August 28, 2014 | 1509 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - TheBalm - BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by jenious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I don't wear makeup. I hate the feeling of makeup on my face. I take good care of my skin, but I do have some redness in the cheek area. I have tried many different Tinted Moisturizers and all have been a huge disappointment because they felt so heavy and cakey. I decided to give this TM a try... I am so glad I did! It is very creamy and sheer. The coverage is perfect for my very fair skin, and it definitely does not feel heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by jadelianne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Green

The only tinted moisturizer I have ever used and not hated!
I have fairly clear skin in regards to acne, but my skin is excessively "pink" toned, so I have to use some kind of foundation every day in order to not look sunburnt and blotchy. This stuff is wonderful, because in addition to covering my pink-ness without looking heavy or cakey, it moisturizes and actually helps soothe my very sensitive skin! It has SPF which is a must in any product for me. Also, there's 2oz in a tube- twice as much as you get in most MAC liquid foundations! Overall, a very good buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

oh my goodness, could this actually be a TM that doesn't sink into my gaping craters known as pores?! WOW! Having tried many, which end up being given to friends blessed with better skin than I am, I didn't think it was possible. But I guess it is. Just for cutting my daily routine down from 3 products (moisturiser, primer, sun cream),to 1, this is worth its weight in gold. Thank you theBalm! ps and it looks lovely on the skin, always a bonus! :-)
UPDATE: have been using this non stop now for a month, I don't think it will ever leave my arsenal. Now that its winter, I'm using a small amount of argan oil, BalmShelter and Too Face primed + poreless powder.... my skin looks lovely, I never thought I'd say that but its the truth

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2010 4:32:00 AM More reviews by prettygurll

This is my HG TM. I cant find another TM that I like as much as this. During the winter, I use Light/Medium and Medium over the summer. This goes on light and sheer but still covers up redness and discoloration. It gives me a really nice even tone. It absorbs well and I never feel oily through out the day when I have this on. Before I found this, I would avoid wearing TM's because they made me oily, so I ended up wearing liquid foundation to school (which i honestly think is too much for school) but after I found this, I dont wear liquid foundation anymore except on special occasions. I have pretty good skin and I dont get acne so i dont really have a lot to cover up so a TM is perfect for everyday!

The tube itself is pretty big compared to other TMs so i dont really mind paying 18 bucks. (trust me I've seen smaller ones that sell for at least 40 bucks) And the tube lasts good amount of time because a little goes a long way. I use very little and my face is still moisturized and even. Also it does a pretty good job of staying on. I sweat through out the day during the summer walking around school but when I get home at night and wash my face, I still see color on the cloth i use to wash my face.

On a side note, this TM is not oil free, and at forst I was afraid it would break me out, but i've been using this for so long and have never broke out from it ever

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Rayvyb86

I was on a crusade to find the perfect TM, and I think I found it. Sephora’s Time Balm: Balm Shelter provides adequate coverage, and makes my face feel smooth.

I had been using CG Smoothers for about 6 years, but noticed my skin looking old, wrinkled and dry. I searched for alternate TM’s, and the consensus seemed to be Laura Mercier…but I refuse to pay that much for makeup. A strong runner up was Balm Shelter, and it lives up to its reviews! I’ve got very sallow, uneven skin and very severe dark circles. Although Balm Shelter doesn’t cover the imperfections perfectly (I still need concealer and powder), it does a great job smoothing things out. On days when I just don’t give a damn, I feel comfortable wearing only it.

It’s got a nice, light sun-tan-lotiony scent, and it goes on so smoothly. It’s nice and rich without being heavy or greasy. My skin feels noticeably soft after I use it.

Also, although it looks dark (I got the light/medium) and perhaps orange, it blend perfectly and looks natural on my face.

I highly recommend it as a mid-priced option. Compared to CG and Olay’s TMs, it’s the clear winner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 6:32:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Finally! A tinted moisturizer I can use that has great coverage!!! Usually, tinted moisturisers make me oily as well as not covering very well.
I bought it from strawberrynet as it is pretty hard to find in Australia now. It was also much cheaper!
It has a sunscreeny smell - which I like for some strange reason but it fades away quite quickly. I love that it has sunscreen in it and that it is lightly moisturising. It seems to sit nicely into the skin without sinking in the pores.
The colour is a great match and it doesn't break me out. I am very prone to break outs with suncreens and tinted moisturisers for some reason. I tried Laura Mercier's tined moisturiser but found that the oil free version made me very oily and the normal version was a better colour match until I got outside. I also found a series of bumps on my skin after using it.
This product is quite light while having quite good coverage. I need concealer for super pigmented spots. It also does not make my skin spotty or itchy. Horrah!
It has great coverage and staying powder with some Nude By Nature Finishing Veil.
I love it and recommend it highly!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 8:22:00 AM More reviews by KatrinTreichel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm NW20 at MAC and in the summer NW25, Light/medium covers both those skin tones for me. I love the way this product applies. It doesnt sink into my pores or oxidize. One thing is that i would highly reccomend wearing a light powder over it just to set it. In the long run it will help I'm only on my 3rd bottle and i've been using this since.. um around November of last year.. so a lot of product. The price is really high but you get a lot of product. So it evens out. One bottle has lasted me 3 months with every day application... So.. :) I like it better than the 40$ Laura Mercier.. so take that as an example.. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by sbrooksl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i was never big on tinted moisturizers till i tried this, i love this product its medium coverage, feels soo nice on. i do apply a T powder over it just keep help keep the coverage all day. it doesn't really have a smell which i like. and i love that it has a 18 SPF

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by mel61488

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because thebalm was having a promotional deal with 50% off its merchandise and free shipping on June 21st to welcome summer. I was running out of my normal TM and decided to give this a try. I bought the shade light/medium while I was tanned at a NC 30-35ish. It is a really nice match and evens out my skin tone. I don't wear foundation during the day, but this provides enough coverage that with a dusting of powder on top it works all day. I have a bit of redness in my cheeks (though it goes away in the summer when I tan), so I can't say for sure how it works with redness yet. I also really like the packaging because you can squeeze out the amount you need and remains hygienic. I like that the top is a flip top, and not a screw top like a lot of my other TM's. I think this may be my new favorite TM and I definitely will continue to repurchase, even at full price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by xMissMurderx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the best Tinted Moisturizers I have tried! I recommend it to anyone looking for a new TM to try. My skin tends to be on the oily side and I can still use this in the summertime. I'm NC20 and I got the Medium shade and it was fine, I'd rather my foundation be a tad too dark than too light. I don't think the price is too bad but If you can catch it on sale I highly recommend giving it a try!