April 17, 2014 | 1981 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Courbe Virtuose (Divine Lasting Curves)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2007 11:27:00 AM More reviews by lueta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not my favourite but I still like it. Gives me pretty lashes though I prefer a more dramatic effect. This one lifts and curls, doesn't clump, but as many mentioned before, is quite dry. I'd also like more volume. My favourite mascara remains YSL Faux Cills. Update: I removed a lippie because it dried up unbelievably quickly. After 2 moths all the effect I get is stiff lashes and I feel like scraping my lashes with the brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2007 11:26:00 PM More reviews by unrealloyalties

I didn't think there could be a better mascara than definicils until I tried this at sephora. amazing for short lashes, curls and lengthens, and most of all it is worry-free: no need to reapply and no fear of rubbing off like many drugstore mascaras. However, it's expensive, and quite dry which means you have to be very speedy about application-- I cannot swipe twice so I have to get it right the first time. Also, not for lower lashes. (But definicils is great for that).

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2007 10:35:00 AM More reviews by kian

Overall a disappointing mascara. It's difficult to distribute and doesn't do much for lashes. Would not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2007 8:51:00 AM More reviews by msgrape

According to my SA this replaced the Flextencils mascara which I used and loved. I have been using this for one week and still find the curved brush hard to use. I think this feels a little "thicker" on my eyelashes, but does not clump. Not so sure about the devine lasting curves claim, but I'll continue to use until I find my HG.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2007 12:50:00 AM More reviews by asoka

I took this back. I'll be honest I really hated this mascara. It's really dry and difficult to put on. The lady at the counter convinced me to get it, I wish I would have stuck with Definicils (the best IMO).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2007 10:09:00 AM More reviews by hanako283

Well I've been using CoverGirl's LashExact for a while and wanted to try a higher end product... I heard a lot of good about Lancome, so I bought Virtuose upon recommendation of the lady at the counter. I had asked for something that would lengthen and hold the curl without clumping. Overall, it did what I wanted it to do, but I've found it to be quite dry. It's also really difficult to remove (but that may just be me not having a good makeup remover). I haven't been using it after two or three tries, and I still prefer my LashExact.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2007 1:22:00 PM More reviews by bethch

I bought this for 18.50 in Debenhams. I used it at first without much effect. More curl than normal but not enough to wow me. I also had this problem with Diorshow. So then... I put 1 coat of Virtuose on, then 1 coat of Diorshow and I have amazing lashes. Lancome are the best mascara makers on the market I think. Hypnose and Virtuose are my faves now. This is a good full brush and it's non clumping, non flaking. I take mine off with Cliniqque Clarifying lotion in #1 and it comes off a treat :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2007 12:16:00 PM More reviews by dodobat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara in brown and i love it. Its very difficult to actually find a nice brown mascara as some browns can look muddy and dirty. But this one is nice and is actually similar to the hersheys chocolate syrup brown. Its glossy and nice and not dull looking (im so over the drama of black lashes). I love the fact that it really holds the curl the whole day and i dont even need to use an eyelash curler(im sooo afraid of pulling out my lashes). The only downside of this product i think is that it is not exactly the easiest mascara to use; shu oil wont do the job but i purchased lancome's bi-facil makeup remover which is excellent and found that it removes the mascara quite easily. Currently my fav mascara in my makeup bag!

*UPDATE: I just purchased this mascara in black and im super impressed!! i just can't explain how much I love this mascara. I also bought it together with lancome's amplicils which I have yet to try out. Can't wait to try that one out. I'm all for Lancome mascaras! =D

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2007 10:32:00 PM More reviews by snowbaby09

I'm Korean and I have short lashes and an eyelash curler is a must. I tried this product and really wanted this mascara to work, but sadly it didn't. If you dont use and eyelash curler it work hold the curl. The overall package is basic and sleek (black), the brush is bended, and it did seem to make my short lashes thicker, noticable, and a bit longer. When you use this mascara (a lot of people have this wrong) you have to brush with the outside of the brush, not the inside of the bend thats shaped like your eyes. This mascara was O.K. a tad bit pricey

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2007 1:15:00 PM More reviews by GStelz

I am a mascara junkie. I've tried so many, and so many disappoint. I'm sad to report that this one didn't do it for me.

Background: I have blond eyelashes (cannot see them w/o mascara!). They are a fairly good thickness - but not too long. My eyelashes are not naturally curly.

The Wand: Courbe Virtuose's wand's brush is curved and very full - making it tough to navigate lashes in the inner corners and not doing a great job of coating the lashes on lower lash line.

The Curl: I got absolutely no curl from using this mascara by itself. I got a good curl w/ lasting power when I used my eyelash curler (heated up by my hair dryer first) and then used the Courbe Virtuose. I thought the point of this mascara was so that I could skip the eyelash curler altogether...but it ain't so.

Volume and Length: It did not really extend the length of my lashes. I wiggled and wiggled and double dipped the wand...and kept going over my lashes and got minimal volume. So upsetting!!

Pigmentation: Creates a dark lash - but again, need multiple coats in order to achieve darkness b/c of bulky bristles and lack of volumizing properties.

Clumps: None. About the only thing this mascara gets right.

Don't waste your money.