Matrix Sleek Look Conditioner

4.1

2009 REFORMULATION: Water , Cetearyl Alcohol , Behentrimonium Chloride , Glycerin , Amodimethicone , Cetyl Esters , Methylparaben , Fragrance , Trideceth-6 , Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil , Apricot Kernel Oil , Shea Butter , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Benzyl Salicylate , Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride , Cetrimonium Chloride , 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol , Hexyl Cinnamal , Butylphenyl Methylpropional -----------ORIGINAL FORMULA: Aqua/Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Lanolin, Parfum/Fragrance, Cetyl Esters, Methylparaben, Benzyl Salicylate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Chlorehexidine Dihydrochloride, Butyrospepermum Parkii/Shea Butter, Limonene, Silk Amino Acids

I just finished up a HUGE bottle of this from about three years ago, and I still love it. It makes my long, coarse, color-treated hair so soft and easy to comb through. It also doesn't build up like most moisturizing conditioners do, which is a MAJOR plus. My only gripe is the SMELL. It smells like straight chemicals to me, not fresh and clean at all. I figured since it had been so long since I bought this they might have changed the scent/formula a little bit, but it still has that same strange chemical smell. That's okay, though. I can get over the scent as long as this keeps working the way it has. :)

on 5/25/2006 11:19:00 AM

This is one of the best conditioners I have found at a reasonable price. Helps my wavy hair smooth out without being flat, and moisturizes well. Has a nice smell, but definitely not an overpowering one. A thick conditioner that really seems to do something. This is one of the few conditioners I have used where I can wash my hair, not blow-dry, and have it come out non-poofy.

on 5/17/2006 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

There is not a thing that I do not like about this conditioner. Althought it is meant to make hair sleek and straight, my natural curls blossomed and looked their best. It controlled the frizz and detangled my hair without any build-up. I love the shampoo from the same line too. Highly recommended to people with thick and coarse hair.

on 4/27/2006 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This conditioner works really well!!! It does everything it's supposed to. It makes my hair soft and smooth. It also helps my hair do what I want it to do. It's got a nice consistency and lots of slip. The smell is nice and light also, which is another good thing about this product. I will be repurchasing!

on 4/17/2006 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Love this conditioner! Makes my hair tangle free, silky, shiny, and smooth. It was recommended to me by the salon to moisturize my dry hair. My HG conditioner.

on 3/21/2006 4:16:00 AM

i like this alright. it is a good defrizzer but sometimes makes my hair TOO sleek. also has a weird chemical smell that i don't care for and isn't as hydrating as i would like. but i've gotten so used to smooth hair, i don't like the way my hair looks and feels when i switch to something else. i got a the big liter sizes of the shampoo and condish...haven't decided if i'll repurchase when they're gone...

edit: i didn't realize just how drying this was until i ran out and switched back to my standby davine's. like night and day.

on 2/25/2006 2:09:00 PM

I LOVE this conditioner. I got addicted to it while in cosmetology school and have tried my hardest not to use anything else. My hair is curly/frizzy but you would never know it when I use this product. A+!

on 2/20/2006 10:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love this conditioner. Once I've blown dry my hair, throw a little anti-frizz cream or Silk treatment into it, I'm ready to go... gotten a lot of compliments of late. Not in love with the huge bottle, since the conditioner is thick, need to shake it a lot to get it out... but worth the hassle in the end.

on 2/7/2006 10:06:00 PM

just like the shampoo i love this stuff. it smells great, doesnt give me dandruff flakes, and makes my hair smooth and soft and not greasy/

on 2/4/2006 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have thick 3b-c hair that I flatiron everyday with my Sedu flatiron, and Sleek conditioner with the matching condtioner really helps to keep my hair managable. It's very moisturizing, but I definitely need to clarify. It does build up. It doesn't break out my face or back, so it's definitely a keeper for me. I rotate it with Joico Silk Results. These are my two holygrail shampoos. Nothing else works better to make my hair more managable. My only complaints about sleek are the smell and orange packaging - not very sleek to me! I don't really care for those two factors, but it works on this crazy hair of mine, so I use it regardless. Clarifying is a must for me with the Sleek poo & conditioner.