April 17, 2014 | 1758 users online

Cleansers - Spectro - Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish-Prone Skin (Fragrance Free)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by glow26

Ever since I was a teen, I have searched and searched for that one "miracle" product that would actually make my skin look and feel beautiful. Well, I can now say that I think I may be that much closer.

I purchased Spectro Jel for Sensitive and Problem Prone Skin because it said that it was ph balanced, contained no soap, and most of all, because it claimed to "wash away surface skin bacteria and dead skin cells". Well, I can say that since using this product (it's been about 4 months, I use it only at night, and I still have half a bottle left!) my skin has improved immensly. My once bumpy, irritated cheeks and chin are now smooth, and do not feel tight after washing. Also the redness has pretty much disappeared. Finally!!

I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone who has sensitive, combo/dry skin like myself.

Price: about $8 Cdn from my local Shoppers Drug Mart
I would definitly buy this product again!

***as a side note...the temperature here recently took a nose dive to minus 50 celsius (no that was not a typo) and I still use this product...although I have noticed that my skin tends to be a little more dry now, it still remains very soft. I am now in search for the "perfect" moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by SeaOfHuManatees

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually use the Spectro Jel cleanser for Oily/Combination skin, however now that I am pregnant my skin has become red and dry/flaky. I switched to this cleanser and even after 1 day of use, my skin looks almost transformed. The redness is gone and the flakes are almost completely cleared up. My skin feels clean and soft. I will definitely continue to use this cleanser throughout the rest of my pregnancy and when/if my skin returns to its normal state I will go back to using the cleanser for oily/combination skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by honey321

I've used this product for two weeks and I like it so far. I use it every morning and night and it doesn't dry my skin at all, unlike other drugstore cleansers. My skin feels slightly moisturized after using it. I have combination, acne-prone skin. I still get pimples, but not as much as I used to before. My cheeks feel incredibly soft too. I think this does a decent job when it comes to cleansing my skin. It doesn't take off all my makeup, but I use baby wipes for that. At SDM, I bought it on sale for a 500ml bottle, which was crazy. I will definitely repurchase this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by mizz_kay

This is a great light cleanser for most skin types (definitely not for oily skin). It is a gel cleanser so I believe it absorbs dirt well when massaged unto the face. I use this very frequently in conjunction with other cleansers, and will buy over and over again. Definitely a staple.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Dreamy

I've used this product for a number of years. I have very allergic and fussy skin, so I love using this because it's non-irritating. I find it especially effective for me in the summer - where it leaves my skin very soft, smooth, and in no need of moisturizer after. My skin feels very, very clean when I use it.

However, I took off one lippie because in winter, it dries out my cheeks a bit (so I use some Eucerin afterwards). I've now switched to generic Cetaphil (Shoppers Drug Mart version) because I feel it's better for my skin in winter, followed by Neutrogena Alcohol-Free toner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 11:32:00 PM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using this product for more than 5 years. My face is VERY sensitive as I use prescription acne creams. Even Cetaphil was a bit strong for me. My dermatologist recommended this to me and I am so glad that this product came into my life. It is so gentle. It won't remove your eye makeup so you will have to use eye makeup remover prior to cleansing. It does remove my foundation though. Obviously it doesn't have the appeasing lather and the scent. But those are not important as long as the product works! I think most people need to realize that a cleanser will NOT clear up your skin alone. If you have something more than mild acne (i.e. 2 or 3 pimples here and there), you will most definitely need to use something stronger (i.e. prescription creams or oral medication) than just a cleanser you buy at the drugstore or department store. All in all, Spectro Jel has helped keep my face clean and moisturized. I just wish they had travel sizes so I can take it with me everywhere I go =)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2008 6:20:00 PM More reviews by apriljoy017

Kei for some reasons this cleanser makes my face tight after.. It's just ok.. Ithink you will see a dramatic difference on your face in like 2-3 months.. It's very gentle and doesn't lather.. It's in gel form and when you put it on your face it stays on gel.. The scent does not bother me at all.. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Kelky

After using a Neutrogena product, my skin broke out like crazy. My friend recommended that I try Spectro, as it's what's her dermatologist recommended to her.

I purchased it two days ago and I ALREADY notice a different in my skin. For one, my acne is clearing up and is already less red and visible. Also, I've noticed my skin feels much softer.

I will continue to use this product and edit my review in a month :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by louy

My dermatologist recommended this cleanser when I was 16 years old and I have been using it ever since, off and on, of course. I always keep coming back to this as it never dries out my skin. I use this in the morning as I don't feel that a "good deep clean" is necessary when all you've done is sleep. It takes a while to get use to it but once you use it for a month or so, go back to a standard cleanser and you'll see the benefit to this cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Katty

I usually purchase a huge pump bottle of this product at Costco and it lasts a long time. I only use it in the morning since it does not remove makeup very well. It is a gel consistency and I love the way it makes my skin look. My skin looks better the longer I massage it onto my face. Spectro Jel leaves my skin feeling soft and lightly moisturized. I love it and will continue to use!