December 22, 2014 | 1816 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Plus White - 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by xsuzycx

I don't smoke and I'm not a coffee drinker, but I did have braces for 2.5 years. I can't say I cared for my teeth as much when I had braces on, so when I finally got them off, I had an amazingly straight and amazingly yellow smile.
Because I was a student, I didn't want to spend $30 on whitening strips to just throw them in the trash if they didn't work. But when I saw Kandee Johnson's video, I thought, why not?
It was about $7 and with my first application my teeth were noticeably whiter. I can now truly say that I have a nice smile. I LOVE LOVE this product and the results it's given me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Shakeitdontbreakit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have pretty white teeth, I think. I don't really know because as soon as whitening products came around I was on it. Heaven forbid I miss an opportunity to do something to myself.

My uncle is an orthodontist and years ago I went to his office and forced him at gun point to mold custom plates for me and provide the professional gel that goes with.
A couple of negatives there: 1. I never once woke up with the plates still in my mouth and 2. The whitening was uneven I think it's called a "rainbow effect".
The worst part was waking up and fearing that I had swallowed the plates (very unsettling)-and the second worst was finding them under my bed covered in dust bunnies. Blech.

Anyway, I have been using this stuff for a few years now (tried the strips/light thingie, etc) and it really is THE BEST. It's got the same active ingredient as everything else, and a decent amount of it. I use it every other day (I give it a break when I fear my teeth are starting to look blue). Apply it before I brush with a Q-tip and leave it on while I shower (10 minutes tops) brush my teeth afterward and we done.

Easy, effective, and cheap. Great!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by AndreaNichole

I loveeeeeeee this product :) I've always had yellow teeth (coffee+tea+cigarettes=gross teeth. BTW don't smoke anymore :P) and it never really bothered me until I saw all these makeup gurus on Youtube with their beautifully white teeth. Kandee Johnson<3 mentioned it in a video and I was sold! People always tell me how nice my smile is now :D It's amazing stuff. I always leave it in for about an hour or, but it's worth it. It works really well and doesn't leave my mouth sensitive :)

One thing you should know though, be really careful not to get the gel on your tongue. I don't know how I managed to do it, but I did and I couldn't taste anything for about 3 days! Haha.

Anyways, this is a great product, and definitely worth it at about eight dollars a kit :) So cheap compared to whitening strips and such :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by henwen88

This is a great, affordable teeth whitening kit that is less than ten bucks and it effective. The kit I bought had pre-gel solution, mouth tray and teeth whitening gel. I use it once a week and although no one has mentioned that they've noticed a difference, I've seen a difference over time and am quite impressed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

WOW!WOW!WOW!

I paid $10 for this at Rite Aid, including the mouth rinse and tray. I've never had a more immediate and clear reaction to any product ever.

So I generously coat the tray with gel and stick it in my mouth. I have a small mouth, but it fits comfortably. About halfway through I think: rats, I should have taken a picture to compare. But then I think: You know what, it probably won't be a noticeable difference the first time anyway.

I leave the gel on for ten minutes and remove it with minimal drooling. When I come up after rinsing and smile in the mirror, I'm stunned. My teeth are probably a shade and a half whiter, about my natural shade (I may be short and prone to weight gain, but I hit the genetic lottery with good teeth). Like the other reviewers, I'm a coffee drinker (only cold though!) so my teeth start to look a little dull after awhile. I'm so pleased with the first time, I'll probably wait a few days to give it another go.

This stuff is fantastic. I still remember the agony of Crest white strips from when I was a teenager. I used one set in the morning and one at night, and awoke in the middle of the night with an aching pain in my teeth, worse than getting my wisdom teeth removed.

ETA: I recommend brushing gently whilest using this, my gums were starting to look a little ragged so I took a break. I'm still loving this gel. It's super easy to use and so cheap that I don't mind slapping some on for only a couple minutes. I've probably brightened my smile about 3 shades. One of my best purchases to date.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Sarahliz1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very good product! Works fast and easy!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2011 9:02:00 AM More reviews by vilkku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was so excited after reading all the rave reviews but this just doesn't do anything! I've tried it every way possible: with/without the mouth tray, with/without mouth rinse that came with the kit, for longer time, for shorter time, like, I've tried everything. But my teeth are still yellow. I've been trying for two weeks with no results. I'm giving up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I have been using this product for over a year. Ever since seeing it promoted by Kandee Johnson on her you tube channel I have been ordering it on line and for the price and convenience of use I don't think it can be beat. I put it on my teeth with my regular toothbrush when I first get into the shower and leave it on while I am in there. I use it about three or four days in a row once a month or so and my teeth stay nicely white. I notice the difference after each use. Lasts until I use it again. Very effective product. Not messy or expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by chase29

I love this product and I love the price!! The kit is around $10 and comes with a lot of product gel, a mouth tray and pre-rinse. It really works! I will definitly keep this a part of my beauty routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

LOVE this product! Let me just say that I have tried almost all the various types of whitening products they have available in store, and this works the best for the price.

I have tried Rembrandt (caused horrible corrosion of the gum tissue, nasty, I know... and it took me like a week to recover for it); did not work.
I have also tried GoSmile which was the biggest waste of money ever. Thankfully I got it at 60% discount, still a waste of $50 as the kit did pretty much nothing at all.
I have also tried the Colgate gel (don't know if it's still around) which also works like this product, but the container it comes in was tiny and more expensive, so not really worth it in the end.
And finally the Crest Whitestrips, which worked well and I still use them. I started using the Classic kind because they were the cheapest, but I found that if I wanted to achieve the desired whitening level, I had to use two boxes back to back. So in the end it wasn't cheaper (except when I would find it on sale or bogo).
I recently tried the new 3D strips and find that they work just as well as the Advanced version. In fact, I just got done using the 3D strips and am keeping my teeth stain-free with this amazing product.

I first used it by itself as directed twice a day for about two weeks and I saw a difference in my teeth within a few days. This stuff works well on its own, but paired with another teeth whitener it is even better. I use it now about every other day as a maintenace product. Obviously it doesn't work as well as the strips, but it works and is absolutely fabulous for maintenance.

I bought this product at Walgreen's for about $8 or so. The tube is huge and though I have been using it for probably a month now, I haven't even used 1/3 of it. It caused no sensitivity for me at all, it doesn't have a nasty taste, and best of all you only have to keep it on for 5 minutes!
Love it and I will keep repurchasing over and over.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No