November 22, 2014 | 1967 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Midnight Poison [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2008 8:30:00 PM More reviews by oceanmist27

I love Poison & Pure Poison...Midnight Posion-not at all. I tried it twice on me and it really smelled awful. I don't mind pachouli but this was waaaay overwhelming. And mixed with what I can only describe as a very strong "cough drop" smell = not for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by LOVEMETWO

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My friend was wearing this the other day. I do kinda like it on her, but I kept getting a vicks note in this perfume.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by bellydancer

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The opening is fabulous-- all leather, cedar, tobacco and slight smoky incense.

Unfortunately, the drydown some hours later is kind of powdery vanilla.

Still on the fence about this. Definitely deserves another test.

I'm such a fragrance snob-- I haven't liked any modern Dior fragrances in quite some time. They have all been too "general".

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by pussytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i got a sample of this from sephora recently and it smells like DIRT. i think i would vomit if i ever smelled this on someone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2007 12:34:00 PM More reviews by star_s_l_b

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this, along with Hypnotic Poison are my two favorites in the Poison collection. I am a sucker for dark, rich scents. Maybe I just like annoying my co workers by leaving a fog of perfume wherever I go. At any rate, Midnight Posion starts off with a gorgeous blue bottle and inside has a scent of dark florals w/a hint (a teeny hint, IMO) of patchouli. It's a perfect wintertime fragrance, but I could see myself being a bit rebellious and wearing it in July. Maybe I'll head to Sephora and pick up the corresponding body lotion.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2007 6:42:00 PM More reviews by pulsar

I am puzzled by the amount of people that seem to hate this perfume. I hope it is a matter of chemistry because on me it is wonderful...and I am not usually a fan of patchouli. It is supposed to be "the perfume of a modern Cinderella".
    The first time I tried it I thought: "I can definitely see the "fairytale connection", this perfume is magical."
    I was so surprised by all these negative reviews that I started to read on my favourite perfume blogs what the "experts" - people whose taste I trust - thought about this lovely scent. Thruth to be said, the reviews were mostly lukewarm, but I came across one review that sums up the feeling I get from this perfume perfectly: "The drydown of Midnight Poison was as unexpectedly and strangely pleasant as a starless sky" (from the "Cognoscented" blog, Sept 2007)
    The patchouli is the main note, in this scent, but it is softened by a little vanilla, which is not overpowering, and "freshened" by a hint of citrus, and amber and rose add comfort and cuddliness...the end result is absolutely lovely. Happily, I don't think it is too heavy for daywear.
    I would advice everybody to give it a try.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 12:49:00 PM More reviews by BebeLush

Blue if my favorite color, I adore Eva Green, and Poison perfume is one of the greatest inventions since Ben & Jerry's ice cream, but I this stuff smells like the lining of a gerbal cage. I'll stick with my original Poison and Pure Poison.

Update: Boy, was I wrong! Got this as a gift in lotion form and it's awesome. Still don't care for the perfume version though, but I cannot get enough of the lotion. It's become my everyday scent. Go figure.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2007 7:57:00 PM More reviews by annalisameyer

I look forward to days when I know I'll be near Macy's, because on those days I intentionally skip perfume at home and choose a fragrance I want to sample at the fragrance counter, and enjoy the rest of the day. Most of the time, I'm please with what I choose, but usually don't purchase. Sometimes, I decide I've chosen a fragrance I MUST OWN, and buy it right away. On rare days, I find a scent that I absolutely hate and feel the need to write a review about. Midnight Poison falls into the last category. I can't explain how much I hate this scent. Shortly after I sprayed it on I felt compelled to rush home and wash it off as soon as possible. It is not at all unique, I feel I've smelled it before. It is terrible, awful, I hate hate hate it. Strong, cloying, sharp. I don't like the term "old lady-ish", but it is old lady-ish. It's not often I find a scent about which I can't find anything I like. Midnight Poison is a rare one, that's for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2007 11:58:00 PM More reviews by hotmama4u2sweat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked the fragrance but felt it was a bit too strong. Many people feel it is overpowering and I don't blame them, and it's not the best scent either, I like pure poison better. therefore, I will not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 6:07:00 PM More reviews by minka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love it!!!!it is very modern,dark scent,not old lady smell at all.Very nice drydown.It is a bit masculine but still very much feminine scent I can't see guy wearing it.If you are not into flowery or fruity scents this one is for you.This scent a bit reminds me of Hermes Eau d'Mervielles.Love the bottle!This is my new fave!