877 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - 2000 Calorie Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 7:04:00 AM More reviews by idatybirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this mascara! It adds so much volume and a bit of length to my medium length lashes. And the black colour is the blackest black i've ever seen in a mascara! It doesn't flake or smudge at all.
The reasons why I rate this 4 out of 5 is, that when i'm hurry in the morning and need to apply this quickly, it gets all over my eyelid because the brush is a little big for me. But well that's just my opinion.

UPDATE:
I'VE FOUND THE BEST WAY TO APPLY THIS 2000 CALORIE MASCARA without getting it on your eyelids.
If you put some vaseline on your lashes before you go to bed (of course you have to remove the mascara first) then next morning your lashes will be much more voluminous and it's alot easier to apply the mascara. Just a tip! - So now I'm rating this 5 out of 5! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by NicCurls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG I love this, its volumising on my sparse blond lashes. I cheat and stray with other mascaras but always come back to this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* My lashes - Stick-straight, sparse Asian lashes.
* Product - Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara (Curved Brush)
* Review - Recommended by YT guru, Lisa Eldridge, I decided to give this mascara a try. I have stick-straight thin lashes and while this mascara does indeed give my lashes more volume and definition and does not flake, unfortunately it does NOT hold a curl! I curl my lashes religiously with my trusty Shiseido curler before I apply mascara and I think the weight of this formula is an instant eyelash curl repellant. Additionally, I found that the curved brush does not work well with my almond eyes. I noticed that only after a month, the brush gets goopy with globs of product at the tip and at the base. So, not only do I have to clean off the excess globs of mascara before application, I have to use an eyelash comb on my eyelashes each and every time I apply this mascara. This is despite the fact that the mascara is indeed stored properly in ideal cosmetic storage conditions. Unfortunately, this particular mascara just did not work for me.
* Price - 10 at drugstores.
* Verdict - I will not repurchase.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was very dissappointed in this mascara as I loved it years ago and was thrilled to try it again. I got it in deep auburn and the shade was great but it just didnt do much for my lashes even after several coats, maybe thickened and defined a little but no length or drama that I remembered from the past.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by snoopydood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this mascara, its all i need to volume up my lashes. its by far the best i've tried. will repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 5:14:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Mascara is never going to provide the same effect as false-lashes, get over it. I'd wanted to try this for ages, as is the way with most cosmetic products these days. This one is of excellent quality. It adds loads of volume to my lashes, doesn't smudge or flake whatsoever, and most importantly, provides the most richest-black colour of any mascara I've ever tried. For that reason alone, max factor 2000 calories really stands out to me. It reminds me VERY much of Maybelline's falsies, in that it really thickens up the lashes and adds length, only this one is much darker.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by ezmat

I recently purchased this mascara as i had been recommended it by a friend.
So the mascara promises "fat and dramatic lashes"- and does it deliver? Im my opinion, no.

This mascara really doesn't do much for my lashes at all.... it definatley lengthens but doesn't create the volume that it promotes. I have tried applying this using different techniques but it just doesnt work for me.

Using the product is almost messy too- when you pull the wand out of the tube it is a little gloopy and is messy around the opening.
The packaging of this product i feel, is outdated and really unappealing.

Personally, i would rather save the money i spent on this mascara and purchase a cheaper brand that i love (Covergirl Lash Blast)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by onethousandcurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this is blackest-brown, which I will try to ignore when I review this because I always prefer the blackest black possible (my lashes are actually black....). But this was given to me, so I had no pick of color.

Price: Free for me, but based on what I remember seeing in stores and online, very standard and reasonable for drugstore mascaras.

Packaging: I personally find the fat tubes ugly, but it doesn't affect performance or ease of use at all.

Performance: I like the rubber bristles of the wand, makes avoiding clumps a breeze. This does tend to hold a lot of product on the tip, but you can scrape it off into the tube or just be careful applying. Application is pretty easy, this is one of those mascaras that you might feel comfortable "slapping on". Definition is great, thickening is average, lengthening is poor (although that is not its advertised purpose). Despite the lackluster (well, relatively) performance, I was okay with it until it flaked. I didn't even wear this all day, like I normally would with any mascara. Just 6 hours and it was flaking. No smudging at all. And what impressed me the most was how easily and completely it washed off (even among non-waterproof mascaras, this washes off like a dream).

I wouldn't repurchase, but I wish all mascaras would wash off so easily (without smudging beforehand to boot!).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 6:44:00 AM More reviews by natucha21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is discontinued in USA.why is it that when really great products on the market they choose to get rid of it? maybe its because if people knew about this mascara they wouldnt bother buying the competitors more expensive and less useful product?.whatever the case may be i buy this online from the UK because i LOVE IT.i was in love with Loreal voluminous which i still like but this mascara gives you what i call classy lashes.they look like they would be in a magazine.no clump.nicely spread out.long.just classy.personally it doesnt make my lashes appear thicker.i use the loreal one for that.but if they were to appear thicker i think my friends would start accusing me of wearing false lashes because then they would definitely look magazine worthy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2011 3:18:00 AM More reviews by sweettalk1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara my lashes do appear bigger when this is on. I do recommend it 2 any one and I just found out that they have a water proof version in this mascara which i will be purchasing.