October 21, 2014 | 1839 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - bare Minerals Foundation #2/#3 & Mineral Veil

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by lotus411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is for all of Mare Mineral Powders. I used different powders from Bare Minerals and all cause me to itch and break out. I went to my doctor to get something to clear up my face. He looked at the ingredients on the BE packaging and pointed out a ingredient call BISMUTHOXYCHLORIDE as the cause of the itching and breaking out. I have stopped using BE product and my skin is starting to clear up. My doctor (she) advise me that mineral make up is good for your skin but stay away from any product with Bismuth. She also said that not everyone is allergic to this ingredient..My search continue for a good mineral make-up.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by voo_doo_ray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The commercials for this product really drive me crazy. I understand that they want to promote the product, but come on already. This foundation DID NOT look invisible on my skin no matter how much I blended it, and it broke me out to boot. I have had MUCH better success with other mineral foundations and suggest people try a variety of brands to find a true skin tone match.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by HanadiSaid

i have dry skin but its not extremely dry its more dull than anything. I use the medium color but i don't use the warmth. For the price this product is worth it. You get everything with the kit. the brushes are amazing !!! If i'm going to pay $60 it better come with brushes and this product does and they are great brushes not cheap ones. I use this everyday and i've been with the same pot for a year now and I still have alot left. I cannot stress enough how it is worth the price. My rotuine is .....1) moistureize with Garnier daily regenerating serum ( I prefer using the night cream though, it comes in a tube, the PM cream is the best ever !!!) the only reason I'm using the serum is because I ran out of PM cream and my boyfriends mom gave me a box of the serum samples) anywhoo....2) I spot conceal ......3) apply the foundation with flawless face brush, starting at the forehead in small circular motions and work my way down........ 4) use BE concealer brush for my undereye area .......5) apply BE blush in Hint........ 6) use BE kabuki to pat mineral veil.......I know it sounds like alot but honesly I do this while driving and it takes me 4-6 mins.you could even forego the spot concealing and just do it when you do the undereye area.... It used to take me 8-9mins but after a week I got it down to a science. Its is my HG foundation. I will never use anything else.....If you have really dry skin try using MAC studio fix+ right after you apply the blush or after the Mineral veil. it gives you a nice dewy look. the fix+ is worth the 17ish dollars. trust me.....so all in all I 'm sorry its so long but you should defiantely give this a shot. It looks so natural and it stays on after I get out of the shower. really good for the summer if you go to the beach or a pool. the chlorine is not going to make you look red with BE on . :-) BUY this product !!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by maimie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really disappointed in this product. I have normal combo skin, fair to medium, and although I am 58 my skin is clear and not very lined. The powder looked incredibly shiny on my face, on account of the high mica content. I certainly didn't look "dewy", just sweaty looking. The colours though I blended and swirled and did all the right things, looked dead and sallow. The packaging was the worst I have ever bought. Powder seeping out everywhere, particularly when travelling. Clouds of powder, messy on the dressing table, no control over output , awful. What a ridiculous way to package a product. I looked shiny, powdery, sallow and my dressing table was a mess. I looked older as well, and hardder. I shall never buy this product again, I prefer my old foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by x0bellax0

I LOVE Bare Minerals!!! not everyone is going to like it people have different skin types,..I love the way it makes my skin feel...and warmth is really nice if you want that bronzed look...I love all the Bare Minerals products (:

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by prettym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this for the first time after trying so many foundations for my skin (like coverfx). I have combination skin but gets a lot of breakoouts from some products. I actually love this. I feel it even improved my skin complexion. I didn't get anymore breakouts and it has excellent coverage even if it's just a powder. I have the tan shade but i don't like the warmth (or maybe the shade it came with) as it is too dark. But overall, I love this

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Cherriez211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have normal skin type but it can appear dull sometimes so I wanted something that would brighten it up a bit and still look natural. I was initially drawn to this product b/c i love the idea of mineral make-up..I don't like the idea of putting all those unnecessary chemicals on my skin. When I first put it on I was very pleased with the way it matched my skin tone and the even application. However, later on it made my skin oily, and rubbed off easily--and even rubbed off on my bangs, making them very oily, right after I had washed and blow dried them! I also tried the tinted mineral veil over it but it made my face look RED, making an obvious color difference from my golden toned neck & chest. So basically, I feel it would be a good product if it actually stayed on past an hour, and if the mineral veil tint was a more natural color. I also felt the price was too high considering the product quality..I just bought Maybelline mineral power the other day for less than half the price of B.E. and it lasted much longer and didn't make me oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by jama1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wish they had a "maybe" response for "would you buy this again?" I love the idea of mineral makeup. I really do. but this stuff does not live up to the promises. Yes, it's natural. Great. But it makes me itch horribly when I sweat and when I get hot.

Also, I am bi-racial, and they don't have the right color for me. This is definitely better than the liquid alternatives, but it's not as great as everyone says.

Plus, I hate the powder concealer. That is really stupid to me!!!!

This product is very average and clouded in great marketing!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by bloodvsplastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

DO NOT purchase this if you actually need coverage due to acne/faded acne scars/redness. This gives you absolutely no coverage and not to mention it looks weird and not completely flawless. I probably spent $90 to get started and it was no where near that value. I paid cash, so when I returned it they had to MAIL A CHECK and it took 4-6 weeks. Bought it a Bare Essentuals for reference. That place is a joke. The drug store minerals products work 100% better for way less than 1/4 of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by hyperj00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Summary: Good coverage for someone who hates foundation.

Pros: Lightweight, odorless, comfortable, good coverage, looks natural. Not make-uppy or cakey. No make up lines to blend.

Cons: Takes FOREVER to apply compared to ordinary face powder. You have to tap powder into the lid, swirl the brush in it, tap the excess, and then apply. I have to do this 3-5 times to cover my entire face. THEN you have to put on the mineral veil. Once it's all on, it looks great. Another con is that I have to use it really sparingly or it emphasizes my large pores. As loose powder and multi step process, it's also not convenient for carrying in my purse and doing touch ups through out the day. I carry LORAC pressed powder for that.