July 28, 2014 | 1835 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Minerals

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by LilMizz

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only problem with this foundation is, as others mentioned, the range of colours. But because of it's adaptive qualities this doesn't become TOO much problem. And the packaging is very awkward so it can get a little messy. But overall, it's a decent mineral foundation (better than Bare Escentuals and the likes IMO), if applied correctly it gives you a very natural, radiant, matte complexion with good coverage that literally stays put for ages. It doesn't break me out either.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by phoenix511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'll admit, this stuff is pretty cakey/clumpy until you figure out how to use it. First, a litte goes a LOOOOOOONG way; I don't think I've ever used more than a thimble-full. Second, primer helps alot, but that's true for most foundations. As far as color goes, I'll admit the shades you see in the bottle are a bit misleading; if the store has one of the semi-transparent cards L'Oreal makes, those should give you a good idea. I'm one of those people who will literally spend half an hour scrutinizing colors in the makeup aisle before I buy, so I rarely have blending problems. I guess all this prep seems a bit much for most people, but I think its worth it for such a good mineral foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Libling

Honestly, I don't understand the low rating of this product. This was the first mineral make up I have tried, after quitting with regular make up, because I hated how they emphasized my imperfections -large pores, oily skin and some wrinkles, yeah. So this was a relief -I can hide my uneven skintone, without having a caky ,slippery layer of foundation on my face. The pores can be emphasized or not with this product, it is the question of application, if I buff the powder into them, they will show in full glory. So I buff only the rest of my face, not the pore affected area- I only sweep them through with the brush. I switched to EDM and Silk Naturals after falling in love with MMU, but I am planning to get back to it. I wanted something "more natural" but as I always wear primer with MMU, I don't really see the point. This one gives more coverage, and doesn't make me oilier than I would get without make up. It is perfect for me. The brush is not a pleasent creature, I agree, but who cares. I have other brushes...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2010 10:25:00 AM More reviews by hannahdlc

I really wanted to try a mineral foundation so I chose this one as it wasn't very expensive at all. I chose the lightest shade as I'm very pale and it was still way too dark for me - I just look orange. Also, the brush that comes with it is terrible - I get huge orange splodges and I can't spread the foundation with the brush. I tried it with a different brush and it was more even but still very cakey. On a plus, I like the packaging and the price! Maybe for someone with oily skin and darker skin it would be good, but I certainly won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2009 9:22:00 AM More reviews by jojojo123

I like this as it blends well but!! It was just that it cakes and made my skin dry out!!! So wouldn't recommend as a daily wear or for full coverage. but good for those who only would wear a dusting as it wouldn't cake!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by LittleOne90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My mother gave me this to use when my MSF ran out, and to be honest I prefer to use this as a cover up. I have mine in W3 Golden Natural. (One of the bonuses of Mum wearing MU, we are the same Foundation shade :-D)

I've applied this using a powder brush and the brush that comes with it, and in my opinion I find that the brush that comes with it gives you better application, and helps buff it out. Although the brush isn't the best quality, you can stick your nose up at the idea.

Using this product I find myself neglecting my concealer, as it covers up my acne so well on its own.

I find that it wears well also during the day. I walk to work everyday, and with my oily skin and exercise ( I walk a mile and half to work) it doesn't look like it's melting of my skin. My skin is still Matte.

I will be re-purchasing this again! Thanks to Mum she's saved me some pennies!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2009 8:16:00 AM More reviews by akagon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've repurchased this product a few times. I'm a bit shocked to see the really bad reviews actually. In the drugstore products this is probably the best mineral make up overall. The quality, packaging and it suit my skin tone the most. It looks beautiful when set after a few hours of application. My skin glows. It really looks like as if I have a nice skin which is what foundation is supposed to do, I hate to look like as if I am wearing foundation. I find it easy to control the coverage by shaking the brush a little prior to application. I have to be careful with the container because it cracks easily. Unlike Maybelline for example the brush is part of the lid which keeps it neat and portable. The only complaint I have is the quality and the size of the brush. It doesn't feel very pleasant when I glide it over my skin. I will probably repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by puppyluvz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i just have to say that i love this foundation! i think it works very well for oily skin as opposed to normal or dry skin. also it only works for certain skin colors. I personally am the lightest shade. (the lightest is a combo of 3 shades.) that's the only thing i dont like. But, if you have the right type and color of skin, this will be your miracle product. It sure is mine. i also really like the packaging! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by thenaturebabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried many mineral foundations, and this one is my favorite. The price is right, and I usually wait until it is on sale and I have a coupon. The coverage is very good. You need to moisturize (even those with oily skin like me), and let the moisturizer sink in for a minute or two before applying. I have a complexion with yellow undertones, and I found a shade that matches perfectly (466 I believe??). Some companies make all of their shades waaaay too pink-based, but not loreal. Since the makeup looks lighter in the jar due to the translucent plastic, be sure not to buy a shade that is too dark for you. No matter what brand, if the makeup is too dark you will look like a pumpkin, and if it is too light you will look like an ashy ghost!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2009 3:04:00 PM More reviews by FUNgurl

OO MY GoD! This foundation is seriously the worst that I've ever used!! What a joke!! I'm shocked that there are human beings who are actually pleased with it.
I don't even know where to start..so i was looking for a '2-in-1' type foundation because i wanted a product which is a combination of foundation and powder coz i thought that it might be a good way of saving money and this way i could use only one product instead of two. Boy it was a mistake to buy this RUBBISH. With the 'help' of the SA i chose the color 'Amber' which seemed to match my tanned skin. When I got home i put it on and guess what..i totally got the fake-tan-went-wrong-look!! Of course i immediately regretted my purchase. Ok, i said to myself, i will try to use it very lightly and blend it well. Well i can tell you that this is mission impossible with this product, it doesnt go on evenly, leaves big dark patches which you have to literally srcub with your hands all over your face to make things a bit more tolerable. Anyways the result is uneven, cakey, mask-like, completely unnatural and for some reason it emphasizes the incorrections on your skin instead of hiding them. Also my skin felt really dirty with this on.
The packaging is not less annoying. You cannot really control the amount of powder that gets to the huge brush and the consistency is so loose that the powder foundation will be all over the place and its impossible to wash it down from the bathroom sink with water..only with cleaning products. Of course it also falls to your clothes no matter how hard you try to avoid it, and its likely to ruin your outfit with disgusting orange-coloured stains.
Unfortunately the packaging looks nice so that made one friend of mine buy this after i showed it to her. Needless to say, after she tried it at home, she was not impressed either. She bought it in a lighter colour than mine so i thought that maybe that one suited my skin better. Wrong! After i put that one on, my face was totally grey-ish, zombie-like. Like a clay mask or something. Not kidding!
I don't really like to write negative reviews on products but i just had to inform you about what you have to expect if you spend your money on this. Don't let the advertising and the nice packaging fool you!
(Since then i bought myself a proper foundation-Superbalanced by Clinique- and from now on i will use it as a blush/bronzing powder)
Have a lovely day Ladies!!