October 31, 2014 | 1190 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - 2000 Calorie Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by xapplex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good mascara for the price. It gives nice natural-looking volume, holds a curl and does not clump. A good everyday-mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by OPLALS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After finding this product (black) I've stuck with it for years. I strayed once each to Maybelline (far inferior), Diorshow and Philosophy but always came back! Works well, makes my ho hum lashes look good, easy to apply and good price. I only need one coat so it's fast. The reason I'm now discontinuing use is it gets a whopping 7 (high hazard) from the Cosmetics Database.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2012 7:07:00 AM More reviews by kick007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Even though I had used some of the most expensive high end make up brand's mascara this one beats 95 % of them, . It's not too expensive, and definitely does it job the way it's supposed to, doesn't crumble. doesn't leave any clumps, and provides proper lenght, and curls. So definitely worth trying if you're looking for your new adoration.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 7:04:00 AM More reviews by idatybirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this mascara! It adds so much volume and a bit of length to my medium length lashes. And the black colour is the blackest black i've ever seen in a mascara! It doesn't flake or smudge at all.
The reasons why I rate this 4 out of 5 is, that when i'm hurry in the morning and need to apply this quickly, it gets all over my eyelid because the brush is a little big for me. But well that's just my opinion.

UPDATE:
I'VE FOUND THE BEST WAY TO APPLY THIS 2000 CALORIE MASCARA without getting it on your eyelids.
If you put some vaseline on your lashes before you go to bed (of course you have to remove the mascara first) then next morning your lashes will be much more voluminous and it's alot easier to apply the mascara. Just a tip! - So now I'm rating this 5 out of 5! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by NicCurls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG I love this, its volumising on my sparse blond lashes. I cheat and stray with other mascaras but always come back to this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* My lashes - Stick-straight, sparse Asian lashes.
* Product - Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara (Curved Brush)
* Review - Recommended by YT guru, Lisa Eldridge, I decided to give this mascara a try. I have stick-straight thin lashes and while this mascara does indeed give my lashes more volume and definition and does not flake, unfortunately it does NOT hold a curl! I curl my lashes religiously with my trusty Shiseido curler before I apply mascara and I think the weight of this formula is an instant eyelash curl repellant. Additionally, I found that the curved brush does not work well with my almond eyes. I noticed that only after a month, the brush gets goopy with globs of product at the tip and at the base. So, not only do I have to clean off the excess globs of mascara before application, I have to use an eyelash comb on my eyelashes each and every time I apply this mascara. This is despite the fact that the mascara is indeed stored properly in ideal cosmetic storage conditions. Unfortunately, this particular mascara just did not work for me.
* Price - 10 at drugstores.
* Verdict - I will not repurchase.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was very dissappointed in this mascara as I loved it years ago and was thrilled to try it again. I got it in deep auburn and the shade was great but it just didnt do much for my lashes even after several coats, maybe thickened and defined a little but no length or drama that I remembered from the past.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by snoopydood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this mascara, its all i need to volume up my lashes. its by far the best i've tried. will repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 5:14:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Mascara is never going to provide the same effect as false-lashes, get over it. I'd wanted to try this for ages, as is the way with most cosmetic products these days. This one is of excellent quality. It adds loads of volume to my lashes, doesn't smudge or flake whatsoever, and most importantly, provides the most richest-black colour of any mascara I've ever tried. For that reason alone, max factor 2000 calories really stands out to me. It reminds me VERY much of Maybelline's falsies, in that it really thickens up the lashes and adds length, only this one is much darker.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by ezmat

I recently purchased this mascara as i had been recommended it by a friend.
So the mascara promises "fat and dramatic lashes"- and does it deliver? Im my opinion, no.

This mascara really doesn't do much for my lashes at all.... it definatley lengthens but doesn't create the volume that it promotes. I have tried applying this using different techniques but it just doesnt work for me.

Using the product is almost messy too- when you pull the wand out of the tube it is a little gloopy and is messy around the opening.
The packaging of this product i feel, is outdated and really unappealing.

Personally, i would rather save the money i spent on this mascara and purchase a cheaper brand that i love (Covergirl Lash Blast)