August 1, 2014 | 1523 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this powder, it's my absolute favorite. I've tried others but keep coming back to it. I've literally bought and used at least a dozen, I use it every day.
The powder itself is relatively opaque, I apply it with a powder puff (the sponge it comes with is okay for touch-ups) as a setting powder for liquid foundation. It leaves a silky matte finish. It keeps oil at bay for about half a day before I have to blot and touch up, but for my oily skin that's a huge improvement over other powders I've used.
This powder works wonderfully for me, I'd recommend it to anyone with oily skin in need of a medium-opacity setting powder, if you can find a color match.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by annasofie15

Bought this because I've heard it was supposed to be good for oily skin. It's not! Really cake-like on the skin, and my skin is oily in like no time... Wish I hadn't wasted my money on this, only thing that's nice is the packaging and the color range. Pretty expensive where I live as well..

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by daniibaby

I hate this powder. I had used it a while back and my face broke out really bad but I didn't know it was because I just started to use all different products. I was trialling powders at that time. One I stopped using my face started to heal up. I ended up using it a year later because I ran out of my my Australis powder. Oh that was. Big mistake. My face broke out so bad. Little pimple all Over my forehead and pretty much all I've over my face. I got really as cystic acne on oneside of my face. This was the only thing I changed in my routine. I would not recommend this if you have as sensitive skin or acne prone. It will make your face turn to crap

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's ok. Color choice is ok. Wasn't outstanding, very silky coverage. Didnt help me look matte though. Can cake up a bit... I wear shade honey.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by hii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVEE this powder! I have this in the shade latte. That shade is discontinued but it can be found on ebay, which is where I got mine. I payed a little over $5 and this has a 9 grams on product. The shade latte is a little too light for me but due to the fact that this is a sheer powder and has virtually no coverage it works for me. So if you get a shade and it looks a little do dark or light don't freak out, the shades are forgiving. I'm nc45/50 in mac. This is a BEAUTIFUL finish. It's matte (obviously) but not flat matte. It looks kind of satiny. This controls oil really well! I apply this around 7:15 in the mornings for school and around 3:30 when I get home I am only slightly dewy with no touchups. I love the consistency (?) of this. What I mean is that I hate when powders are hard to pick up. I don't want to be standing there swirling my brush into it for 5 minutes trying to get product to show up on the brush. This looks great over my colorstay whipped foundation and my studio fix powder. Yes, even though studio fix is a powder I still set it with a sheer setting powder lol. Probably the best drugstore powder for combo/oily skin people who don't want to look powdery or flat. I really wish my shade was still in stores so I don't have to buy online but if that's the only way I can get it, I can deal. This doesn't settle into lines under the eyes or look cakey, even if you do get a little heavy-handed. The packaging is too bulky but I like the mirror and the puff. The twisting mechanism is unique. GREAT powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this powder a lot! The two lighter shades. Sand is my skin tone and I use Cream as a highlighter. I use to spend 60$ on makeup forever sculpting pallet but rinmel's bronzer and this powder are a dupe for it. This keeps my face matte 6 hours :) and its very finley milled.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Loujanexoxo

Okay so I wasn't really planning on purchasing this product I was at Kroger & I passed by the make up section because I just love make up lol and so I noticed this powder & I took it in medium beige .. & I have to admit .. I EFFIN LOVE THIS PRODUCT !!!!! LORD HAS ANSWERED MY PRAYERS !!! I was so SICK & TIRED of foundations I could never find the right one they ALWAYS make my face look so shiny after one hour !!!! This looks natural and smooth & lasts for a long time with out the shine, although after 8 hours I like to re apply or just get a napkin and dab it on the shiny spots and it looks fresh ! It just removes the shine. What I do every morning is wash my face and then apply lotion to my dry spots , apply primer , then conceler on my acne scars & apply this powder . What I don't seem to like about this powder is that it makes me look whiter for about an hour and then it kicks in to my natural color & it is a little sheer. But I would most definitely purchase this again , no doubt !!! & I recommend this to Any one with shiny oily skin ! And this does not clog pores !! I love this product !!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by kristina93

I have an oily t-zone and this powder does not keep my face matte! I feel like within an hour of wearing it, my skin is already oily and needs a touch up. It's a decent finishing powder, if you want something light and natural, but not for oil control.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAlleyJunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

*UPDATED* I feel terrible for giving this powder such a bad review when it was my foundation that was really the problem. I thought this powder made my foundation look pink but it turns out the foundation (Loreal True Match) would oxide after a while. I never noticed this but the foundation also had sparkles in it which gave my face a sparkly/sheen appearance which is bad. Well I used this powder to set a new foundation that I'm currently using and it turns out that it's a decent powder. It keeps your face matte for about 4-5 hours depending on your skin type and the temperature/humidity. I have dryish/combo skin that gets pretty oily throughout the day. The one bad thing about this foundation is I feel like it looks a little cakey. The packaging it pretty bulky. It has a part that slides out from the bottom revealing a mirror and a puff which is a plus. Perfect for on the go touch ups. It can be cheap depending on where you live and where you buy it from. It's about 4-$8. Overall it's a decent powder. Not the best but not bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by babylipss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After a bad experience will Maybelline's Fit Me Powder, I was ready and willing to try Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. It was $8 which I found pretty expensive, but after reading really good reviews, I was excited to try this out. You only get 0.32 oz, but hey. The packaging is really nice, one of the best I think. It's very handy and has a mirror and application on the bottom. It is pretty hard to open and mirror but its handy. I got Beige and it matched my skin extremely well. After a school day, (around 8 hrs plus a walk home which is 15 mins) MY FACE WAS EXTREMELY CAKEY. And not to mention right after I applied this on my face I felt my skin tingly and slightly burn which means Im about to get pimples. And loe behold, I took my makeup off and I have three big red pimples on my forehead and cheeks!

It claims:

Air-Soft Matte Perfection : it is matte for about two hours. you can barely feel it on your skin which is a plus. I have very oily skin so that may have something to do with how it barely stayed matte. It had a very pretty finish.
Oil-Free : Probably is, but I ended up extremely oily anyways.
Won't Clog Pores : My three red pimples disagree.
Dermatologist Tested : For sensitive skin?

I used a powder to apply my powder and I spun my brush in and it got EVERYWHERE. It's annoying.

This was a hyped up product. It broke me uout didn't keep my foundation set. and did NOT keep my oil from coming through.

Wouldn't purchase again. Still on the search for a great, longwearing powder. Dont know if I hate the Fit me or the Dream Matte more.

~~~~~~~~~~~UPDATE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alright, I tried this powder once again and I'm really surprised, but I like this product. Sometimes I have this love-hate relationship with this powder. You must apply it lightly brushing your skin. LIGHTLY. Previously, I was patting it on my skin with my powder brush, and it is pretty thick so I applied too too much powder on my face which caused cakey face. Lemme tell ya, a little goes a long journey. Just sweep it gently and it will look nice and matte. It will make my dry patches stand out. This isn't an everyday powder though, I've gotten breakouts from using this 3 days in a row :(

It makes you look very natural though, I have mine in Medium Beige and it fits me perfectly. I would purchase again along with Rimmel Stay Matte powder.
Oh and for the lasting powder and matte finish of this product I raise one lippie to four (-: