August 23, 2014 | 1777 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Supermoisture Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by spring416

I have been using this product for about a month and I have been happy with it so far. I have dry skin which has gotten drier as I've gotten older, so tried it because of the "Supermoisture" in the name. I don't like to wear a lot of makeup. This provides moderate coverage, and I don't feel like I have a lot of makeup on. It also gives a dewy look. It does not have SPF, but I always use a moisturizer with SPF so that doesn't bother me. I will definitely purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by lilyuyen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like the old version better. the new one is less shimmery and is too light.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 8:00:00 PM More reviews by pattyshine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am always reviewing foundations. My skin is changing and I am changing foundations for the first time in a long time. I had a cache of the foundations I have used, and now I am afraid I will have to put them aside for a while.
My superdry skin has become superdrier. I saw reviews for this foundation on MUA and thought - supermoist? That sounds good.
I proceeded to hurriedly get to the mall and was matched for Ivory 04, one of the lightest shades. I put my El Daywear Plus on lightly, used a bit of this foundation and set with my honey beige airspun powder.
I put my peach terrazzio Merle Norman blush on with a kubuki brush.
Is this really me, I said to myself. Who is this person? I went shopping that afternoon in Beaumont, Texas and I cannot tell you how many people commented on my skin. With my coral lipstick and my peach blush I felt radiant, but did not expect others to say so exactly.
I am not bragging - it is the foundation's fault. I have never used anything like it and do not even understand it - why it looks this good.
It is very moist looking, so without a bit of dusting powder to set it, it looks too gleamy, but then - Voila! - the miracle happens. I was so happy, I bought another tube that very afternoon! You know how they are ALWAYS discontinuing our favorite things. I am digressing, but EL discontinued their True, Futurist, and Sumptious lipsticks - all of these were great. I had the grace to stock up on some of my favorites.
I will keep a watch that they do not do that to this wonderful foundation - might have to sue! (grin) If your dry skin is frustrating you like a dust-bomb - try this!!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2009 10:33:00 AM More reviews by SuperPeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in December since my skin has been absolutely crazy dry this winter. My previous powder foundation was really drying out my skin and emphasizing the flakes and redness. It does a great job with coverage and does not seem to irritate my sensitive skin - although I have noticed that I have more clogged pores than before but I have attributed this to whatever hormonal changes are impacting my skin.
Until I find something better this is the foundation for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 5:00:00 AM More reviews by PaleBrunette

I just couldn't afford my beloved Chantecaille Future Skin, so I went looking for an alternative. This is the foundation I turn to when money is tight. I like it for when my skin is feeling dry. This gives good coverage, feels dewy and has an almost invisible shimmer to it. My shade is 06 Neutral.
I am on my second tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by dpaschal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is wonderful. I'm been on a mission to replace my beloved MAC hyperreal for several months. I've tried every brand out there....and I do mean EVERY brand (BB, EL, TM, YSL, MUFA, Chanel, Dior, LM....etc.) I have normal to dry skin with huge pores on my nose, and everything I've tried ends up going right in my pores within an hour. I've also tried every primer know to man...LOL. I happily annouce that I have found a winner with this one. It gives medium coverage and makes my skin feel so moisturized. I have a wonderful glow that stays fresh and doesn't go in my pores. I will be using this as my everyday HG foundation. I also tried Clinque's tinted pore minimizer/primer and I think that is also a winner. I have a few more times to try that before my review though. My below hyperreal will only be used on special occassions and maybe in the summer, as I have found hyperreal to be slightly lighter on my skin. I found out that I can still order it from the MAC Pro store and have shipped to NC. Thanks Clinque for such a wonderful product.
UPDATE: I had to change my review because I was finding that this does not stay on as long as I would like. Still a very good product, and I would use again if my new HG foundation...MAC Face & Body were not available.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by ninimercy

I think this stuff is pretty nice. I managed to find a shade for my olive medium skin, Vanilla. It blends in quite well and doesn't just seem to sit on my face like their Perfectly Real did. I'd never tried anything from Clinique before. I usually use mineral foundations but have lately found that it leaves flakes on my face, probably because of Winter, so this moisturizing but not greasy foundation solved that problem! I have some moderate acne blemishes on the jawline, and I wish this stuff provided better coverage for that, but it's definitely great for evening out skin tone and covering redness. I'd buy it again!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2009 8:29:00 AM More reviews by mpshouse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When my skin became ridiuculously dry this winter despite constant moisturizing, I decided to try a layer of moisturizing foundation over my ss. I picked up a 10-day sample of this, and after 2 weeks, there's still 3/4 of it left, with using it 5x week. Just a tiny bit, applied and stippled with my brush, gives a very sheer TM effect. I can notice tiny sparkles if the light hits it just right, but they're definitely not obvious. It can be applied more thickly for more coverage, but I personally find that a thicker application/building up of Supermoisture seems to give an aging effect, maybe because of the sparkles. I have noticed a difference in my skin, after washing, since switching to Supermoisture. I do think that its oils have helped seal in moisture and protect my skin's barrier. Will repurchase next winter, but will switch for warmer weather.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by colorcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT: Ended up really disliking this: it clumps in pores and applies unevenly, plus it is indeed oddly sparkley. Moved on a year or so ago to Chanel's Lift Lumiere and couldn't be happier.

Just left this part of my original review in case it's helpful:
As for the colors, they aren't bad: I have fair slightly yellow skin that also has some red in it (yes, confusing), and I use Linen (light, very slightly yellow/neutral) mixed with a small bit of Ivory (darker, neutral/pink). Sometimes I mix the 2 with moisturizer to thin out the consistency (and increase hydration) because I do find the finish slightly thicker than I like. I don't mind the mixing of colors, because I rarely find a good match in any foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2009 8:18:00 AM More reviews by punkelikat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I only have a sample of this, but I think I can write a review for it anyway. Because I only have one thing to say: Glitter! It's not a bad foundation, really, it's just that it's so glittery. I look like a discoball. Gee, and I'm going to a concert tonight.. I will look like Edward Cullen in sunlight!