Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliners

3.4

on 7/17/2010 5:16:00 PM

This is totally my favorite eyeliner pencil. I love that its retractable and the color payoff is really good. I have this in brown and its really emollient and easy to use. You don't need to warm it up or anything. It has decent staying power and is still on at the end of the day and doesn't smudge a lot. The price is right and the product good. I recently bought another retractable brown pencil from the Ulta brand and hated it since it had no color payoff at all. It definitely made me value this pencil so much more. It's awesome.

on 7/13/2010 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I have been using this eyeliner for YEARS. I use the color "charcoal" for my eyes and eyebrows. Very natural looking with my skin tone. It's a product that I cannot go without. I've repurchased at least 10 times. I also have this eyeliner in black, which I like... but it bleeds a little blueish after a few hours, which is very annoying because I hate blue eye makeup. However, for a few hours it looks flawless!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this eyeliner in the Black Onyx shade. It's good, but not great. I use this on the top part of my eye and sometimes l have to reapply it because the texture is pretty soft and it tends to wear off around the corners after a while. I've never used this on my water line or on the bottom part of my eye, so I can't comment on how well it would work for those areas. I will continue to repurchase until I find something better.

UPDATE 11/25/10: I have found something better, Maybelline Unstoppable eyeliner, so I will not be repurchasing this one. This one smudged too much and the pigmentation wasn't that great compared to the Maybelline eyeliner. I've reduced the rating of this one from 4 to 3 lipsticks.

on 7/5/2010 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought this at Target as part of a combo pack with the Lashblast Length mascara. I have oily lids and this eyeliner didn't stand a chance. It glides on very smoothly and it has a built-in smudger for smoky looks, but it doesn't stay on for more than 10 minutes. On top of that, it's not a true black...more like a green-blue-black. Definitely still looking for the eyeliner that can stand up to my oily eyelids.

I like this color in espresso. its not as harsh as a black liner and can really give you a nice natural look. it tends to fade away after a few hours and usually doesnt last my whole day, but I dont mind. I guess I would repurchase if I couldn't find another brown eyeliner i liked...i dont think it's 'THE BEST' out there tho..

on 7/2/2010 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I use almost no other Cover Girl brand products, but I often buy this eyeliner! For less than $5 at Target, the price can't be beat. I love the built in sharpener, too - the fact that the pencil point is rounded makes it so you never stab yourself in the eyelid. I have green eyes and I use the espresso shade a lot (I also have the onyx and the light purple for different looks).

This pencil goes on so smoothly and easily, it is mistake-proof. It lasts all day and even through a light washing with soap and water (although it is not waterproof). Never smudges or bleeds. The color goes on dark without looking unnatural. Having the little smudger sponge on the other end of the pencil is really convenient for when you're doing a "smoky" look.

on 6/14/2010 12:18:00 PM

I have this eyeliner in about 5 different colors and absolutely love each one. It goes on extremely smooth and Im able to create a nice, straight even line. I find that it does smudge a little bit, so I usually set it with a bit of eyeshadow. I love the smudge tip on the end. The color is rich and lasts all day. Does not irritate my eyes at all and washes off really easily at the end of the day.

on 6/6/2010 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this eyeliner because I read so many positive online reviews on this product. Personally I'm not satisfied by it because it smudges so much and doesn't stay on at all. This eyeliner is good only if you want it to stay on for three hours or so. However it does glide on the waterline really smoothly and the color is rich, but it's super short lasting. Overall, I would not recommend purchasing this product.

on 6/5/2010 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this eyeliner for years now. Love it! Contact wearer friendly too! It doesn't do a miracle and last for 18hrs or w/e people expect but it's fast and easy for a quick smokey eye or day time makeup.

on 6/1/2010 12:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My HG eyeliner. I use it daily and I LOVE the smudge tip on the end. Goes on nice and creamy and never flakes up on me. I have hooded lids and it doesn't seem to transfer either...but I do tend to set it with a pat of matching eyeshadow on humid days. Doesn't crumble or break on me either, and I carry it with me in my purse 24/7. :)