April 21, 2014 | 1986 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Bare Study

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by cocopops100

I love this paint pot. This was the second product in my small mac collection and probably my favourite. I'm at high school and many days I will wear this alone to brighten up my eyes and make them pop. Unlike many others I do not find it to shimmery. it makes an exellent base for shadow on top of my UD primer potion. Perfect base for nuetral eyes and colour pops. I don't find it creases to badly even when worn alone. I love it. Only problem is that the corners can dry out if you don't use it in a while. I rarely get this problem as i use it so much though, heheh.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by MrsJustie

I had high hopes for this, but the color payoff isn't the best. It's more sparkly and less shimmery than I wanted. I wanted more color payoff while using a tiny bit of product. I was looking for something more like Make Up For Ever's Aqua creams. I should've just got one of those. :( I'll use this till it runs out just as a base though. I can't get enough color from it to skip a highlight even. If I do put more on it creases.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by pamwaggy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love my paint pots. They don't crease on my eyes and I could never figure out how to stop this happening. (I'm 50) I used every primer there is. So I'm not sure if it's the paint pots that did it because the same day that I bought them I bought the eyelid primer from Guerlaine. With the two together, it was like a miracle.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by emmyn123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love mac paint pots and i had a hard time choosing between Bare Study and rubenesque. But i ended up choosing bare study. I love the color! I use this mostly as a cream eyeshadow because of its beautiful color. I might even purchase rubenesque because of how much i love this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to love my paint pot. I had never used anything that DIDN'T go up in the crease of the eyelid, so I let that go. After I used primer for the first time, of course, I felt that the MAC paint pot was a bit too greasy and didn't have the staying power I wanted. I do, however, love the colour of the MAC paint pot in Bare Study. It's a lovely shimmery colour. I now use it over a primer and have better results.

If you were looking at this because you thought about using it as a primer, like I did when I first bought it -- do yourself a favour and get something else. Something more suited to your needs.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 5:17:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

I find this a totally mediocre product for the price, it seems to ball up in mess (all mac paintpots do this on me) enhance creasing, and try to apply anything over it and it just looks cakey. Much better off buying a generic eye primer, or if you want a good substitute - try Loreal HIP's shadow paint in Lofty - its almost the same colour or go get Maybellines color tattoo in 'barely branded' both of these hold shadow and wear a hundred times better than MACS.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite products, I think this is how my obsession with MAC began! Bare Study makes a beautiful non-crease base for eyeshadows, it is incredibly light yet it gives such a beautiful colour. The colour is a champagne-like, natural colour with iridescent shimmer..beautiful! It can be worn alone or as a base.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Backstagebambi

I really like this product! ive had it over a year and i am not even half way through! it is creamy! and i love it in the summer just as a all over color and some mascara! really brightens up your eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Mittenzzs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so to be honest, I don't actually own this product, it belongs to my mom. But I love it anyway! It looks great on its own, or you can use it as a base. It lasts for a long time too (I used it for my graduation dance!). Even I don't own it, I would definitely buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by splashofpink989

I love this! I got it was one of my first MAC products and fell in love! It is absolutely beautoful under any eyeshadow, or just plain. I adds a champagne shimmer to your everday eye look, and brightens your eyes if you wear it on your own. It is an awesome base, and doesn't crease after 8 hours. I looked at my eyeshadow after i was gone from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m and my eyeshadow was still perfect. I definitly recommend this. The packaging is so cute, and really sturdy. I dropped mine on a hardwood floor many times and it still didn't break so don't be worried about that. It is an all around great product that i recommend for everyone. I will be repurchasing it.