September 17, 2014 | 2047 users online

Hair Styling Tools - GHD - IV Styler (all sizes)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by mrockas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have thick, wavy, frizzy hair. I've been straightening my hair for years and after lots of no-name straighteners, I decided to spring for this one. I am so happy I did!

At first I was afraid it would make my hair "too straight" (I don't like the stick straight, non-voluminous, with no curl/flip look)... While there is definitely the possibility for a stick straight look, rounded edge allowed me to add shape and volume! My hair was shiny! Flyaways were tamed! The styler did not snag on my hair! This product is amazing!

PS. It heats up in seconds too!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by nstoja

I purchased this flat iron about 1.5 years ago. I use it a few times a month (about 4 times) and have not had any problems with it technically speaking (i.e. breaking, not heating etc). It smooths the hair beautifully however, I did get a lot of split ends after using it for about 7 months. I think this is the case regardless of the flat iron though. Excessive heat will eventually lead to breakage and split ends. It is very pricey as I paid well over 300$ for the professional 1.5 inch iron. I found that using the CHI shine infusing spray with this flat iron does make my hair look and feel like silk so I definitely recommend using a heat protecting/shine inducing product beforehand.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by marianoana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Sooo,I have to join the hype and say this is the best flat iron I've ever tried. I bought a while ago, but I decided to wait until I write a review. And here I am, 2 months later. It made my hair look good every day, although I use it only 2 times a week, but it also dried it. I don't mind, though, because imy hair looks fuller now and it is nothing that I cannot fix. Totally worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 8:48:00 AM More reviews by megwa82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best hair straightener for a reason. It just glides through hair effortlessly and I can straighten my long curly hair so quickly with it. If I'm in a rush and don't have time to straighten all my hair I just use it to make some nice waves and curls around my face, such a versatile tool. Love that it tames my frizzy thick hair. This is probably the best investment I ever made when it comes to my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have shoulder length thick, curly, frizzy and generally unruly hair. I've used several hair straighteners before and I was never happy with any of them, they always left my hair severely damaged and it never stayed straight for even one full day. With this flat iron my hair stays straight until I wash it again with maybe a tiny touch up on a few spots after sleeping. Touching up is seriously easy because it heats up in about 15 seconds and I only have to go over each section of hair one time. It just *glides* through hair without pulling, crimping or anything. It leaves my hair sleek, soft, shiny and pin straight in about ten minutes. I get compliments on my hair every day after I use this! I've had it for about two months now and it's the most expensive beauty item that I own but it really is worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by galaxyofdaisies

I have very thick wavy/curly hair. Every other straightener I have used has never completely straightened my hair. The ends usually were very flippy, and my hair was still dull and frizzy. The GHD is HG status. My hair is shiny, silky and it doesn't take hours for me to finish my hair. I can easily straighten my hair now within 15-20 minutes when it previously would take me about an hour. I can also easily curly my hair with this in the same time period. Honestly, I would never go back to using a different brand straightener.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by rachybloom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After a year of lemming this hardcore, I FINALLY GAVE INTO THE HYPE :) I've had a Chi for about five years and had always been satisfied with it, but not entirely thrilled. I have straight, long hair that is really thick and dry. I've always felt that the Chi "pulled" and "tugged" on my hair.. It never really glided through, especially when I was curling my hair with it (and straightening too.) My hair never shined and if I ran my hair through it, it wasn't smooth or silky. I attributed this to my hair care or the fact that my hair was damaged. How wrong I was! Ever since getting my GHD, my hair is silky and smooth. Normally, I wear my hair in big waves, but my GHD is making me feel like I actually look better with poker straight hair.. Also, I wear clip in extensions sometimes and used to hate wearing them straight because they would get tangled and look awful when I used the Chi on them. The GHD makes them smooth and blend into my hair beautifully. I don't know how it does it, or why it's so different than the Chi, but it honestly is a better investment. I hope it continues to perform this well, because I love it. If you're on the fence because you have a flat iron you like, I'd highly recommend at least trying the GHD from a company that has a good return policy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 4:35:00 AM More reviews by thisnewromance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally gave into the hype after my Sedu started dying on me after 2 years =(
wow... I'm SO glad I gave in because the GHD is definitely worth every penny. my hair is naturally wavy and medium length. it heats up in just 15 seconds and gives me that pin straight look. I straighten my hair every day and it takes me about fifteen to twenty minutes depending if I'm in a hurry or not. but either way, I get great results! unlike with the Sedu, I still had to go over sections of my hair more than twice just to achieve the result I wanted. but with the GHD, it just takes one time =)
I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a high quality straightener.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by kieustar

I have the 2009 pink edition. The colour was a bonus.

I use to have a remington straigtener. I thought they were all the same.

The GHD is heaps better. It heats up quick and easily straigtens and curls hair. Making perfect curls were initially hard but is super easy once you get the hang of it.

All my friends want me to do their hair for occasions!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

ghd BCA 2009 IV Pink Styler

I bought this to replace my CHI Turbo last month. All I can say is that this blows the CHI out of the water! It's amazing! It's heats up instantly and takes less passes over each section to smooth out my fine hair. Highly recommended!