October 22, 2014 | 1927 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Olive Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2003 8:41:00 PM More reviews by gambitlizard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Has a soft, green scent and leaves my skin super soft without feeling greasy. A nice all-over moisturizer for spring and summer. Not quite rich enough for winter tho'.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2003 11:29:00 AM More reviews by sally2002

I'm 7 months pregnant and I bought this stuff to use on my itchy belly and stretch marks. After 2 weeks of use, I am in LOVE with this moisturizer! It really helps my skin be more supple and moisturized. I've started using it on my legs after shaving too and they've never felt so smooth. Yeah, so it's a bit expensive, but I think it makes up for the price with the high quality. Oh, and I love how the Olive scent is soothing and also doesn't give me a headache (which all my perfumes and other lotions are doing these days - darn hormones!).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2003 10:10:00 AM More reviews by featheralley

Hehehe this was my first body butter and I love it :) It works good on my skin and I like the kool scent too cause it's kind of like cucumber & grass mixed together and gives the fresh smell

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2003 5:00:00 AM More reviews by Jillipede

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The smell is overpowering. It moisturizes really well though. I wish the scent wasn't so strong. I won't buy again just because of the scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2003 8:17:00 AM More reviews by zoe_cts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of Body Shop's lightest body butters which doesn't seem to take forever to sink into my skin. But I'm not a great fan of 'green' scents though.. mainly use this for my hands and shins - the drier parts of my body. My fave body moisturiser now is one from Australian brand The Natural Source - Tropical Sugar Cane Body Whip. It absorbs really well and just makes my skin super soft and smooth with absolutely no stickiness.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2003 8:16:00 AM More reviews by sophie_au

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My one gripe about TBS Body Butters is that I find the label of which skin type each variety is meant for is not always accurate in my experience.

Fortunately, Olive is not one of these. It's meant for Normal to Dry skin, so it was not enough for my dry to very dry skin to become a staple, but nice when I want something light. It's creamy without being greasy.

It does smell like olives, but not the kind most people are familiar with. If, like me, you've ever tried the fruitier varieties of olives (like some Australian species) you will recognise the scent as olive. But it's not a heavy olive oil scent. It's very light, fresh, clean and fruity smelling.

I would buy this again in a mini tub only, because I usually need something more emollient for my skin. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2003 5:45:00 PM More reviews by msbuttercup

Nice, light & creamy, absorbs well into skin. Good moisturizer for body. I didn't mind the herbal scent. May repurchase in future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2003 10:09:00 AM More reviews by missdaisy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was one of the original body butters, along with Mango and Nut (I think). My roommate 3 years ago was the manager of a Body Shop so, we got to try out all the new goodies... ahhh those were the days. Anyhow, this was always my favorite of the lot. It's so creamy and silky, and I love that it's not too thick. I don't have really dry skin, so some of the other butters are just too heavy for my skin. My other favorite is Soy, and now that one is dicontinued. What's a girl to do?

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2003 2:45:00 PM More reviews by coconut103

Although I'm not keen on the new formulation (used to be called "olive oil" and had a nicer consistency), I still use this religiously. I just wish the consistency wasn't changed to become so damn runny. The scent is light and fresh, and it is emollient enough to be moisturizing without being too greasy like some of the other butters. I have tried pretty much all of the butters (except Hemp) and this one leaves my skin the softest and smoothest, and is the longest lasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2003 2:48:00 PM More reviews by leilaverde

This is the best body moisturiser i tried among The Body Shop. Melts on your skin as the product name suggests, its frangrance perks me up! Smells absolutely fresh! Not too greasy too! (^^)