December 22, 2014 | 1070 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - TheBalm - BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 1:18:00 AM More reviews by lovespugs

This is more like a foundation than a tinted moisturiser. The coverage is medium and buildable. It definitely moisturises and it definitely works as a sunscreen. This is my HG foundation now. I cannot see myself using another foundation after finding this gem of a product. Hard to get in Australia, but easy enough to find on the Internet and probably cheaper than Australian retail anyway. Love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by vcstr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have pretty good skin, and honestly I don't treat it very well. I moisturize with aloe after I shower but that's about it.

Since high school I've been using a cream foundation with a powder to set in the winter months and a powdered mineral make-up in the spring and fall. In the summer I wear so much sunscreen that I tend to forgo foundation altogether. This year though I'm working in a more professional environment and wanted to look more polished in the day. I was hoping to try Benefit's You Rebel but it's not sold near me and I didn't like not having SPF on my face while walking to and from work as well as being outside on breaks (my skin burns very easily).

I saw BalmShelter in Rexall and decided to give it a try. I adore it! It evens my skin perfectly so all I need is a touch of concealer under my eyes and I'm fine for work. It makes my skin nice and soft and the Light/Medium shade gives my (very) slightly tanned skin a bit of a glow.

It makes for great lightweight makeup for the summer, and while it obviously won't replace your foundation it's a great alternative if you just want something simple.

Would definitely buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by harls321

I got a sample at Sephora and liked it so much that when I was done I purchased the full size tube. I am NC30 and use shade Light/Medium and it works perfectly with my skintone. I have oily/acne prone skin and it wears well. I do use a primer underneath and set it with a finishing powder. If feels lightweight and helps to even out my skintone. Looks like real skin, doesn't leave me greasy or oily. It is a shame that it doesn't come in more shades so others can enjoy it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2011 6:23:00 AM More reviews by yokki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all the color range sucks. Even the lightest shade is dark for my NC20- 15 skin.

The moisturizing ability of the product also sucks. I can't use it without putting a moisturizer underneath. What's the point of a tinted moisturizer if I have to put additional moisturizer ?

I have dry skin and this does not give a glowing finish. Matte finish it gives. I am very dissappointed with this product. The only good thing about it is the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 3:43:00 AM More reviews by jwannano

I've been using this product for almost 6 months now and still on my first bottle.
What can I say, I just love this product and can't leave the house without apply some on? I have acne prone, combination, and very sensitive skin, but this TM doesn't harm my skin in any way. It covers acne scars and redness pretty well compare for other TM. I use this as a foundation and GIRLS!! This is a must have product!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by BexV

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this- I normally wear foundation but I decided to try something a but more natural as I have no real need for foundation as my skin is pretty clear. I got the Light shade which is a perfect match (I'm a NC15 in mac) i always moisturise before hand, just because you get a better result, it goes on really well, perfect coverage for a tinted moisturiser- it passes the freckles test! (meaning that they are still visible) I have not found a fault with this- it lasts all day at school and makes my skin look so pretty and natural!
I would highly reccomend this and I would buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by lightsout91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is some pretty good stuff. The coverage is *just right* for a TM. You cannot expect it to cover big imperfections, it's just not gonna happen. But this gives the most amazing glow i've found out of any TM i've used. It doesn't fade too badly throughout the day either, nor does it transfer. It just gives such a beautiful finish. What really peaked my fancy was that I accidentally bought the "light" shade the first time and of course it looked ridiculous on my medium skin, but when i applied a medium colored loose powder over it the color blended in SEAMLESSLY. I was actually amazed.
Now for the cons...this isn't very moisturizing, which isn't a big deal for me since I have oily skin but for dry skin girls you'll want to use a moisturizer before applying this. Also, maybe it's just me but I think this has a slight gray cast to it which goes away when you apply powder, but i'd really like to use this alone with no other product. Because of the SPF in this, you will look paler in flash photography. Lastly, I wish this was a few bucks cheaper.
Overall, this TM is extemely underrated. I will for sure repurchase :)
I should add that the colors run very dark. Light was too light for me, but light/medium was very dark. So i mix the two colors together and apply lightly, or like I said earlier, just use Light but use a medium powder over it.
By the way, I gave this 4 lippies but I really think this is worthy of a 4.5

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by mpeter

I have tried a few tinted moisturizers (smashbox, clinique, laura mercier) and I always return them. I do not wear foundation and I have no desire to put make up all over my face. I was looking for something to go over my primer (smashbox light) that would make my face look "naturally" flawless.

This TM does just that! Totally evens out my skin, looks so natural and feels soft as ever. Gives a dewy but not oily look. I am a huge fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Avril14th

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried just about every tinted moisturizer out there since I hate the feel of makeup on my skin. Laura Mercier is raved about but it breaks me out and her oil free one is like chalk on my skin. This feels like you are are putting moisturizer on and not makeup. The coverage is buildable and very easy to apply. For a fancy evening out, I prefer to do up my face a little more with a foundation but for everyday, I wear this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by BBrazilian

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Those of us who wear tinted moisturiser are usually looking for a product that moisturises. That is the first requirement and this product definitely delivers. The colour range isn't great, but I chose "light" and found it to be a great match for my skin. It's a yellow based foundation and very flattering. I apply this with my fingers and it blends completely. I usually apply my foundations with a sponge and have to blend quite a bit to get an even finish. With Balm Shelter, I can apply with my fingers and this blends like a dream! The coverage is medium to light, but it is definitely buildable. The result is dewy and lovely. The SPF18 sunscreen works. I have been very fortunate to find two fantastic tinted moisturisers in the last few weeks, one was Clarins Super Restorative Tinted Cream and the other was Balm Shelter. Balm Shelter is much cheaper and does a comparable job! I just wish I could find it in Australia rather than having to order it online! Will definitely order it again. This will probably be my HG foundation from now on.
Edited 20/02/11 Strawberrynet have just added "light" to its online store so I can purchse this product for $17.00 Australian! This is sooooooo cheap!