February 27, 2015 | 2053 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by nattyngeorge

This lotion is awesome. After reading all of the positive reviews for this lotion, I really wanted to give it a try. But, I really didn't want to purchase such a big bottle if it was going to be a mediocre lotion I wouldn't end up using even despite the reasonable price. I really hate large, bulky products... I have no room for them. Anyway, recently at Target I saw travel sized tubes of these for $1 (you know, in those various $1+ bins). Very happy - I purchased a tube. Since the tube is small, I have been using it as a hand lotion. I've been pretty consistently applying a small amount to my hands in the morning and at night. I love that its not a heavy lotion.. Its thin, smells very soothing and absorbs quickly without leaving an oily residue behind. I love that if I wash my hands after I applied this, my hands still feel moisturized and the moisture doesnt seem to rinse away like some other lotions. My hands are so much softer than they were prior. I have my Mom hooked on it too.. She loves it and is always telling me to feel her hands. Im almost done now with my travel size and i'll be purchasing another one to keep in my purse and the large size for my body. *If you suffer from severely dry/cracked hands, I cant say for sure if this would work for you. It absolutely might.. But speaking for myself, my hands weren't THAT dry to begin with. They were pretty "normal", now they are as silky as can be. Otherwise, this would be a great body lotion.. Considering thats what it is anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by BellaCat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this. It has Urea in it, which is great for adding softness to your skin without greasiness.

The smell reminds me of a bowl of warm oatmeal with sweet vanilla added in....LOL. I use to before bed and it relaxes me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Dq287

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love everything about this lotion.. It smells amazing to me and provides just enough moisture for my skin. I will probably purchase this over and over and over again. I see no reason to buy any other lotion. St. Ives is affordable, has huge bottles that last forever, and is good quality (IMO). Good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by felic1983

I love this lotion. I have eczema and this lotion does not irritate my skin. My skin just absorbs this. I use this all over my body at night and by morning my skin is so soft and moisturized. I also use some on my hands and I don't feel that coating afterwards, unlike some of the other lotions that I've tried. The scent is not a strong smell. Sort of like vanilla.I will definitely purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 7:37:00 AM More reviews by g60girl

Holy cow, this is my new HG body lotion! My skin has been sooo dry and realllly itchy with this harsh Michigan winter. I tried some of this in the store and my hands were so soft and not greasy..so I decided to buy a full size bottle. While walking around the store I found they had a special deal with TWO 18oz bottles packaged together for only $6. I now have one at home and one at work. I just hope they never discontinue it.
It leaves my skin soft, not greasy, and the scent is not overwhelming, just a soft scent of cocoa butter.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by HannaRosee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this (: !
It's extremely lightweight, and doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy. I'm a big fan of the smell of coconut/shea butter/vanilla etc. so the smell is absolutely amazing ! It smells almost exactly like Herbal Essence's Hello Hydration shampoo ..
I actually bought a travel version of this at target (Less then a dollar!?) to sample it, and now I have at least 3 more to put in my purse, gym bag etc .

Amazing ♥ !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by KatrinTreichel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

OH DEAR LORD! This is the best moisturizer on the planet! It is so moisturizing and it smells great! I feel like it really tones my skin and brings out my tan! For the price it is fantastic and all I have to say is that I am truly in love with this product! I use the body wash as well! I like it so much! THere are really no negatives except for with my last one when there was very little left it was hard to get it out but other that that it is amazing and non-greasy! I have turned my whole family onto it! My mom my sister and my dad! When I first got it they would all line up in the morning for some and then I went and bought them all some as well! It enriches my nails as well! I have noticed such an improvement in my skin tone! I feel like it even fades scars from mosquito bites of my youth! I am a moisturizer aholic and I use this over the 30$ moisturizer from the Body Shop!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by hoangrl

I love St Ives moisturisers! i have 2 types that i regularly use. The Aloe and camomile and this oatmeal and shea butter. I use this one regularly on my body every night before i go to bed. Great all over body lotion, smells wonderful, abosorbs very quickly and doesnt leave your body greasy. its also doesnt have parabens so yay! The packaging is good and i love pump packs for large body moisturisers. The price is fab, In Australia we pay a tad more but when there is a specail i can get one big bottle for abut $7. I picked up the Aloe and Camomile one for $3 at the Reject store. I subsequently bought 2 so I could have one at my desk for work. The aloe one works just as well and smells so light and refreshing. Anyway these are great body moisturisers, when used at night, next day my skin is all smooth and soft. They are so ceap and so effective! But in saying its cheap its not a cheap and nasty moisturiser. This is a high quality body moisturier for a fantastic price. Keep it up St Ives! buy it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by belleepoque

I haven't used a St. Ives lotion in ages, and I forgot how amazing they are. Price is right ($5.99 for 18 ounces - ridiculous), and the texture is great; this absorbs fast and lasts all day. This isn't heavy or greasy at all and therefore would be great to use all year. I'm not in love with the smell, but it's subtle and doesn't bother me. Great find!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

oatmeal and shea butter is a marvellous body lotion that is almost a face cream! Meaning the ingredients in it moisturize like a face cream!i combine it with collagen ellasttin lotion. And noticed that my skin was super soft ,and that it helped for the ellasticity of my skin.love the smell and the velvet texture!