October 22, 2014 | 1752 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Virtuose Divine Lasting Curves & Length (Courbe Virtuose)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 9:31:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaCB

I went on a recent Lancome mascara spree and this was my least favorite; its not bad, but its not good either. The brush is curved with many tightly packed bristles that do a nice job of defining. While Virtuose can not make a curl, it can maintain a curl fairly well. The brush tends to make the outer lashes curl but leave the middle and inner lashes strait (for me, I have stick strait lashes). It is somewhat water resistant, but it leaves my lashes feeling stiff. One coat looked really natural, and any more than one coat looked a little spidery and waxy. It adds some volume, but no length. It defines well and was a dark glossy black. There are way better mascaras out there than this; especially from Lancome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 10:15:00 PM More reviews by mmhilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have naturally light brown, somewhat strait eyelashes that are not voluminous or curly. I love this mascara. I don't want my eyelashes to curl because thay are long and I would look like a clown of sort. I just like mascara's that cover in color, build volume, and most importantly don't gunk up, flake, and leave those little shitballs at the end of your lashes. I will repurchase as I love the brush and the consistancy>>>>>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2008 2:00:00 AM More reviews by ChanelDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, I thought all mascaras were pretty much the same and have basically always got the same effect from all the ones I have tried. I have tried several brands from drugstore(such as l'oreal, maybelline, revlon, almay, etc.) to high-end ones(Laura Mercier, Clinique, EL, etc). I have tried deficials before and was less then impressed. But this Lancome mascara is fabulous! My lashes are long but need to be "beefed up" and this makes them much more defined, making my eyes look bigger and brighter. I wouldn't call this HG yet becuase I do want to try some of those mascaras with benefits(the ones that supposably condition them) But right now this is definetly my daily mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2008 12:13:00 PM More reviews by innadivibe

I have long lashes that couldnt hold a curl even if it was surgically enhanced somehow.

This mascara hold the curl for the wholeeeeeeeee day, no droop.
I have alot of issues with mascaras, and fiber mascara is one of them. Had I known prior to that this was actaulyla fiber mascara, I would have avoided it.

BUT im glad I didn't know! True, this mascara clumps, but you get the hang of just how to apply this mascara after a few tries.
True, the lashes can get rather hard, here is a trick, after mascara sets brush ur lashes thru, it softens and makes ur lashes plush!

Im sticking to this mascara, VERY satisfied with the curl hold and everything else it promises.

Dare I say HG? I think I just might.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by ADA77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry , i think this is a bad mascara .(Do they know it and is that why Lancome keeps giving away gwp sizes of this in every opportunity?)
here's why it's not the worst : Doesn't clump and does do a good job of curling as it promises
and here's why it's bad : it must the formula , but my lashes became brittle after using this for a few days in a row , lose a few lashes during taking it off and this is not very usual for me .
besides the curl, it doesn't really give volume or length .

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2008 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Tell_it_like_it_is

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a fan,it does not do anything it says it is going to do it's just a basic mascara! Thank god I did not have to pay for this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2008 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Bruises

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara has good staying power, no smudges, and the black is very black. However, it did not define my lashes as much as Hypnose does. It doesn't make my lashes curl more or make them longer. I have to use hypnose after to make them thicker. The Lancome lady swore that this one would be better then Hypnose but I should have knew she didn't know what she was talking about when she said Hypnose had no lengthing power. For the price there are WAY better drugstore mascaras that will do the same as this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2008 3:59:00 PM More reviews by smyle4jenn

This product does not curl, lengthen, or volumize. My lashes became thicker and a bit fuller. I tried this mascara b/c the MUA said it's more volumizing than Hypnose, but I think Hypnose gives me fuller, thicker lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by nora22

i usually just buy drug-store mascaras, but for my 19th birthday i wanted to spoil myself a little, and i've always liked the lancome brand. overall, i was pretty happy with virtouse, thought i would like to try it after i've curled my eyelashes.

pros:
doesn't clump!
gives that bit of 'oomph' without looking overdone
curved brush lets u get right to the base of the eyelash

cons:
smudges a bit by the end of the day
very hard to remove!
quite expensive
i went through a stage where i wore it everyday for a couple of weeks, but when i stopped i felt my eyelashes weren't as thick as they used to be... perhaps it made some of my lashes fall out?

so if your willing to fork out the cash, its a fairly good mascara tho i'm willing to try other mascaras

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2008 4:06:00 PM More reviews by koreancutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ok so I was really excited about this mascara, it seemed to be exactly what I was looking for...however I dont think its the best for asian eyelashes. Because it didnt really volumize or give me lasting curves, they were just kind of blah. For the price its not worth it even with the cils booster xl, Im very disapointed. Today I caved and bought the maybelline colossum mascara and it blew me away. Gave me length, volume, inky blackness, and my lashes feel soft not brittle and hard plus the four dollar price tag didnt hurt either.