October 1, 2014 | 2024 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by LongBeachGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let me be reviewer 1000 to say this is THE foundation to own.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Breena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My shade in this is C4.

I do like this, as it gives a dewy finish and a very sheer natural coverage, which is certainly buildable! Perfect for days where the weather is way too hot to wear a full face of makeup. I usually apply concealer then put this on top, and I'm good to go!
It is extremely water resistant, and I love that.
As this foundation is very thin and watery, I find that this is the only MAC foundation that is actually great to apply with your hands.
I usually squirt the product onto my fingertips of one hand, then rub both of my hands together, to the point where it doesn't feel so watery and you can feel the resistance from the foundation, then quickly apply to the skin. Call me crazy, but I found that it gives it a better finish when I apply it like this.
AND you get more in the bottle! Brilliance!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 4:22:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

Mac Face & Body is one of the staples in my makeup kit!
I have quite a dry skin and this foundation is quite hydrating and feels comfortable even when I wear it all day long.

Texture: is very liquid, so you always need to shake it up before pouring on the back of your hand.

Application: I prefer to apply this foundation using my hands, because the product is so liquid - I find fingers to give the best finish. The key is to massage the product into skin and later set it with a sheer coat of powder, just in case if it gets a little shiny in the T-zone. I also pair it up with my Studio Finish concealer, just in case if I have a blemish here and there.
For more candid in-depth reviews on other beauty/makeup products head here: http://thepartyparrot.wix.com/partyparrotblog
Finish: this foundation is buildable, so you can always get a medium coverage finish with this when needed, it will only consume more time. The final look you get with this is a dewy, natural coverage that still lets your skin show through which I find nice! This product won't ever look caked.

Body? Never used it on my body, so can't really say whether it transfers on your clothes or not.

Conclusion: great product for a dry skin type and those who love natural look to their makeup. Only minus is that it doesn't contain SPF - so won't protect you from the sun light, but is going to photograph beautifully!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 3:58:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

For the lack of full coverage this has, this isn't a fool-proof product. The texture leaves many hanging, and perhaps wanting more, but I think that it is suitable for my skin and doesn't irritate it or tamper with its condition in any way!

One thing I adore about this foundation, flat out is the lack of sunscreen. This doesn't create further imbalance with sunscreen I am already using underneath, nor does it mess with photography.

It is a sheer to medium coverage (for me.). This is good for those who want to even out their skintone, mild redness, and are willing to cover other blemishes and dark circles with a separate concealer. If you're a shade too light, or a shade too dark, it will be immensely noticeable. Especially if you're going for the big bottle, make sure you get color matched properly! (I got C2, because I thought I'd get darker in the summer. Let's just say, I never get past a C1.)

My skin is dehydrated, or normal on an ordinary day. I do find that this leaves my skin with a dewy finish, and rather strange to the touch. If you are oily, you may not enjoy this.

The texture, and the filminess is probably coming from what prolongs the foundation for long wear, and the "setting" of the product. There's this goopiness that will be on my brush, and I find it a need to wash the brush after using the foundation.

I do not powder over this, because once the powder hits the foundation, it will not set and be transfer resistant.

I own C1, C2, and white, and I find that depending on the day, or the look I'm going for, I will always be able to find a perfect match with these. Mixing with other foundations doesn't cause a problem for me either. That being said, I think you would be fine with just one shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by deluxeccf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

NC30ish (yellow/olive undertones) - tried out C3 & C4. Normal to combo skin. Fading acne scarring.

I prefer using C3 as C4 is too dark for me. Coverage is very sheer. Although I hated to use my fingers for application, it was the best method to get higher coverage. Unfortunately, the foundation had low staying power and my acne scars peeked through about three or four hours into my day. Although I set with a mattifying powder, the finish is still too dewy for my liking.

There are varying sizes of this foundation. I picked up a smaller bottle for $27.50.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by beddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is for people with a uneven skin tone and light acne scars. It is light - med coverage(with more layers to achieve) i use this to even out my face for my redness and faint scars. If i had acne here or there id prolly have to spot conceal which i dont mind. This foundation is a bit greasy on my oily to combo skin but i get shiney with or without foundation. Since this is such a natural foundation i didnt expect to see much texture on my face other than jst a clean nice even color. I am nc20 so i use c2 and it is a little more tan than my skintone in the winter but c2 matches my body. I can use this for my legs to make them more tanned in the winter also because i tend to look like a ghost in winter months lol. Overall great foundation from mac (other mac foundations break me out) this one hasnt caused any problems besides the shine because i dont like to set it with powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by babysharks

This was the first high-end foundation I've ever used and I find myself circling back to it every time I have to replace my foundation! I have tan skin and wear C5.
Face and Body is perfect for those of us who have dry skin. I often have dry patches on my forehead and mouth area during the colder months, and Face and Body works very well for me after I exfoliate and moisturize. The formula keeps me from looking patchy or flaky and seems to smooth away small problem areas. I usually pair this with a light dusting of Studio Fix or my Nars pressed powder and top it off with a setting powder. I have also used this as a base for Matchmaster Foundation! I struggled with Matchmaster because it is much heavier and doesn't smooth on, but layering a thin layer over Face and Body works very well for me!
A con for Face and Body is that it can end up looking a little shiny throughout the day. I always end up with shiny areas on the nose and forehead during the warmer months or when my skin isn't dry. I can usually pat a little powder on and fix that easily, though.
Overall, a great, light foundation that I always seem to come back to!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by SJose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation it feels very light, has a dewy finish and has a sheer to medium buildable coverage. I have extremely dry skin with eczema so I find it difficult to find a foundation that doesn't stick to my dry patches. this does not stick to my dry patches at all and evens out my skin tone perfectly. However, if I have redness it does not cover it. I would like to only put on one layer of foundation but can't because it won't cover my redness. They coverage is the only downside.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by FairyGodmother45

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This, in my humble opinion, is the perfect spring/summer/ hot sticky weather foundation. Why? It cleans up your face, but is lightweight enough not to be an oilslick. You should set with powder, as well as, use concealer if you have spots to cover. However, if your skin is decent and your simply want a "better me" look I truly suggest your give this gem a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by sugarglazed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love and hate this foundation. I love that it makes my skin luminescent, dewy, glowy- it never looks like you have foundation on, which is what I want... The downfall it breaks me out, terribly, and no matter how many times I ditch this on my makeup counter and come back to it, it still breaks me out, over and over again... You would think after a few rounds I'd learn but I havent... If your skin can tolerate this stuff and you're looking for a no makeup foundation this is your gem, if you are sensitive, acne prone in any capacity get a sample first and hope you get lucky. I want to get a sample of the mufe face and body and see how my skin reacts there!