April 18, 2014 | 1352 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Supermoisture Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by dpaschal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is wonderful. I'm been on a mission to replace my beloved MAC hyperreal for several months. I've tried every brand out there....and I do mean EVERY brand (BB, EL, TM, YSL, MUFA, Chanel, Dior, LM....etc.) I have normal to dry skin with huge pores on my nose, and everything I've tried ends up going right in my pores within an hour. I've also tried every primer know to man...LOL. I happily annouce that I have found a winner with this one. It gives medium coverage and makes my skin feel so moisturized. I have a wonderful glow that stays fresh and doesn't go in my pores. I will be using this as my everyday HG foundation. I also tried Clinque's tinted pore minimizer/primer and I think that is also a winner. I have a few more times to try that before my review though. My below hyperreal will only be used on special occassions and maybe in the summer, as I have found hyperreal to be slightly lighter on my skin. I found out that I can still order it from the MAC Pro store and have shipped to NC. Thanks Clinque for such a wonderful product.
UPDATE: I had to change my review because I was finding that this does not stay on as long as I would like. Still a very good product, and I would use again if my new HG foundation...MAC Face & Body were not available.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by ninimercy

I think this stuff is pretty nice. I managed to find a shade for my olive medium skin, Vanilla. It blends in quite well and doesn't just seem to sit on my face like their Perfectly Real did. I'd never tried anything from Clinique before. I usually use mineral foundations but have lately found that it leaves flakes on my face, probably because of Winter, so this moisturizing but not greasy foundation solved that problem! I have some moderate acne blemishes on the jawline, and I wish this stuff provided better coverage for that, but it's definitely great for evening out skin tone and covering redness. I'd buy it again!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2009 8:29:00 AM More reviews by mpshouse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When my skin became ridiuculously dry this winter despite constant moisturizing, I decided to try a layer of moisturizing foundation over my ss. I picked up a 10-day sample of this, and after 2 weeks, there's still 3/4 of it left, with using it 5x week. Just a tiny bit, applied and stippled with my brush, gives a very sheer TM effect. I can notice tiny sparkles if the light hits it just right, but they're definitely not obvious. It can be applied more thickly for more coverage, but I personally find that a thicker application/building up of Supermoisture seems to give an aging effect, maybe because of the sparkles. I have noticed a difference in my skin, after washing, since switching to Supermoisture. I do think that its oils have helped seal in moisture and protect my skin's barrier. Will repurchase next winter, but will switch for warmer weather.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by colorcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT: Ended up really disliking this: it clumps in pores and applies unevenly, plus it is indeed oddly sparkley. Moved on a year or so ago to Chanel's Lift Lumiere and couldn't be happier.

Just left this part of my original review in case it's helpful:
As for the colors, they aren't bad: I have fair slightly yellow skin that also has some red in it (yes, confusing), and I use Linen (light, very slightly yellow/neutral) mixed with a small bit of Ivory (darker, neutral/pink). Sometimes I mix the 2 with moisturizer to thin out the consistency (and increase hydration) because I do find the finish slightly thicker than I like. I don't mind the mixing of colors, because I rarely find a good match in any foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2009 8:18:00 AM More reviews by punkelikat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I only have a sample of this, but I think I can write a review for it anyway. Because I only have one thing to say: Glitter! It's not a bad foundation, really, it's just that it's so glittery. I look like a discoball. Gee, and I'm going to a concert tonight.. I will look like Edward Cullen in sunlight!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by dressforms6846

I loved this prouduct it went on nice and looked great but it just didn't stay on long enough i switched to the almost makeup and it stays on much longer, to me they cover the same just the almost makeup gets me through a day at school instead of half with the supermoisture

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 8:44:00 AM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is exactly like MAC Mineralize Satinfinish...I would put money on them being the exact same product and therefore I am returning it for the same reasons I returned the MAC version. Splotchy coverage. Just feels yucky, tacky. I tried to work with sponge, brush, fingers....to no avail.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, I'm a huge Clinique fan, and use and love their Almost Makeup, but since it's winter, and my skin is so dehydrated, I thought I'd give this formula a try. Well...let's just say, I returned it the very next day! I am a pro at applying foundation, and this stuff just looked splotchy no matter what I did! It also kept balling up, ew! Not the smooth, seamless look I expect from a HE foundation. I didn't find it greasy or anything, and the shade was decent (I bought the lightest one). The almost makeup is undetectable on my skin, even up close, so I'll stick to that! I was extremely disappointed by this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by boo_hiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this makeup for about a week now, and I like it. I got it because where I live it is SO cold and dry, I was starting to get a weird dry patch of skin on my forehead that I think was exacerbated by my Colorstay foundation, so I thought I would try this instead. It has helped a lot, so I'm concluding that this foundation is extremely moisturizing. It's a nice texture and really easy to blend. I have no idea what glitter other people are talking about. On me this just has a nice, natural, dewey finish, not too matte. The packaging is also great, a clear squeezy tube. I have a feeling this will be unwearable during the wetter spring and summer, at least for me, but I'll save it for wintertime for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by dragonflygirl7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow! I loved the texture of this and the natural but great coverage, but about halfway through the day the shine on my face was...well I can't lie...atrocious! And, we are in 30 degree weather! It was so comfortable to wear that I'm devastated that the finish is so yucky. I don't mind a little glow, but this is ridiculous....Oh well, back to the drawing board.