MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

PLEASANTLY SURPRISED!! MAC SA suggested this in N1 when I told her I was looking for something light to wear that didn't settle into pores and wrinkles and would work underneath my Studio Fix powder foundation. I have combo/oily skin, mild redness in cheeks occasionally, a few early signs of aging.

I feel this gives the perfect amount of coverage for evening out skintone. Better coverage than most BB creams and tinted moisturizers for sure. Honestly, I was surprised at how happy I was with the coverage, I think sometimes we think our skin is worse than it actually is. I do have a small broken capillary and dark undereye circles that need concealer.

The truly interesting thing about this foundation is that although it does become a more skin like/satin finish, it does not seem to fade or rub off throughout the day!!!
Even though I have combo skin and wear glasses, it did not seem to wear off around my nose like most foundations do once the oil starts to breakthrough. To me, this is what differentiates this from drugstore foundations that are more natural/light coverage-they fade and rub off rather quickly. This does not.

-feels like nothing on
-gives the face a very healthy, dimensional look. You probably won't need to use as much contour/blush with this product.
-does not settle in lines/accentuate pores
-does not oxidize to strange shades of peach/pink/banana yellow
-color match was great. I wear n4 in studio fix powder foundation, previously had the Matchmaster 1.0 and it was nice but a little too pale and then next was up was too yellow.
-can use finger to apply and still looks awesome. Easy to blend.
-very minimal transfer/fading throughout the day.

- Oil breakthrough. Not a matte finish.
- Has a citrus-y scent, not unpleasant but would like it better without one.
-Maybe not be the best for travelling since it is not a pump or a tube, occasionally some foundation leaks out of the nozzle tip.
-Would not recommend for summertime/dancing, would probably look too greasy

This is also a good product to mix in with any SPF items that you find too drying or give you white-face. I have been applying this over a light daytime serum and then using powder to blot when needed. Even though I've always preferred matter finish, med/full coverage foundations, I find as I get older they look fake and too heavy in the daytime and I only wear the for night out/special events. This makes my skin look smooth and healthy. Even though I have combo skin and wear glasses this doesn't rub off or wear down, blotting is essential though.

This will be my go to foundation for fall/winter. Would recommend to most, except those who are very oily or have more acne or discoloration issues that need heavier coverage. HTH!

on 12/25/2014 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have struggled with awful acne all of my adolescent life. Everything broke me out and exacerbated my all ready numerous amount of pimples. I have tried probably over 50 different brands of liquid foundation(drugstore/sephora/ulta) and they have all made my acne worse. So finally I decided to try Face and Body because of the good reviews I've read on this site. This is the only liquid foundation that doesn't break me out. And my shade (n2) is perfect.
***It IS tricky to apply. But I figured out that applying it with my fingers was the best way.
I start by dropping a pea size amount on the back of my hand, then I briefly rub the foundation in a circle.
Next I dip my fingertip(s) into it and apply it to my face by blending it in a circular motion. Once it's blended properly it will have a slight dragging feeling to it, almost like it's too difficult to blend. When I get to that part I blend it downwards. And I usually do this on one section of my face at a time because if you rub it in all at once it will look less natural.

I bought my 50mL bottle at Nordstroms for $27, which I mean, for the amount is very reasonable.

-the most skin-like foundation
-doesn't break you out
-variety of shades

-Won't cover big red pimples or very dark acne scars.

UPDATE 12/31/14: I was using l'Oreal true match superblendable concealer crayon on top of this, but I stopped using the concealer because it was breaking me out very badly.

on 12/8/2014 7:01:00 PM

If you're looking for a foundation with a lot of coverage then this is NOT for you. It's very sheer but buildable and gives you a natural glow. It evens out your skin nice and i really like it! It stays on very long but me with combinated skin has to set it on my T-zone. It's perfect for the summer as it's very light/thin on the skin.

on 12/3/2014 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Cool

The color was a great match for my skin. Think its because it is a very sheer coverage so it goes with a lot of skin tones. Application is great and has a lot of slip to it. However, i found that it took a very long time to dry. Way to long to make it usable. It was also kinda sticky. Not sure how it would hold up on the body and probably will have a transfer-on-to-clothes problem. I tried on the C2 and it was yellow enough for my yellow undertone but still had hints of pink to it.

on 12/2/2014 3:41:00 AM

I've always wanted to venture into MAC foundation territory but kept putting it off in favour of Chanel and Giorgio Armani. I finally decided to try F&B because GA LSF is just too expensive to use everyday for work (I like to reserve it for special occasions) and I was growing out of my Korean BB creams (they were driving my skin crazy!). I'm Asian with fair skin and a slightly pink undertone - I was colour matched to C1/C2 initally, then N1/N2 when I went home and came back the next day. The MUAs told me I'm a tricky one to match but that I could get away with any of those 4 shades. I ended up buying both C2 and N2. The formula for F&B is very sheer and lightweight, and leaves a beautiful natural finish. I apply it with my Sonia Kashuk flat top brush or MAC 190 then set it with loose powder because I don't like that sticky foundation feeling, but you can definitely go without it. The squeeze bottle looks a little cheap, but it's easy to use and unlike the testers at MAC, mine looks super clean. Overall, it's a lovely foundation that gives me that barely there look. Very happy. Will purchase again.

on 11/26/2014 10:48:00 AM

I have a love hate with this foundation. It's super watery and water based obviously which is a benefit for us oily girls. I am in the color C7 it's a perfect match for my skin tone. I just wasn't blown out of the water with this product. I used it more when I had "perfect skin" now I have break out's and what not so it doesn't provide the coverage I need. But it does feel super light and is very easy to blend. I've graduated to more full coverage foundations now this was perfect for me in the beginning.

on 11/26/2014 5:54:00 AM

Right! Where to start with this baby?
I'll start by saying this foundation has a very light coverage - if you're looking for a flawless and high coverage foundation I definitely wouldn't go for this one (please don't kid yourself into thinking you can build it up to a high coverage, cause it'll end in tears).
For what it is, it's a fantastic product though! It's very much a "your skin but better", giving your skin a beautiful, natural, makeup-free look. I will say, my skin is in no way flawless - it has pores, pimples, heavy dark circles and plenty of blemishes that this foundation will not cover. Yet with this foundation, I am somehow more confident about my face. I'm sure many people can relate to having "bad skin", and there is nothing more discouraging than trying to cover it all up high coverage foundation, mountains of concealer and topping it off with a heavy layer of powder all in attempts to achieve perfection .. only to look caked, and with the sinking feeling that everyone around you is going to see the effort made along with every ugly bump and blemish you've spent the past 2 hours trying to hide.
Well this foundation isn't going to cover it - it's going to let every imperfection, freckle and spot show through and you're still going to look fantastic. Your skin is going to be giving this sheer layer that somehow celebrates your skin and make it you in all your flaws and beauty.
I think I'm starting to sound weirdo salesperson, but I don't work for MAC .. can't confirm I'm not a weirdo though, lol.
There are cons though, it seems tacky and wet on application and it take FOREVER to dry, but I recommend waiting awhile after putting this on before you continue with the rest of your makeup. I apply it with my hands and really blend it in, wait 15 mins, then go ahead with my concealer and then a light powder.
It has a very dewy, natural finish and doesn't break me out or irritate my skin.
At the end your makeup will look beautiful and natural even if it isn't perfect, and let's face it .... *intensely fights the urge to not make a pun* ...*battle won* .. who wouldn't want that?
Tip to end this review - if you really want higher coverage, this can be used as a base for another foundation and it work really well!

on 11/22/2014 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

SHADE SELECTION: C4 (NC37 for reference)
APPLICATION METHOD: flat-top kabuki

- natural, dewy finish
- long wearing, waterproof
- does not cling to dry spots
- amount of product
- coverage can be built to medium
- lightweight
- photographs well

- price

COMMENTS: This foundation is lovely. It's a very "my skin but better" type of product. The consistency is incredibly thin, making it easier to mix this with other foundations if desired. It does thicken as you blend it into the skin, giving you slightly more coverage. I like applying this with a flat top kabuki brush the best, but fingers will do just fine. Do not bother using a'll get zero coverage if you do. I have combination skin and found this works just fine for me, but do see this more as a winter foundation. I get oily after 4 hours, however that is pretty normal for me with any foundation. What I love most about this is, it is very forgiving on dry spots and never looks cakey. Once I touch up, this foundation looks beautiful all over again. It never looks blotchy or cakey, which is an issue I've always had with matte foundations.

EDIT: This stuff is amazing when used as a base under other foundations. Holy mother of pearl - it transforms any foundation into something magical. Apply F&B to entire face first, then your regular foundation after. It adds the perfect amount of hydration and really makes the face look flawless. Most foundations will cling onto my dry patches, but if I apply this all over first I don't have that issue at all. It just transforms other foundations creating the perfect canvas and making it waterproof, as well. I can now see why this is a staple for a lot of MUAs.

Will repurchase.

on 11/20/2014 3:52:00 PM

This product is great for combination/normal/dry skin. It gives you SUCH amazing hydration and glow. It feels super light on the skin, the coverage is extremely sheer to buildable medium coverage if you layer it on a couple times. You won't be able to get more than a medium coverage from this. It almost reminds me of a tinted moisturizer with just one layer. It just makes you look super healthy and glowy, like you've been eating your vegetables. This product has been extremely popular backstage at fashion shoes for that natural, dewy skin look on the models. I've been seeing a lot of hype on sheer, glowy foundation, this is definitely a must try in my opinion. Throw away that heavy, full coverage cakey foundation, use this instead with a more full coverage concealer on problematic areas. Love this product.

on 11/16/2014 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have dry skin. Not the, "oh, my skin feels dry, I think I'll moisturize today" dry, but the I have worn heavy duty moisturizer every single day of my life...since the day I was born kind of dry skin. Now, at 48, my skin is in decent shape (see my mention of daily moisturizer), but I like a little bit of evening out and extra color that foundation provides. When I hear/read that a foundation is "sheer" or "glowy"...well, let's just say I'm a sucker for good marketing. Enter Face and Body. I bought it at a MAC store in Prague on vacation. I was color matched at N1, which does seem pretty accurate. I don't care much for the bottle as some always runs down the sides of the bottle or gets trapped under the cap (making for a mess when you next remove it). I like the silicones in F&B as it makes for smooth application. I really only use one dot to spread it around my face. I do get a more even complexion, but that's it. This leaves a terribly sticky finish, but strangely leaves my face looking dry and cakey at the same time!! Strange! I also don't like the occlusive feeling I get after a though my face were suffocating. I stuck this in a drawer and forgot about it. A few weeks ago, in an attempt to use up some products, I added two drops of F&B to my moisturiser along with one pump of the clinique Uplighting in Natural. WOW! The perfect combo! You cannot tell I have on foundation. My skin looks clear, healthy, dewey and well nourished. I have finally found a method that works well for me. May be something others like as well! Definitely worth a shot!! Makes my routine that much qucker too.

Video Reviews & Tutorials