The Body Shop Olive Body Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Olea europaea (Olive Oil) (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Caramel (Colour), CI 77288 (Colour).

on 1/21/2004 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this scent i have been a loyal devotee to the butters since i bought my first one. I bought this one because the scent was more subtle than the cocoanut. I am very picky with moisturizers because i will not use any product with mineral oil in it. these are the most wonderful moisturizers i have ever used (besides my moisturizers i get at the tanning salon)

on 1/8/2004 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My skin is very very dry. Sorta flakey in the winter even. I've tried many brands before, from drugstore brands to more expensive cosmetic brands and was never 100% satisfied with any particular one - either not moisturizing enough or left a greasy waxy film on skin or the scent was way too strong. This Olive Body Butter is nice I think. Smells nice and subtle, and makes my skin smooth and soft without any waxy film.

on 12/20/2003 8:25:00 PM

I was a bit reluctant to purchase this product at first b/c it was a bit pricey ($16) but decided to splurge. After using it a few times, I completely fell in love with it! It smells so good, fresh and clean, not too fruity or sweet like the other body butters. It mosturizes very well and doesn't leave my skin greasy. I love this product and will definitely repurchase along with a few other body butters!

on 12/20/2003 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This smells nice and moisturizes well throughout the day. I like the souflee-like texture. Unfortunately, this also makes my skin itch wherever I put it. Will not repurchase.

on 12/18/2003 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

HANDS DOWN, this is my FAVORITE in the Body Butter "family." I've had relationships with some of the others but, in the end, I always return to the Olive Oil Body Butter -- my first (and true) love!
I started using it when I couldn't deal with the scent of Extra Virgin Olive Oil any longer. It works great! It is not too greasy, and the fragrance is just strong enough to be pleasant, but not too overpowering so as to interfere with other perfumes or fragrances. I used it throughout my pregnancy. I've even got my mother and grandmother hooked!!

on 12/2/2003 4:29:00 PM

This is my favorite body butter. I don't like sweet, foody smells, so the light, almost cucumber scent, is perfect for me. It is too heavy to put on first thing in the morning, so I slather it on right before I go to bed so it can sink in.

on 11/29/2003 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Has a soft, green scent and leaves my skin super soft without feeling greasy. A nice all-over moisturizer for spring and summer. Not quite rich enough for winter tho'.

on 10/30/2003 11:29:00 AM

I'm 7 months pregnant and I bought this stuff to use on my itchy belly and stretch marks. After 2 weeks of use, I am in LOVE with this moisturizer! It really helps my skin be more supple and moisturized. I've started using it on my legs after shaving too and they've never felt so smooth. Yeah, so it's a bit expensive, but I think it makes up for the price with the high quality. Oh, and I love how the Olive scent is soothing and also doesn't give me a headache (which all my perfumes and other lotions are doing these days - darn hormones!).

on 10/18/2003 10:10:00 AM

Hehehe this was my first body butter and I love it :) It works good on my skin and I like the kool scent too cause it's kind of like cucumber & grass mixed together and gives the fresh smell

on 9/15/2003 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The smell is overpowering. It moisturizes really well though. I wish the scent wasn't so strong. I won't buy again just because of the scent.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products