April 17, 2014 | 1970 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Midnight Poison

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by pussytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i got a sample of this from sephora recently and it smells like DIRT. i think i would vomit if i ever smelled this on someone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2007 12:34:00 PM More reviews by star_s_l_b

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this, along with Hypnotic Poison are my two favorites in the Poison collection. I am a sucker for dark, rich scents. Maybe I just like annoying my co workers by leaving a fog of perfume wherever I go. At any rate, Midnight Posion starts off with a gorgeous blue bottle and inside has a scent of dark florals w/a hint (a teeny hint, IMO) of patchouli. It's a perfect wintertime fragrance, but I could see myself being a bit rebellious and wearing it in July. Maybe I'll head to Sephora and pick up the corresponding body lotion.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2007 6:42:00 PM More reviews by pulsar

I am puzzled by the amount of people that seem to hate this perfume. I hope it is a matter of chemistry because on me it is wonderful...and I am not usually a fan of patchouli. It is supposed to be "the perfume of a modern Cinderella".
The first time I tried it I thought: "I can definitely see the "fairytale connection", this perfume is magical."
I was so surprised by all these negative reviews that I started to read on my favourite perfume blogs what the "experts" - people whose taste I trust - thought about this lovely scent. Thruth to be said, the reviews were mostly lukewarm, but I came across one review that sums up the feeling I get from this perfume perfectly: "The drydown of Midnight Poison was as unexpectedly and strangely pleasant as a starless sky" (from the "Cognoscented" blog, Sept 2007)
The patchouli is the main note, in this scent, but it is softened by a little vanilla, which is not overpowering, and "freshened" by a hint of citrus, and amber and rose add comfort and cuddliness...the end result is absolutely lovely. Happily, I don't think it is too heavy for daywear.
I would advice everybody to give it a try.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 12:49:00 PM More reviews by BebeLush

Blue if my favorite color, I adore Eva Green, and Poison perfume is one of the greatest inventions since Ben & Jerry's ice cream, but I this stuff smells like the lining of a gerbal cage. I'll stick with my original Poison and Pure Poison.

Update: Boy, was I wrong! Got this as a gift in lotion form and it's awesome. Still don't care for the perfume version though, but I cannot get enough of the lotion. It's become my everyday scent. Go figure.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2007 7:57:00 PM More reviews by annalisameyer

I look forward to days when I know I'll be near Macy's, because on those days I intentionally skip perfume at home and choose a fragrance I want to sample at the fragrance counter, and enjoy the rest of the day. Most of the time, I'm please with what I choose, but usually don't purchase. Sometimes, I decide I've chosen a fragrance I MUST OWN, and buy it right away. On rare days, I find a scent that I absolutely hate and feel the need to write a review about. Midnight Poison falls into the last category. I can't explain how much I hate this scent. Shortly after I sprayed it on I felt compelled to rush home and wash it off as soon as possible. It is not at all unique, I feel I've smelled it before. It is terrible, awful, I hate hate hate it. Strong, cloying, sharp. I don't like the term "old lady-ish", but it is old lady-ish. It's not often I find a scent about which I can't find anything I like. Midnight Poison is a rare one, that's for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2007 11:58:00 PM More reviews by hotmama4u2sweat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked the fragrance but felt it was a bit too strong. Many people feel it is overpowering and I don't blame them, and it's not the best scent either, I like pure poison better. therefore, I will not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 6:07:00 PM More reviews by minka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love it!!!!it is very modern,dark scent,not old lady smell at all.Very nice drydown.It is a bit masculine but still very much feminine scent I can't see guy wearing it.If you are not into flowery or fruity scents this one is for you.This scent a bit reminds me of Hermes Eau d'Mervielles.Love the bottle!This is my new fave!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2007 7:34:00 PM More reviews by prillita

I agree with the reviewer below! I think it smells absolutely delicious. I got it as a sample in the latest sephora catalogue and I am considering buying the fullsize.

I'll admit, I prefer more "masculine" fragrances, I'm not into intense florals and I hate most fruity scents, so it makes sense that this one appeals to me. I'm really picking up on the patchouli. Mmm I'm not sure what else I'm smelling, but I really like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2007 8:44:00 PM More reviews by JenM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well gee whiz. Now I feel like I must be a man, or at least smell like one, because I have been addicted to wearing this stuff. To me the rose is prominant, and patchouli takes a back seat, making it a very earthy and dark rose fragrance. I could be kidding myself, but I swear, I smell great! I went back to sephora several times just to put this on before I finally bought it. Now I keep sniffing at the bottle and putting drops on whenever I get a chance. It's a keeper for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2007 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful fragrance if you want to smell like a man, but personally I do NOT want to smell like a guy. This has great lasting power, but is way to heavy and heady and masculine for my tastes.