Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliners

3.4

on 8/18/2010 12:54:00 PM

I recently did an eyeliner 'test' with drugstore liners in my makeup bag, because I wanted to see which ones were worth buying again and how they matched up to pricier liners.

The verdict? Perfect Point Plus won the category for easiest to apply in terms of it being smooth and precise, but that was it. An eyeliner that glides on nice and smoothly is useless if it slips off by an hour later and looks like a hot smudged mess. When I use it on my eyelid, it is faded by the end of the day; and when I use it on my lower lash line, it sort of melts into the super fine lines from dark circles (i'm a student, afterall!) on my undereye area.

This also failed in the un-budgeable test which is very apparent if you make a line on your hand, give it a grace period of ten seconds and then rub your finger over it. My other drugstore liners like L'oreal Extra Intense liquid pencil liner and Revlon Colorstay were better by miles.

on 7/30/2010 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used to love these pencils. The gray is perfect for an everyday liner. HOWEVER, the last two pencils I bought broke almost instantly. The makeup part was fine but the mechanical part broke so no more make up will come out.

on 7/22/2010 2:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

My HG eyeliner. Easy to find, priced right, long lasting, smooth application - great! I only wish it was waterproof. A girl can dream right?

on 7/17/2010 5:16:00 PM

This is totally my favorite eyeliner pencil. I love that its retractable and the color payoff is really good. I have this in brown and its really emollient and easy to use. You don't need to warm it up or anything. It has decent staying power and is still on at the end of the day and doesn't smudge a lot. The price is right and the product good. I recently bought another retractable brown pencil from the Ulta brand and hated it since it had no color payoff at all. It definitely made me value this pencil so much more. It's awesome.

on 7/13/2010 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I have been using this eyeliner for YEARS. I use the color "charcoal" for my eyes and eyebrows. Very natural looking with my skin tone. It's a product that I cannot go without. I've repurchased at least 10 times. I also have this eyeliner in black, which I like... but it bleeds a little blueish after a few hours, which is very annoying because I hate blue eye makeup. However, for a few hours it looks flawless!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this eyeliner in the Black Onyx shade. It's good, but not great. I use this on the top part of my eye and sometimes l have to reapply it because the texture is pretty soft and it tends to wear off around the corners after a while. I've never used this on my water line or on the bottom part of my eye, so I can't comment on how well it would work for those areas. I will continue to repurchase until I find something better.

UPDATE 11/25/10: I have found something better, Maybelline Unstoppable eyeliner, so I will not be repurchasing this one. This one smudged too much and the pigmentation wasn't that great compared to the Maybelline eyeliner. I've reduced the rating of this one from 4 to 3 lipsticks.

on 7/5/2010 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought this at Target as part of a combo pack with the Lashblast Length mascara. I have oily lids and this eyeliner didn't stand a chance. It glides on very smoothly and it has a built-in smudger for smoky looks, but it doesn't stay on for more than 10 minutes. On top of that, it's not a true black...more like a green-blue-black. Definitely still looking for the eyeliner that can stand up to my oily eyelids.

I like this color in espresso. its not as harsh as a black liner and can really give you a nice natural look. it tends to fade away after a few hours and usually doesnt last my whole day, but I dont mind. I guess I would repurchase if I couldn't find another brown eyeliner i liked...i dont think it's 'THE BEST' out there tho..

on 7/2/2010 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I use almost no other Cover Girl brand products, but I often buy this eyeliner! For less than $5 at Target, the price can't be beat. I love the built in sharpener, too - the fact that the pencil point is rounded makes it so you never stab yourself in the eyelid. I have green eyes and I use the espresso shade a lot (I also have the onyx and the light purple for different looks).

This pencil goes on so smoothly and easily, it is mistake-proof. It lasts all day and even through a light washing with soap and water (although it is not waterproof). Never smudges or bleeds. The color goes on dark without looking unnatural. Having the little smudger sponge on the other end of the pencil is really convenient for when you're doing a "smoky" look.

on 6/14/2010 12:18:00 PM

I have this eyeliner in about 5 different colors and absolutely love each one. It goes on extremely smooth and Im able to create a nice, straight even line. I find that it does smudge a little bit, so I usually set it with a bit of eyeshadow. I love the smudge tip on the end. The color is rich and lasts all day. Does not irritate my eyes at all and washes off really easily at the end of the day.