October 21, 2014 | 1946 users online

Cleansers - Spectro - Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish-Prone Skin (Fragrance Free)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by tccnj14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great cleanser. My doctor recommended that I use it a couple years ago, but I stopped using it (for some stupid reason) I used literally EVERY face cleanser there was in the store. Most of them just made my breakouts even worse, I then went back to the store and bought Spectro Jel, which was clearly, a smart decision. I love it, it has cleared up a bit of my blotchy skin, and it's helped my breakouts. It also doesn't irritate my SUPER sensitive skin. It isn't like a miracle cleanser, but it really helps. It doesn't work over night or anything, I've been using it around 2 weeks, but I'm still happy I bought it again!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by dyanp989

I think I have found my HG! Based on the reviews here, I decided to give this a shot a month ago ... understanding that it smells weird and doesn't remove makeup, I kept my cetaphil (which works great, but dries me out). I use this alone in the morning and after my cetaphil at night. My skin has never been so soft and healthy looking. My skin is less oily during the day and not nearly as cranky as it has been ...

Thanks MUA!

UPDATE: As the seasons changed, this does not work so well for me, taking off 2 lippies ...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by grouchie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first gotthis as a sample w/ my boyfriend's Spectro Jel (he uses the Combination Skin kind with the Orange on the bottle). I love it, much better then Cetaphil & Reversa 3 in 1 Mild Gel Cleanser.

COST: It's cheap for the amount that you get & the amount that's used.

METHOD: That being said I do use a makeup remover first at night if I have lots of makeup on, and on my eyes always (I use waterproof mascara). I use a pump of this on dry skin (or after the m/u remover), massage in, then wash of with a wet face cloth or a scrubby thing I have laying around. I've used it w/o water in a pinch (camping), just wiping it off w/ a cosmetic cotton pad & it's been great as well!

OVERALL: It gets rid of surface debris, I haven't broken out & it doesn't dry out my finicky skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by brandsjunkie

when i first starting using this product i thought it smelt kinda weird. i guess that's the smell of it when there is no fragrance? but umm after using it for a few months now i'm used to it. i use this cleanser daily and it helps even out my skin tone. i have really sensitive and break out at least once a month. this product has definitely helped my skin. it's now less red, overall looking more healthy. i'll probably buy it again in a few months. i like to switch in between cleansers.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by lian_williams44

DO NOT BUY THIS TO REMOVE MAKEUP! if you want to use this twice daily you've got be somone who either uses a different product for makeup removal or someone who does not wear makeup at all. That said, I wear makeup everyday so i use a different cleanser at night. in the morning i use this. it definitely does not lather at all, but it does moisturize. idk what happened to my skin but for a while it was very very dry and itchy so i bought this in hopes it would bring some relief to my newly-sensitve skin and it has! *cheers* like other reviewers have said, give it about a month and you'll feel the difference in your skin-mine has become more soft, moisturized and radiant and you feel better b/c the list of ingredients in this cleanser is a very short one so you're not putting any harsh chemicals on your skin. i would compare this cleanser to cetaphil, but better!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 12:06:00 PM More reviews by missy24680

ordered this based on MUA reviews, wanted something simple and effective...this did not remove any makeup oil or residue, it definately did not give me the clean feeling, very dissapointed...maybe im just a lather type of gal...this def does not lather up

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by squeex

I was so excited to try this, because of the rave reviews. I ran out to Superstore and bought a 500ml bottle for $11.50--cheap! When I got home, I slathered this on my face and struggled to get all my makeup off. After I rinsed my face, it turned all itchy and red. I will not be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by ballerboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My dermatologist recommended this product because I have very sensitive skin that becomes irritated and dry. I have used it upon his suggestion for about 6 years now and my face is looking and feeling great! It not only works as a facial cleanser but also a makeup remover. Since it is so gentle, I also use it to wash my makeup brushes. For better bang for the buck buy this product at Coscto cause you can get the big economy size bottle for only $15 and it lasts a long time!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by glow26

Ever since I was a teen, I have searched and searched for that one "miracle" product that would actually make my skin look and feel beautiful. Well, I can now say that I think I may be that much closer.

I purchased Spectro Jel for Sensitive and Problem Prone Skin because it said that it was ph balanced, contained no soap, and most of all, because it claimed to "wash away surface skin bacteria and dead skin cells". Well, I can say that since using this product (it's been about 4 months, I use it only at night, and I still have half a bottle left!) my skin has improved immensly. My once bumpy, irritated cheeks and chin are now smooth, and do not feel tight after washing. Also the redness has pretty much disappeared. Finally!!

I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone who has sensitive, combo/dry skin like myself.

Price: about $8 Cdn from my local Shoppers Drug Mart
I would definitly buy this product again!

***as a side note...the temperature here recently took a nose dive to minus 50 celsius (no that was not a typo) and I still use this product...although I have noticed that my skin tends to be a little more dry now, it still remains very soft. I am now in search for the "perfect" moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by SeaOfHuManatees

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually use the Spectro Jel cleanser for Oily/Combination skin, however now that I am pregnant my skin has become red and dry/flaky. I switched to this cleanser and even after 1 day of use, my skin looks almost transformed. The redness is gone and the flakes are almost completely cleared up. My skin feels clean and soft. I will definitely continue to use this cleanser throughout the rest of my pregnancy and when/if my skin returns to its normal state I will go back to using the cleanser for oily/combination skin.