July 30, 2014 | 1425 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea butter

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by keanthony

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wish this did work for me, especially for the price. My husband liked the way this smelled on me, but after awhile, I couldn't stand it! My skin was extremely dry a couple of minutes out of the shower. That fact plus the smell will keep me from buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by gcollier97

I lovethis lotion! It leaves my skin so soft. It isnt greasy at all and smells slightly of vanilla. I especialy love to use it on my legs, it is great after shaving.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by sheridanf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i am in absolute love with this lotion. i have been a loyal queen helene fan for a couple years now and i heard all of the great reviews about this and tried it and am so happy i did! my legs tend to get dry a lot because i shave everyday unfortunately and this puts so much moisture back into them. my legs are like silk all day even after an 8 hour shift at work wearing skinny jeans! i am so pleased and the smell is awesome it's like a vanilla, very attractive. i have found my HG lotion!!! and i love the pump, so easy to use as much as you want without wrestling around queen helene's huge bottle, even though it is still a great product and very cheap! st ives took the cake though for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by french_flower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The Oatmeal and Shea Butter is a pleasant scent that isn't overpowering and also really moisturizing my dry skin. I use this lotion as a moisturizing base under some of my lotions that smell nice but don't adequately moisturize my skin, or if I want soft skin without the strong scent of many other lotions. The packaging is also great - the pump ensures that you only get as much lotion as you want, and the bottle has lasted forever. Well worth the money spent.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 3:46:00 AM More reviews by ohpoodlesticks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this body lotion. It is honestly the greatest lotion I have ever used. I first heard about from a beauty guru on Youtube and I finally went and got it. It smells amazing! And it moisturizes really well. Definitely recommended. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by hawaiian_tropic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

great moisturizer!! Super cheap and great quality. Non greasy,sticky, and does a great job of moisturizing. The scent is also very nice too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by thelaurenator

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay. I have a few gripes about this product. One, there is like NO colloidal oatmeal in this product. It is the very last ingredient, so whatever is there is infinitesimal. This is certainly NOT a natural or naturally-derived product, though it markets itself as such.

It's cheap. The scent is light and unoffensive. However, it burns the skin on my arms and legs when I put it on, despite it being marketed towards people with dry, itchy skin. If your skin is truly sensitive, stay away from this stuff. It's supposedly "non-irritating," but I found it to be the opposite. That said, it is a good moisturizer, once it gets past the burning stage on my skin, but it hurts so much I really don't like to use it.

If you want a product with substantial amounts of natural ingredients, try Aveeno or even better, go with a natural, homemade product from one of the many sellers on Etsy or Ebay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

I really like this product. For the price, it's a great moisturiser. I like to use it on my feet, legs, arms and funny bone area after I've showered and before I go to bed. It smells wonderful, and is great for my sensitive skin - even after shaving. I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a budget moisturiser, which is specially important during winter. I go through moisturiser like it's nobody's business, so cheap and effective is the way forward!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This lotion is great. It's exactly what I've been looking for, and fits perfectly into my budget. A full 18 oz pump bottle for $3, smells wonderful, and keeps my skin feeling comfortable and soft. It absorbs quickly, so I don't have to worry about sticking to everything (one reason why I don't apply lotion as often as I should). The scent is sweet, but not overpowering and won't interfere with my perfumes. My skin isn't overly dry, but due to my crappy apartment water it does get tight and itchy if I don't use lotion every so often, which makes this the perfect lotion for me. I'd definitely recommend this to those with normal skin just looking for a simple, everyday lotion. For $3 you can't ask for more.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by maddios

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Between constant dry skin and working at Bath and Body Works, I've tried my fair share of lotions in my 22 years. St. Ives is hands down the best lotion brand I've found for minimizing the appearance of my keratosis pilaris, and the Oatmeal and Shea Butter is one of my favorites. It's very thick but not greasy. The packaging is fine until it gets too low, then I have to move the remainder to a jar. I'm not a huge fan of strongly-scented lotions, but this smells quite soothing. And the price! I just got some more today on sale at Target for 2.99. Awesome.